“Great Miami choice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kennewick, Washington
“Great Miami choice”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Excellent location, half block to the beach and lots of good restaurants, another block to good shopping a a local 25 cent bus that takes you anywhere in South Beach. The rooms are small but beautifully decorated and every inch utilized. Valet parking spendy but beats hunting and your car is always ready for you. Staff very friendly and helpful. Never did get used to the lighting system in the room but no bid deal. Great TV and comfortable bed. Bath was classy. Well priced too. Would stay there again and highly recommend it. I might even learn how to manage the lighting!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
PalmerHouseSoBe, Manager at Dream South Beach, responded to this review, 10 October 2010
Very nice! Thank you so much for staying with us! Haha, and next time we'll be more than happy to help you become a master at our cool lighting! We hope to see you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Let me be the first to say THANK YOU again to the entire staff at the Palmer House Hotel, especially Juliana, Thomas, and Lloyd. My fiance and I stayed on 30 Sept 2010 for 1 night before our cruise and our stay was unforgettable thanks to the other reviews that assisted in my decision to book the hotel. I am very skeptical about hotels and had in fact cancelled my reservation because I did not want to endure a night of being uncomfortable at an "unkown" hotel. I am SO GLAD that I rebooked my reservation after reading SEVERAL site reviews about the hotel. Best decision I could have ever made; the staff and hotel far exceeded our expectations. From the initial welcome, to the orientation of the room, to dinner recommendations, and just friendly conversation, the staff definitely added to the overall experience and certainly achieved providing excellent customer service throughout the stay.

If you are used to staying at big chain hotels, don't do it if you're going to South Beach. I definitely recommend staying at the Palmer House. I would say to ensure you know what things you want to do because any negative reviews come from a lack of what the hotel has. There are no catches with this hotel, what they have advertised is what you get so if your plans involve anything that is not within the realm of the hotel, just don't stay there, but if you're looking to be in a great location, with super clean rooms, nice trendy atmosphere, and excellent service, this hotel is PERFECT.

The rooms are as others have mentioned.. very sexy! It is a boutique hotel so ideal for no more than 2 people. The glass doors on the shower and in the bathroom add to the sexiness so don't stay with anyone you don't feel comfortable with. There are doors which separate that area from the bedroom so just close them if you are that shy! The bed was SUPER comfortable and we slept like babies...didn't hear any outside noises. Although the view from the room was not spectacular, it was not a deal breaker because we didn't need to look out of the window when the beach was just steps away. Ultimately, super clean hotel which is my #1 concern when staying at hotels. Everthing was spotless, staff was friendly, and overall will definitely stay at this hotel any time I plan to visit Miami.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank YOU for staying with us! We really had a lovely time taking care of you and your fiance, and we are all smiles knowing you had a wonderful time, and that we could be a little part of it. We definitely love your awesome review, and we can't wait to see you again soon!
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I need to agree with most part of the tripadvisers.... The hotel is really beautiful. I stayed in this hotel from 29th Sep to october 2nd.
The receptionists for check in and the people working in the staff are really lovely ones. I need to congrat Juliana which is a really nice person.
I loved the location, the cleanliness and the service offered, but I have few points that would be nice to let everyone to know.

- Valet Parkking - To park in Miami Beach is not a really not a good idea. So if you can, do go by car. The option offered by the hotel is USD 30 per night. Really expensive. I stayed in 12th street (just in the corner) for USD 20 (which is still expensive, but 10 less). I would later discover that the parking is the same that the hotel works. So hotel overcharge 10USD just to give the car in front of the hotel (even if the park is a 10 meters distance).

- Noisy Nights - The room is really great, very comfort bed, very decorated and designed as well. Problem? Yes. You can hear your neighbor in anytime of night. I think that the ground or the walls are to thin that you can hear everything. From a simple talking to a game being seen at TV. I woke up many times in the night listening to children crying and people in an out of their rooms.

- Bathroom - Is really beautiful but not Functional. I mean, there is no privacy. You can see what other is doing. If anyone have troulble with this, this is not the place.

- There is no breakfast in the hotel. For a qualified 4 star it should have.

- There are not to many space for luggage (if are travelling with many) or for clothes.

- Thinking Green - The hotel offers in the room a book with some explanation of the hotel itself including tips and so on. There is a mention that the hotel thinks green, so thats why they use controls for temperature, cleaning and for lightining. Even tough, if you ask for a glass cup what you get? a plastic cup. It is just a detail, but I would mention it. It is not green. Glass could be re-used. Plastic, even it is recycled, it is not the best option.

- Lights - Even the room is different and has a different style (and it is really beautiful)I could say that it is a litle dark inside. So it could be clearer.

- internet - there is no internet at the rooms. Even if you step outside you get for free in the street... and also in the lobby. By the way, lobby is not confortable. It has a style, but there is a place not to be seated for a long time. It does not invite you to stay there. It seems, somehow, that the guests are not to be there for long time.

3 Thank Alexandre Luis P
Thanks for giving giving such good feedback - it helps us make sure we can be responsive to the total guest experience. We are really happy that Juliana was able take good care of you! We hope to see you again!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 3 October 2010

This is my 1st review ever, and I felt it was important to share my positive experience. As a frequent SoBe visitor, this hotel met all my expectations and more. After numerous visits and stays and awful hotels, this one is so worth the stay. All hotel staff was pleasant throughout our entire stay. This is a first for us. The rooms were "different" but excellent. Most SoBe hotel rooms look like motels but not ours. The seated beach chairs (may be wet from the previous user), beach towel, comfy bed and fresh linen, nice sized TV, good quality bath towels, no "resort fee" added to your bill, available umbrellas should it rain, and great staff makes us want to return and stay here again. A few down-sides" the construction next door started at 7am on Mon morning. Wish we would have thought about it when we were given our room. Something to think about when you get your room assigned. No chairs in front of the hotel to lounge on, (it might be due to the construction next door and the dust it must create), and the lighting in the room could become tricky with 10 buttons as options. Let the staff walk you through it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
What a great review and really nice feedback! We are really proud to be your first Trip Advisor Review, and we certainly look forward to providing you with a most excellent stay next time!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Spent 3 days at this Hotel 3 days post cruise. We arrived 5 hours early and still were checked in! Staff was friendly, attentive and told us were to eat drink and party!. Rooms were chic and sexy! They looked exactly as portrayed on-line. Location, one word , great! The Palmer is close enough to all of the action and the beaches. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't wait for the completed renovations. I will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Thank Renee T.
Thank you so much for staying with us! We had a great time recommending you to all the best places to enjoy yourselves. We'll be looking forward to seeing you again next year!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I have travelled in over 40 countries and this place has been by far the most hospitable staff I have come across. Peggy and her crew go above and beyond to help you out with anything and everything from finding a great place to eat, to booking rental cars, to helping you find accomodation in nearby areas (and even printed up heaps of info for us as well including menus for restaurants, Miami Spice deals, and hotels in The Keys). Enough about the staff. The hotel has very very recently been renovated and there is so much attention to detail that is has no competition in hitting my No 1 spot for the best room that I have ever enjoyed staying in. The rooms are extremely funky and bordering on a mix of ultra modern Middle Eastern space age pads. Weird description I know but wait until you see it. Lloyd will happily show you how to work out all of the mod cons including chandelier and blue mood lighting and ultra cool bathroom. The bed was sublime too. Palmer House is in a great location and very easy to find. Do yourself a favour and stay at this joint. You won't regret it.

PS If you like a good meaty dining experience try out Fogo De Chao down on 1st Street - fantastic quality & excellent staff, just like Palmer House.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your rave review! It sounds like you had a blast while you were here, and on behalf of Peggy and her crew, we are all so happy we could be a part of it! We can't wait to be your # 1 hotel again next time you come and visit!
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2010

There are only positive comments about this hotel on Trip advisor for a reason .... it is incredible !!! ... location perfect! .. one block to beach, one block to starbucks, one block to cafes and bars, and great being off the main strip .. staff are an absolute delight , thanks to Lloyd and all reception staff ... rooms are amazing , the design, the lighting, such a tranquil place to come back to ... bed , big and comfortable, .. wished we could stay longer .... rest assured you will not be disappointed .. stay here !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... the only place we will stay on our next trip to South beach ....

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much! We are thrilled that Lloyd and the front office staff was able to make your stay really wonderful. Can't wait to see you again next time!