“Great Escape”

Ranked #46 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Escape”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here in a King suite for 4 nights. The room had ample space and storage. The upgrades to the room were modern and made for a comfortable stay. The majority of the staff were welcoming and accomodating to any requests. They provided beach towels and small chairs to use at the beach as well. We also enjoyed breakfast at the hotel each morning we stayed. It was not anything extravagant, however it was good food accompanied by friendly servers and beautiful surroundings. We ate dinner here a few times as well (steak, chicken, lobster tails, pasta). The food was consistently good to my surprise. The rooftop pool offers beautiful views of the beach and was nice area to hang out that wasn't too crowded. This hotel was a great find for the area and price point. It is across the street from the beach and in the middle of all the action. It is not on the busiest block on the street, so I was happy to arrive back at this hotel at night after all the hoopla a few blocks down. Overall I would definately stay here again, and I hope that they keep up the good work so that I can have the pleasant experience when I return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lilbit617

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a party goer ths hotel is in the middle of everything!! thoguht it rained we were able to enjoy our mini vacation in the heart of shouth beach!! i would like to mention the great staff this little hotel has! I've been to some nasty hotels in Miami and the Leslie will not disappoint you! the rooms are amazing, the pool was breathtaking!! (on the roof!!) great view from my room and the pool staff was incredible. Thanks to everyone who made my stay the best vacation ive had so far! David on the front desk (thanks for calling a cab for us and for being very patient and the ladies that checked us in) and i believe Mike was very friendly and helpfull too! these people go above and beyond and do a great job! i work in the hospitality business and this hotel is an example of a true jewel in the zoo that Miami Beach has become.
we are definetly coming back and sharing with friends and family!

Room Tip: Any room facing Ocean dr
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank LORY D
Blue ridge, ga
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I never leave reviews but since I have never had such a wonderful experience I figured I would help other ditch the gross hotels on the beach. I stayed at the Leslie with my husband just 4 days, and we have been coming to Miami for 6 years now. The Leslie is newly remodeled, centered in the heart of Ocean drive, beautiful pool, gym , and amazing personalized service from the staff. Usually I am rushed out of the front desk by the guest service employee but at he Leslie I was treated with respect and accommodated like a celebrity. I want to thank Mr Mario for recommending the best places to visit and great food in town. I recommend everyone to see him for the real Miami beach experience.
The rooms were nicely clean and I leave without any complaints.
Will be coming back next year!!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank MillerFamily29
Budapest
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Really nice brand new designer hotel. Right on Ocean Drive, only steps away from the beach. Staff is superior, rooms are beutifully made, rooftop pool is one of a kind. Restaurants, barsm nightlife is right at the footsteps.

The only thing they need to learn is how to make an espresso. Not a US espresso but something that would staisfy European espresso drinkers as well. Our espresso was more like an Americano in a small cup.
What was really nice that we did not say a word about then coffee, did not complain and still ended up not paying as the waitress felt it wasn't appropriate to charge us as they made us wait before taking our order.
This was a very nice touch wo we ended up paying for our coffee via tip

Highly recommended hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Miklos K
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed in Miami for the 3rd and 4th July on our trip back from the keys. we normally stay at the Lowes however decided we fancied a more boutique smaller experience on ocean drive so we could watch the 4th July fire works and be amongst it. found this hotel on booking.com and it did not disappoint. Beautifully decorated, lovely rooms amazing attention to detail and great staff. the food was good and we had a breakfast a lunch and a dinner here. Great to sit and people watch, you are amongst it without having to battle the throngs of people and noise along ocean drive. We actually preferred this from the big corporate hotels, pool on the roof, lovely decor , good service, great food, what it there not to like. We would defiantly stay here again and recommend. thank you Leslie hotel for a great end to our holiday.

Room Tip: All rooms were good we had one on the side which was nice and quiet 110 as ocean drive can be a bit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cindy P
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Leslie Hotel is AMAZING!!!! I had read nothing but good reviews prior to booking our stay and I have to say everything greatly exceeded our expectations! To start with, the property couldn't be located in any better location ! You are situated right on Ocean Drive directly across from the beach! Anything you want, anyplace you want to go is within walking distance and the trip along the way to your destination is phenomenal! The room we stayed in was just beautiful. Decor is outstanding with clean lines and a contemporary fabulousness and was as clean as a whistle! Everything smells fresh and new and it was so nice to have 2 queens as opposed to the typical full size beds you see in most properties, it gives the extra comfort especially when you are staying with children. Roof top pool was a bonus and provided a view of the ocean that is unmatched! Additionally, having chairs and towels for the beach was a wonderful perk! As for the staff, I don't know where to begin! My first encounter was with Lily who has to be one of the most accommodating, helpful, professional and take charge individuals I have ever come across. We had a small snafu checking in the night before when she was not on staff however, the next morning she addressed the issue and made it her mission to get resolve sooner than later! She treated my family with the utmost respect and kindness and made our transition into a different part of the property seamless! Kadia is class with a capital C! This woman epitomizes grace and class and is most definitely the face you want to represent your establishment as clients walk in to stay at your property. My family just fell in love with her and she couldn't do enough to help us out during our stay! Pablo is one of the most lovely men I have ever encountered! Went out of his way to give us direction on certain places we shouldn't miss while visiting as well as giving us little tips on stores to visit, things to do and directions for locations we were interested in. He was even so kind to bring mangos from his home in one nite to give to my husband........unbelievable! Alisa is the only server you will ever want to sit with ever again no matter where you go! This young lady is one of a kind and the most pleasant, happy, exuberant face/personality you would ever want to encounter during your morning routine! She is a breath of fresh air that is infrequently found and the Leslie is lucky enough to have her in their employ! I can't say enough about these amazing people and this outstanding property! I feel the Leslie struck gold with the individuals they have chosen to surround themselves with as they are truly what is keeping guests coming back! When choosing to visit South Beach in the future (and I can't wait to plan my next trip) I wouldn't even consider another property!

Room Tip: Third floor is a great choice if you can get it! Close to pool and top floor so minimal noise!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lynnie3113
North Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was pointed to this hotel by a friend and did not disappoint at all.
Rooms are super clean and beautifully decorated. Modern style. Pool is nice and very quiet, for relax 100%
The front desk personnel was not only friendly, but also very helpful. Excellent location, across the street from the beach!
I highly recommend this hotel and will definetly come back!!!

Room Tip: Suites are great, and the view is awesome.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple