“Most comfortable bed Miami” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Breakwater South Beach

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #97 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Bucharest, Romania
“Most comfortable bed Miami”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I would have to say that breakwater has the best bed and sheets I have ever used, I usually wake up sore and cold in other hotels but the bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up and the sheets they were so fluffy I didn't even feel I was in a hotel. The room was more like an apartment and the bathroom shower you could fit 5 people in there! The location was right across the rd from the beach which you get beach chairs as part of the hotel. To the people that complain its noisy get over it!! Your on ocean rd what do you expect. Foot traffic is a bit annoying because it's hard to manoiver around everyone to get to the hotel but of you walk on the beach side it's ok as not to busy. I didn't see the deck or the pool as I was to busy to even ask how to get there I did see the gym which has two treadmills and a home gym, which I don't care as hotels gyms are usually all crap and I just use local gyms in the area which are better. Overall great location, clean rooms, nice hotel (slow lift) friendly staff. I would stay here 100% when in Miami again and tell all my friends.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Cartabosh
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear Cartabosh,

Thank you for your comments on our Hotel Beds! They are very comfortable and yes it's almost as if you are sleeping on air. Our showers are equipped with organic pharmacopia products which are also environmentally friendly. We can not wait till you come back to our Hotel and make this your permament home away from home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
frisco, co
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

I recently stayed a the Breakwater in SOBE. Very happy to see this hotel given a total renovation in a balanced mix of Deco and contemporary design. Although not totally renovated, it is a great location and has a very attentive staff. There is great Rooftop deck to bring a bottle of wine to an enjoy in the evening ..and to listen to the outdoor music from the courtyard next door.

The hotel is also renovating the Hotel Edison next door that will be connected by a glass lap pool...but it is a way off, but very glad to see that hotel given new life.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the music courtyard are nice and quiet.
2 Thank dryfus14
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 12 November 2011
Dear Dryfus 14,

Thank you for giving us such enaging feedback. The Breakwater Hotel prides itself in providing the best service and as you mentioned the most attentive staff. Our spectacular views from the rooftop are what sets up apart as it also provides a great atmosphere if you would like to wind down after a long day at the beach. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and as always we would like to thank you for making us your home away from home.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

This is the first time I am writing a review since I'm always so busy I don't make the time but this time it was very important to let people know of my experience.
My husband and I love traveling and we are very fussy about the accommodations. Bottom line I have high expectations of any hotel I stay with.
My June vacation was actually a special one. My two best friends (single parents with no vacation time in their lives) and I went to Miami beach to celebrate the remission of cancer of one of them and my other friend we celebrated her 40th bdy. My point: This was a very special short vacation. We booked early in advance and unfortunately the day before our vacation I was informed that The Breakwater was not yet opened and we had to be placed at another hotel. What a bomb. I'm not going into the details except that our vacation was ruined from that call on. We made the best of it just because. Once at Miami beach my friends and I noticed the Breakwater was actually open and that was upsetting. When we returned to NYC, home, my friends asked me to reach out to the hotel and make a complaint, so I did. Never heard from anyone. Got busy at work and did nothing. Finally, in October I wrote an email to The Breakwater and made calls regarding our disappointment. I finally got in touch with Janina Goode. I explained the situation and she was very apologetic. I told her my husband and I wanted to return and stay at The Breakwater and she reinvited us to return and gave us a discount. My husband and I returned and as soon as I got out of our car, I was asked for my name with a wonderful smile. I was escorted to the front desk and the two young ladies were very pleasant. They said Janina said, "sorry she missed you Mrs. ....., and sorry she was unable to meet with you." The girls were told to call her as soon as I arrived. That made me feel very special to know that although she was gone for the evening she left instructions with them to make sure we were comfortable and to take care of us. SERVICE: 5 START in my book.
The Breakwater has another building which we were placed. Was not happy with being apart from the main building. Had no idea. The room was beautiful. Since The Breakwater just opened up, there are still things they have to touch up on. Nothing major. The building we stayed at, forgot the name, but it's not setup with ice machines and etc.,although room services was always available. I like to be able to do things for myself. Pool was not open yet. Still working on that, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.
Upon leaving, my husband and I met with another gentleman, manager, who asked about our stay. We touched upon the situation and he said you know what, come back, next time we'll have you stay here, at the main building. Anyway, we left satisfied because the staff are absolutely amazing. That same week we stayed at the W hotel in Ft Lauderdale and we did not get the service that we received at the Breakwater. Thank you Janina and Staff at the Breakwater we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Not sure only know about the room I stayed in. Again, it was the other building right across the str...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
Dear Dolores L,

We kindly thank you for such an encouraging review! Here at Breakwater we work very dilligently to make your stay a memorable one. We are so happy that we were able to make a difference throughout your vacations and are so eagerly awaiting your return.
I will pass on the compliments to all of our staff who breathe and exemplify the Breakwater "UNFILTERED" lifestyle. Thank you again for choosing us and giving us a second chance to make you believe in our service!
Schondorf am Ammersee, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

The despription at the homepage in our opinion has nothing to do with what you find there. Eventough opend in May 2011, many of the facilities in november were not finished yet: no pool, no spa, no business-centre - and all this for a room-rate per night (oceanfront-room) of nearly 500 $ (incl. tax). Also a very noisy place to stay: not only outside it was very loud (party music) also inside the hotel: the airconditioning was as loud as a tractor and also the elevators could be heared all night long.
Unfortunately we found mostly arrogant and unqualified staff behind the front desk / reception - the staff at the concierge-desk was nice and helpfull; also the porters. The room was clean. We wouldn't recommend this hotel to our friends.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VBM_01
Dear VBM_01,

Firstly allow me to apologize for the opportunities presented during your stay. We take great pride in knowing that our guest service is of our utmost importance to make every one of our guests feel unique and truly wonderful while in our Hotel. Our Pool is still awaiting the final permits to complete our construction. Our spa services are indeed available and are provided by one of our top spa services in Miami Beach. We have relayed our Lifestyle Maintenance the opportunities presented with the elevator noise and are currently looking into the matter. Please do not hesitate to contact us or send us an email and should you seek making Miami Beach a future destination, we would love nothing more than for you to contact us so that we can better assist you in your future stay.
Frisco, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Hotel Breakwater- Very nice comfortable place. Rooftop decks are really great with fantastic views, cool breezes and privacy. Great location, situated about middle of Ocean Blvd. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, Lucy who checked us in was very delightful. Rooms are very contemporary with nice appointments. A great plus is the FREE wireless internet access. Even though some areas are just almost finished with renovations (pool, bar, etc) the rooms and halls are all fine. Once the spa, pool and bar are finished (by Dec.) this will have all the services…though you can find all this just outside the hotel, the beach/park just across the street and plenty of other bars all over. If you want a quieter room, request one on the South side of the hotel away from the Ocean’s 10 bar. Building exterior has beautifully restored to it’s art deco original look with many art deco décor in lobby and halls. Great mini-bar, and bathrooms are done in a nice contemporary design. Would definitely come back again. One warning about Miami/South Beach, 90% of all restaurants, bars etc. ADD 15-18% gratuity AUTOMATICALLY to your bill…so do not also add on a tip in addition to the automatic tip that is usually added onto the bill.

Room Tip: quiet rooms are ones facing the inner courtyard. With quiet corner rooms 306 or 307.
1 Thank skiFriscoCO
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
Dear Skifriscoco,

Thank you for the feedback provided about our Hotel! Indeed our Hotel is one of the jewels of Ocean Drive and we take pride in knowing that we do everything we can to make our guests enjoy a comfortable stay. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and can not wait until you come back to meet us at Breakwater Hotel!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed there for 5 days/4nights. The hotel is brand new and very well located (just in front of the Ocean, on Ocean Drive). The rooms are very well designed and decorated. Staff are very kind and they help you if you ask sthg.
Housekeepers are very friendly and as soon as you leave the room, they instantly do it. So each time you come back, you room is perfectly clean!!!!
The only bad thing is that I have been charge in twice for the resort fees. The 1st time it was for check-out, so it was normal. They printed my invoice out and I paid for it. But, 3 days after, when I checked my bank account balance, I saw that they charged me for another day. I called them and told me that they did it but they "forgot" to let me know. I think this is not fair and that a 4 stars hotel should not do that.
In any case, we spend a great time there and we highly recommend this hotel for staying few days in South Beach. Just be careful when you check out.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Ludiludi,

Firstly allow me to apologize for the confusion regarding your resort fees. As always we strive to make sure that your stay has been a fantastic one throughout. Our Housekeeping staff is always eager to help you to make sure that your demands are met and your room is always looking fresh and properly cleaned. We thank you for having stayed with us and can not wait for a future visit to our Hotel!
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed in the penthouse which was nothing to brag about. The jacuzzi didn't work. The weatherstripping around the door was not sealed so when it rained, the carpet got soaked. The pool and restaurant weren't open. The service was terrible. I'll never go back.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank GypsyLady79
MiamiSunManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Dear GypsyLady79,

We apologize for the opportunities presented during your stay. The restaurant is currently open and running and our pool will open in its totality within the last week of December. Our Lifestyle maintainance team conducts quality assurance inventories in all of our rooms on a weekly basis and have looked at the rooms to determine wether a leak was present; rest assured that no leak was found and the your comfort is of our highest importance. Please do contact us in the future should you need further assistance with your reservations.