“Customer Service”

Ranked #108 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Midland, Texas
“Customer Service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Being in customer service and it being such a big deal to me that good customer service is provided on behalf of those I do business with, being on personal or buisness affairs, I'd like to take a moment to tell you about my experience at your hotel.
First and foremost, Pablo and Ana are the main reason for me taking the timeout of my day to write this review, they are amazing! I was there with my children and girlfriend and the way they treated us was great!
One paticular incident that sttod out to me was the morning we were going to the beach for the day. We were told to ask for beach towels whenever we wanted to go, which we did, but the front desk rep at the time informed us that they were out at the moment. No biggie, but what was a big deal to me was what he told my son next: "Just go up to your room and get some." We then informed him that we had none, to which he replied: "Ok, well you can also go check by the pool and see if you find some there." Personally, I strongly belive that it's not the customer's job to "go search for something", it's the employees.
However, right as I was about to talk to the employee about what he said, Pablo came around the corner and asked if everything was ok, and if he could assist us in anything. I informed him about the current towel situation to which he quickly replied: "Yes sir, they are washing more right now, but don't you worry, let me find you guys some. I'll be right back."

Now, THAT, is the way you treat a guest! He didn't send his guest searching, HE WENT AND TOOK CARE OF IT! Personally, as a business manager, if I were in Miami, I'd honestly try and steal these two employees from you, because I'd want MY customers to receive the same level of customer service as we did, just being honest.

Thank you both once again for your great customer service!

AB Ruiz
PH15

Room Tip: The penhouse suites are my suggestion and the view is amazing!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your comments. They are very valuable for us as we always seek to provide an ever more comfortable visit for our guests. We loved having you here with us! Ana, Pablo and the Team look forward to having you visiting with us again soon! Please contact me directly for your next visit so I can organize a wonderful time for you.

Best regards

Chauncey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New York City
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that you have plenty of hotels to choose from on Ocean Drive and in South Beach in general, but it's the experience the hotel provides that makes all the difference. With that being said, my experience at the Breakwater was so good that I don't think I would risk spending my money and time anywhere else. This hotel was perfect for us because, as four single girls, we wanted to be right in the midst of the party. This hotel is right in the middle of all the music and people, right across the street from the beach, and one or two blocks away from Fat Tuesday and Wet Willies so it was perfect. We stayed in room 212 and it was beautiful, definitely what you dream of when you're picturing an ideal vacation. There were two illuminated mirrors in the bathroom and a big full length one, perfect for four girls. The shower was so cool too. And there was complimentary coffee in the room, which is a necessity for me. There is breakfast every morning and probably the most important detail for me was the free water bottles. They may not seem important now, but when you're drinking in the sun all day, you will need it. (It's the little things) The hotel itself was awesome, but what really made the difference for me was the staff. What I noticed immediately about the staff is that everyone just wants you to have a good time. Vacation is a precious, precious thing and I think the staff knows that. As soon as we walked in, Stanley was really helpful with our luggage and made us feel welcome. He always asked how our night was and was always smiling. Natalie, Anna, and Marisol always helped us find stuff to do or sights to see, and always at the best price. They were so hospitable and they were so genuinely interested in our experience. Pablo always had time to chat with us and joke around and he always made us feel so welcome at the hotel. Mario too, he was never not smiling. He was always so pleasant and it was contagious. Elvin was really nice too. He always made us laugh and always came really quickly if we needed his help. Overall, I was just really impressed with the staff and how genuine they all were. They really made me feel like I was on vacation. I will definitely stay at the Breakwater again when I visit Miami.

Stayed July 2014
We are s glad you enjoyed your visit with us! It was wonderful having you here. Natalie, Stanley, Pablo, Ana, Marisol, Elvin and the Team look forward to having you visit with us again soon!

Homestead, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been wanting to check out the Breakwater since it was remodeled and I finally did. Thanks to Natalie, who not only helped me with my booking but also was very nice and pleasant. My original reservation was cancelled on accident through a 3rd party and she made sure I was able to get the same rate and date. I loved the hotel, it has a great location and the room was very clean. I will definitely be going back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
We are happy we were able to fix the booking issue you had with the outside company We loved having you here visiting with us! Natalie and the Team look forward to having you visit with us again soon!

Best regard,

Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The room is ok and breakfast as well. Otherwise not too impressed by the people working at the reception. The location is pretty good but it is quite noisy because of a bar with very laud music. Overall I do not think I will come back to this place.

Stayed August 2014
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
The Team and I loved having you here visiting with us. We hope you will reconsider and visit with us again soon. Please contact me directly to organize a wonderful time for you.

Bonn, Germany
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice hotel with very helpful and friendly staff (Mario and Natalie)! In spite of outdoor clubbing at night, we did not hear a lot of the party "noises". If we will visit Miami Beach again, we will definitely consider booking the Breakwater Hotel again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
It is great to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. We loved having you here! Mario, Natalie and the Team look forward to having you here visiting with us again soon!

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

In the heart of Deco District right on South Beach. Venue is nice, room are good price quality ratio and they also have choice of quieter rooms so u don't have to listen to the parties till 5am. Wish they offered king size beds rather than queen.
Staff service is ok and if they improved the overall level that would be better. Reception very friendly and a bit confused on room costs charges etc.
Not my recommended location for Miami after being coming for several years.
Ciao

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Alessio L
Chauncey C, General Manager at Hotel Breakwater South Beach, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your comments about your experience visiting with us. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy all aspects of your visit, but we loved having you here with us! We look forward to having an opportunity to have you visit with us again soon so we can provide you with a wonderful time.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped by the breakwater hotel after out can took us to south beach , we wanted to just come to the beach but we had all of our luggage and bags with us, the hotels bell boys and manager assisted us in out requests even though we weren't guest and had no intention of staying . They then stored our luggage for a small
Fee of $5 , and helped us in touring south beach. It was a lot to ask for even though we weren't guests , but they helped anyway. They even arranged a car service to transport is to Ft lauderdale to catch our flight. I know for a fact the next time we're in Miami we're staying here

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments! It is our pleasure to take care of everyone we can. We look forward to having you visit with in the near future!