“Beautiful, sexy, chic room!”
Review of Dream South Beach

Dream South Beach
Ranked #46 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Love the decor and lighting. The room is also very spacious and has a huge shower with see through glass doors ( super cool). We had a really nice weekend and I slept like a Queen!!
The hotel also has a delicious restaurant called Naked Taco. The margaritas are delicious and the Taco's were voted best Taco's in Miami. Perfect atmosphere, you can sit inside or out in the terrace and their Service is fast and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2014
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Awesome! It is so great to hear that you had such a fantastic stay and got to enjoy some of our delicious tacos from Naked Taco! We very much appreciate your glowing review, and hope that you will come back and stay with us again, and get to enjoy some more items off the menu!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,407)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights at Dream. It was beautifully decorated with very cool lighting in the room that was trendy and impressive. It was a little difficult to understand all of different lighting configurations without referencing the instruction card but it was pretty easy to figure it out just by pressing the multiple buttons.
There was very little space for our luggage. Granted, we had a lot of luggage since we were on a road trip from California to Florida. There would have been plenty of room if we had half of the luggage.
I didn't get much sleep with all of the parties going on. I could hear somebody in the room above us at about 4:00am walking around in high heels on the hardwood floors. It's not a hotel for sleep. It's more of a party hotel.
The rooftop pool was a lot smaller than I anticipated but we were only there at night, which was perfect. There was a woman passed out on one of the chaise lounges, which was more humorous than sad. There were still several people in the pool having a good time when we got there. It was pretty much what I expected.
The room was very close to the beach and the hotel had a spot on the beach that hotel guests can use. They set up your beach chairs for you. We gave a tip although the man helping us didn't make us feel any pressure to give him one (which surprised me). He was great and seemed genuinely interested in making conversation with us.
I had heard other people talk about concerns for safety in South Beach but I felt completely safe! While my husband slept in the first morning, I went for a jog on the beach. I didn't have any safety concerns at all.
The hotel's restaurant was amazing! The waiter was very engaging but a little assertive and did the "assumptive close" on the drinks. He asked if we would be drinking and we said "yes"( I mean, we're in Miami for goodness sakes)! So after we ordered our drinks, he mixed a shot and brought it to us and asked if we wanted to try it. We agreed and paid for it big time on the bill! We had budgeted for that sort of thing but for those of you who are budget conscious or don't like things being pushed on you, watch out for those questions and don't be afraid to say "no." We were very happy with all of the food we ordered there.
Miami is EXPENSIVE. I am glad I went but I don't think I'll be back unless I'm on a business trip and my company pays the bills!
Overall, if you're looking for a good Miami party experience, this is an ideal hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share your nice review with us! It sounds like you and your husband had a really fun time and had a true vacation here in sunny South Beach. Great job taking full advantage of our section out on the beach - the staff out there really are friendly and enjoy getting to know people from all over the world. We appreciate your business and can't wait to see you both again soon!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Recently stayed at Dream. Had a wonderful stay , room was very spacious, bed was incredible, bathroom was oversized and very modern.
The front desk staff were awesome and each and every question or request was met with a quick and almost always positive response.
Nicely placed in the middle of Collins Ave, not to far from the favorite spots and shopping .

Room Tip: Corner suites are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Thank you so much for your nice comments about our friendly front desk staff - we had a great time taking care of you! Your review and recommendation if very much appreciated, and we all hope that you will come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Well located hotel to discover Miami south. Very friendly staff. Nice room with all the necessairy facilities. Unfortunately the breakfast was a real disappointment. Ask their adresses for lunch or dinner !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan D
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay at Dream, and sharing your feedback with us. I am sorry that you were disappointed with breakfast, but it is great to hear that you were able to interact with our friendly staff and enjoy our location and the amenities of the hotel. We all look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Treated like garbage right from the start! Excluding the F&B manager, who was fantastic. Would have stayed at a Hilton but there was nothing near south beach. We were put in the worst room which was not made up until at least 4pm each day. Upon checkout when we asked for a taxi we were sent a limo who was a friend of the front desk manager. Have just cancelled 5 bookings for the dream in NYC because of this.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Patrick M

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to express yourself and your experiences, but with regards to your review and your feelings it would be most helpful if I could gain some more details about your stay and the things that contributed to making you feel this way. I would love an opportunity to speak with you directly, and I may be contacted at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747.

Again, I appreciate you sharing your feelings, but some more details would be very helpful in helping to resolve any issues and help restore your faith in us.

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

"Alert" Not the hotel for Adult couples or Families. Book at stay from July 11-July 14, 2014. Using the rating system I thought it was a great place for "Adult Couples"..Not. When we arrived their were a group of young people standing sitting outside, smoking and drinking. We reluctantly went inside, there was another group inside. The bellman takes use to out room, in the hallway we smell a strong aroma of marijuana. I immediately asked the bellman to take us to the front desk, they refused to cancel our stay, even after bellman admitted that he smelled it also. After contacted our booking agency (Bookit.Com), they agreed to cancel 2 days, move our room and free breakfast. While that part of the hotel was quite, we still heard a lot of commotion in the area. Breakfast was horrible. On a good note the staff was ok. Maybe if I was in my 20's this would be a ok place, but in my 40's not....I will be contacting all parties involved for a full refund.

Room Tip: Look for private beach
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WAHILL215
DreamSouthBeach, Front Office Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that you did not have a pleasant experience here at Dream. I do hope you understand that we work to provide an enjoyable atmosphere all of our guests from all different age groups, but that sometimes the actions of discourteous guests or neighbors might directly affect others in a negative way. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you with another quieter room, but again, my apologies that your overall impression of our hotel and the surrounding area was not positive.

I want to make sure that the changes you made to your reservation went smoothly with BookIt.com, and I would also like to speak with you directly about your experiences. I may be contacted at: johnwalbridge@dreamsouthbeach.com, or 305-673-4747.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, and I hope to speak with you soon.

John Walbridge - Front Office Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Beautiful boutique hotel with modern lighting and bathrooms. Very pretty pool too! One street over from the ocean, and in a good location to explore Collins Ave. We rented a cabana at the pool one day and it was absolutely lovely. Not crowded, with a gorgeous pool and great drinks!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Very nice! Thanks so much for choosing to relax and enjoy yourselves here at Dream, and for taking the time to share your nice comments. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!