“"BREAKWATER, THE PLACE TO STAY!"”

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #96 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Naples, Florida
“"BREAKWATER, THE PLACE TO STAY!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My stay at the Breakwater hotel was excellent from start to finish. The valet was quick. The staff was amazing! I want to especially thank Ana, Natalie, Mario, and Murat. They were all so sweet and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. We stayed in the Junior Suite. It was very spacious and clean. I am very big on cleanliness and I was impressed. The complimentary breakfast was delicious, great variety of food and drinks to choose from. Anything you need is in walking distance of the hotel. There is all types of places to eat and shop all around the area and the beach is right across the street. I had an awesome stay at Breakwater I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us here at our fun and entertaining hotel in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive! It was awesome having your here with us. Ana, Natalie, Mario, Murat and our team look forward to having you here visiting with us again soon!

Chauncey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is our 2nd summer in a row staying there, and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else! The entire staff is helpful, and pleasant. When we informed them that we were going to spend the morning on the beach, they provided us with towels, water bottles and apples! We highly recommend the Esplendor Hotel Breakwater!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We loved having you here visiting with us again! Thank you for your kind comments and observations about our fun, bustling hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We look forward to you returning soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel was amazing! The staff was friendly and very helpful. The complimentary breakfast was great and while you eat you can sit outside and enjoy Miami strolling by. Everything is within walking distance. It's just a great location and the night life was everything I'd hoped it would be. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2014
We cannot wait for you to visit with us again! Thank you for your kind comments and observations about our bustling, fun hotel here in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive. It was wonderful having you here with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great Staff day and evening, Great music and food.... Breakfast was AWESOME!..!..! Hotel service and HouseKeeping was amazing speedy and always smiling....Telling friends and family about how B.Water hotel is my hotel every visit to Miami....

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Having you here with us was great and awesome! Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation for our fun, non-stop and entertaining hotel here in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We cannot wait until you are her visiting with us again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great location in South Beach. My room was away from the courtyard, which was noisy due to the world cup. Natale and Mario took very good care of my family. Nice rooms, etc. I did not give 5 stars due to plumbing issues in the room (low pressure for toilet and shower slow to drain). The personal service was outstanding, as Natale was able to virtually predict what I needed before I asked. She booked our tours, ensured we had adjoining rooms, water and towels for the beach. Mario was also outstanding!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and observations about Natalie, Mario, our team and our active, bustling and fun hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. I was wonderful having you here with us! We look forward to having you here visiting with us again soon!

Renton, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Where do I began. I have to say the outside leaves much to be desired. Got there around noon. I was told that we would be put on a waiting list to check in early. Good thing they had a strong wifi in the lobby. I have to say that they forgot about us. When i went back to the counter several hours later they were like oh you are already checked in. Mind you that my friend and i was sitting in their line of site for 3+ hours and no one said anything.

Then once we finally got our keys we were given instructions how to get to the room. Which started with going down about 5 stairs with our bags (I like to mention we had to drag them up 6 stairs to get into the hotel) i am not sure if they are undergoing renovations or what. There are two lobbies. One is full of junk and that is the one you walk through to get to some of the rooms. We had to drag our bags through a court yard where a large group of party goers were watching the world cup. We had to walk right in front of the stage/screen. That was a bit embarrassing. Then we walked through a restaurant area through a front kitchen area. Needless to say very weird. Then we went into the ghost lobby and approached a door that we had to use our door key to open. Problem is the key didn't work. I had to walk all the way back to get help only to be told "oh you have to try it 3-4 times for it to work. Go back and try it again. If it doesn't work someone will help you." I was thinking these people are nuts.

I went back luckily there was another group of people having the same problem and one of the staff who was going that way let us all in. We then had to drag our bags down 3 more stairs to finally get to an elevator that could only fit a few people especially with bags. The elevator is way old with graffiti on the walls. When we finally made it to our floor the carpet is in need of replacing. Once we got into the room it was nice and very modern. The shower could use some scrubbing of the floor as the floor grates are in need. Other than that point the room is cute. The bathroom has a nice set up with a sliding frosted glass separating it from the main room. The room has 2 couches and a desk area. The bed was large probably a King. This room could work for several people bunking together.

The other draw back is the soundproofing could use some work as you could hear the parting going on below but with the TV on it was not disturbing. I would say this hotel is great for party goers as it is in a area with a great deal of it going on. Also short stays with minimal bags as you have to traverse an obstacle course to get to your room. The beach is close walking distance.

All in all i would not stay here again. There are just too many options that you can get more quality from in the same area.

Room Tip: Keep your windows closed as it does keep much of the sound out.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your valuable comments and observations about our bustling, active hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. I was disappointed you had some inconveniences while visiting with us. Because of our location in the center of all the South Beach activities and entertainment, it is often filled with guests and patrons and sometimes noisy. We will be modifying our windows this year to help minimize the noise for our guests. Please contact me directly for your next visit to South Beach so I can organize a fun visit for you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had an amazing time staying at the Breakwater with my girls.. This is one of the best Ocean Drive hotels. Most of the rooms on Ocean are super small, the rooms are a nice size. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a smiling face, Pablo. He was amazing. He made sure we were well taking care of from check-in to beach accessories. He was freaking awesome.The free breakfast was pretty tasty as well. I will definitely be staying here when I travel to Miami.. Opt for the Junior Suite Its a great size.. Queen bed with Sleeper sofa

Room Tip: Its Miami! There's a party every night.. Ask for a room away from party b/t the two towers
1 Thank Shayla A
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
So fun to have you here visiting with us! Thank you for your kind comments and observations about Pablo and the team here at our bustling hotel here in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive. It will be great to have you here again with us soon!