Dream South Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Kent Hotel(Miami Beach)
Hotel Victor(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
The Marlin Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Bar/Lounge
Impala Hotel(Miami Beach)
Essex House(Miami Beach)
  • Breakfast included
2,470 results
All reviewsnaked tacopalmer houserooftop poolhigh barsun suiteversace mansionsouth beachocean driveglass doorfull length mirrorrooms are smalljunior suiteperfect locationboutique hotelart decostandard roompool staff
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I need to agree with most part of the tripadvisers.... The hotel is really beautiful. I stayed in this hotel from 29th Sep to october 2nd.
The receptionists for check in and the people working in the staff are really lovely ones. I need to congrat Juliana which is a really nice person.
I loved the location, the cleanliness and the service offered, but I have few points that would be nice to let everyone to know.

- Valet Parkking - To park in Miami Beach is not a really not a good idea. So if you can, do go by car. The option offered by the hotel is USD 30 per night. Really expensive. I stayed in 12th street (just in the corner) for USD 20 (which is still expensive, but 10 less). I would later discover that the parking is the same that the hotel works. So hotel overcharge 10USD just to give the car in front of the hotel (even if the park is a 10 meters distance).

- Noisy Nights - The room is really great, very comfort bed, very decorated and designed as well. Problem? Yes. You can hear your neighbor in anytime of night. I think that the ground or the walls are to thin that you can hear everything. From a simple talking to a game being seen at TV. I woke up many times in the night listening to children crying and people in an out of their rooms.

- Bathroom - Is really beautiful but not Functional. I mean, there is no privacy. You can see what other is doing. If anyone have troulble with this, this is not the place.

- There is no breakfast in the hotel. For a qualified 4 star it should have.

- There are not to many space for luggage (if are travelling with many) or for clothes.

- Thinking Green - The hotel offers in the room a book with some explanation of the hotel itself including tips and so on. There is a mention that the hotel thinks green, so thats why they use controls for temperature, cleaning and for lightining. Even tough, if you ask for a glass cup what you get? a plastic cup. It is just a detail, but I would mention it. It is not green. Glass could be re-used. Plastic, even it is recycled, it is not the best option.

- Lights - Even the room is different and has a different style (and it is really beautiful)I could say that it is a litle dark inside. So it could be clearer.

- internet - there is no internet at the rooms. Even if you step outside you get for free in the street... and also in the lobby. By the way, lobby is not confortable. It has a style, but there is a place not to be seated for a long time. It does not invite you to stay there. It seems, somehow, that the guests are not to be there for long time.

3  Thank Alexandre Luis P
PalmerHouseSoBe, Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2010

Thanks for giving giving such good feedback - it helps us make sure we can be responsive to the total guest experience. We are really happy that Juliana was able take good care of you! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 October 2010

This is my 1st review ever, and I felt it was important to share my positive experience. As a frequent SoBe visitor, this hotel met all my expectations and more. After numerous visits and stays and awful hotels, this one is so worth the stay. All hotel staff was pleasant throughout our entire stay. This is a first for us. The rooms were "different" but excellent. Most SoBe hotel rooms look like motels but not ours. The seated beach chairs (may be wet from the previous user), beach towel, comfy bed and fresh linen, nice sized TV, good quality bath towels, no "resort fee" added to your bill, available umbrellas should it rain, and great staff makes us want to return and stay here again. A few down-sides" the construction next door started at 7am on Mon morning. Wish we would have thought about it when we were given our room. Something to think about when you get your room assigned. No chairs in front of the hotel to lounge on, (it might be due to the construction next door and the dust it must create), and the lighting in the room could become tricky with 10 buttons as options. Let the staff walk you through it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

What a great review and really nice feedback! We are really proud to be your first Trip Advisor Review, and we certainly look forward to providing you with a most excellent stay next time!

Reviewed 2 October 2010

Spent 3 days at this Hotel 3 days post cruise. We arrived 5 hours early and still were checked in! Staff was friendly, attentive and told us were to eat drink and party!. Rooms were chic and sexy! They looked exactly as portrayed on-line. Location, one word , great! The Palmer is close enough to all of the action and the beaches. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't wait for the completed renovations. I will be back next year!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Thank Renee T.

Thank you so much for staying with us! We had a great time recommending you to all the best places to enjoy yourselves. We'll be looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I have travelled in over 40 countries and this place has been by far the most hospitable staff I have come across. Peggy and her crew go above and beyond to help you out with anything and everything from finding a great place to eat, to booking rental cars, to helping you find accomodation in nearby areas (and even printed up heaps of info for us as well including menus for restaurants, Miami Spice deals, and hotels in The Keys). Enough about the staff. The hotel has very very recently been renovated and there is so much attention to detail that is has no competition in hitting my No 1 spot for the best room that I have ever enjoyed staying in. The rooms are extremely funky and bordering on a mix of ultra modern Middle Eastern space age pads. Weird description I know but wait until you see it. Lloyd will happily show you how to work out all of the mod cons including chandelier and blue mood lighting and ultra cool bathroom. The bed was sublime too. Palmer House is in a great location and very easy to find. Do yourself a favour and stay at this joint. You won't regret it.

PS If you like a good meaty dining experience try out Fogo De Chao down on 1st Street - fantastic quality & excellent staff, just like Palmer House.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your rave review! It sounds like you had a blast while you were here, and on behalf of Peggy and her crew, we are all so happy we could be a part of it! We can't wait to be your # 1 hotel again next time you come and visit!

Reviewed 29 September 2010

There are only positive comments about this hotel on Trip advisor for a reason .... it is incredible !!! ... location perfect! .. one block to beach, one block to starbucks, one block to cafes and bars, and great being off the main strip .. staff are an absolute delight , thanks to Lloyd and all reception staff ... rooms are amazing , the design, the lighting, such a tranquil place to come back to ... bed , big and comfortable, .. wished we could stay longer .... rest assured you will not be disappointed .. stay here !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... the only place we will stay on our next trip to South beach ....

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much! We are thrilled that Lloyd and the front office staff was able to make your stay really wonderful. Can't wait to see you again next time!