“Centrally Located on South Beach”

Hotel Breakwater South Beach
Ranked #114 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Breakwater hotel. I've been to Miami 7x since 2004 and this hotel was the best of them all, thus far. It is centrally located right on Ocean Dr between 9th and 10th st. Giving you easy access to the Hot Spots like Cleavlanders, Wet Willys, Fat Tuesdays etc. The Beach is right across the street, literally.

Inside the hotel, our room was nice, nice pillow top bed, complimentary water, coffee and tea. 50" flat screen. Huge full length mirror, 2 side end tables and a nice large desk. the bathroom is nice as well. Love the shower, but I was traveling with my husband, had I been traveling with my girlfriends, theres no privacy in the shower because its a clear glass stall with no curtain.

The hotel complimentary breakfast is decent. We stayed for 4 days so after the 2nd day we were looking for something different because the menu is just about the same daily (eggs, hash, sausage, french toast, bagel, croissant, cereal, coffee, juice).

Theres a nice roof top terrace that my husband and I relaxed on for about 2 hours straight. There's a long slender pool and many other amenities for one to take advantage of such as 3 apple computers in the lobby, free bike rental, gym.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: If you don't plan on doing anything more in your room then sleep and get dressed, save a few dol...
1  Thank Jenell S
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

It was wonderful to have you and your husband visiting with us! Thank you for your comments and observations about our fun, active hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Breakwater South Beach

Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was an overall great experience! The hotel was very nice. However, know that they will hold a $100 deposit for every night you stay that will be given back after you check-out if nothing was damaged in the room and there is a $24 fee for everyday you stay. I was surprised with all the hidden fees when I got there. Also, the only bad thing about my stay there was that we had to wait about 3 hours for our fresh towels to come to the room.. and we had just come from the beach. Imagine that wait! I called them 3 times and even offered to come get them myself but they said that there is only one housekeeper there. Other than that little mishap, we had a great stay and it is in the middle of everything on South Beach!

Room Tip: Ask them if they are assigning you a noisy room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and observations! Your feedback is very valuable to us and we endeavor to always provide a fun, active experience for our guests here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We look forward to your next visit with us soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

First of all wanna give a shout out to my girl Natalie for looking out for me. She's the best!! I will totally recommend this hotel to everyone. The location is everything plus more!! At night they have a club right by the pool which is super cool!! And the view from my room (ph12) was awesome!!!! Best to believe I will be back!! Love, Cicily Sparks

Room Tip: Ask for the ph rooms they are the best!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so happy you loved the hotel, because we loved having you here with us! Thank you for your kind comments about our non-stop hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. Natalie and the team look forward to having you here visiting with us again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Natalie was extremely helpful before, during and after our stay. Anytime I had a question or was unsure, she was there ready and willing to help. Such a pleasant and beautiful person. When I do come back to Miami to visit, I will be sure to stay here and I hope that Natalie will be here to assist.
Pablo was very helpful as well. He made sure we were comfortable and whenever we seen him he greeted us with a smile. We felt protected and secure with his assistance. Great guy! Thankful for these two. Made our vacation feel like home and we will never forget. XO

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor in the corner and the view was beautiful. Amazing palm trees covered o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

So nice to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! Natalie, Pablo and the team here at our hotel in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive loved having you here and look forward to you visiting with us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room looked just as pictured online. I liked the decor and it was very clean. The hotel is centrally located to all of the action on South Beach. It is just two doors down from Mangos which is my favorite bar to visit on South Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

It was wonderful having you here visiting with us, Le'Barron! Thank you for your kind observations about our fun, non-stop hotel here in the heart of South Beach's Ocean Drive. It is good to hear we were so convenient for you situated between Mangos and all that is Ocean Drive! We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Breakwater for a week and I found the staff and hotel itself AMAZING!!!! What ever I needed they were right there assisting me . I will def be returning . The location is perfect ! We were made to feel at home during our stay and it was greatly appreciated .

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tishea22
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

It was so wonderful to have you here visiting for a week! I am happy you had an amazing time here at our busy, fun hotel in the center of South Beach;s Ocean Drive. We look forward to having you here with us again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I can't say enough positive things about our stay here! We looked at so many reviews online before booking I honestly felt overwhelmed. I don't know how many times my friend and I said "we booked the best hotel!" during our stay. The customer service of the hotel staff was above and beyond my expectations. Our room was clean, cool, and nicely furnished. A special shout-out to Natalie who truly made our stay exceptional. We had a rough journey getting to Miami (I absentmindedly left my wallet at the airport!) and when we arrived at the hotel she made everything so easy and stressfree that our trip experience turned right around. Thank you so much for such a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

It is so great to hear that Natalie and the team help turn around your vacation after leaving your cell phone! It was wonderful having you here visiting with us at our fun, entertaining hotel here in the center of South Beach's Ocean Drive. We all look forward to having you here with us again soon!