“What a great visit”
Review of Leslie Hotel

Leslie Hotel
Ranked #44 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My experience at the Leslie Hotel is one I soon will not forget. The Location of this Hotel is more than perfect; it’s on the well-known ocean drive but on the quiet part. The bottom floor of this hotel holds 2 apple computers with fast internet and a small gym to use for those interested in getting their workout done. However I would not recommend the gym in this hotel not because it is a bad gym, its way better than most gyms I’ve seen. I think it is better to go run at the beach which is walking seconds from the hotel. The pool for this Hotel is on the top floor (terrace) the view will leave anyone speechless just sightseeing the beautiful city of Miami Beach. The Jacuzzi. Is almost perfect for those looking to take a few minutes or hours to just relax and enjoy the hotel, the service in the pool are one of the weak points in the hotel, the staffs at the pool just don’t seem active enough. The front desk, Kadia convince me and my lovely family to book a tour and it was perfect, she is perfect I really enjoyed talking with her and her assistant. David was very helpful throughout the night, he happily and willingly changed us rooms because we needed an extra bed but he also helped us quite a few times throughout the night. I honestly don’t have much anything bad to say about the rooms they seem quite perfect except for the thin walls. I stayed on the first and second floor during my stay and I heard no absolute noise from the street however I did hear completely everything from the room next to me, the walls are so thin apparently. I called David and he apparently went to talk to my lovely neighbors to lower the volume of their voice. Also we asked for an ocean view room however their only ocean view rooms are the suites apparently. The hotel is a small hotel, very modern but small so other view from the terrace or suite might not be worth mentioning. Pros: great service, great hotel, cons: restaurant service suck, breakfast is at 8am, not 7:30, not 7:45am, breakfast is at 8am. Another con is the parking; apparently the parking is managed by a totally different company. I left my car at the front desk at 8pm and it was still in front of the hotel at 11pm, I asked for the car at 8am and it got to me at 8:45am. Overall the Leslie Hotel was an extremely rare yet magnificent find. The prices seem to be low because it’s a new hotel but am pretty sure next year the prices will double. Thanks’ everyone for the great service and for making my anniversary not just a great memory but an unforgettable experience.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Indietraveler14
There are newer reviews for Leslie Hotel

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the Leslie Hotel, The attention I got from the Hotel staff and restaurant was very pleasant. From the time to check in to check out I received Vip treatment. I can’t mention any negatives about this Hotel, just pure positives. I would like to give special thanks’ to Lilly, David, and Pablo who all made my stay extremely wonderful with their wonderful and unforgettable hospitality and experience. Alysa from the restaurant staff also was magnificent.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Loved it!! I got checked in by David who is cute, professional and extremely friendly and helpful he told us everything about the night life, were to go and were not to go, i got to admit i felt safe to be in the loby at 3am with my laptop knowing he was there behind the desk. I wish i had more time with lilly the few times i made contact with her she was always happy and speak to me in spanglish. Lilly and david both made my stay extremely enjoyable the leslie is my number 1 hotel choice now. Someone else made my stay there great but unfurtunetly i dont recall the name, he is the bellman, big guy always smiling and happy. About the rooms, i stayed in the first floor and there was no noise whatsoever, i think it was because of the thick window glass or the door in the hallway. The rooms are bigger than in other art deco hotels or atleast bigger than the art deco hotels i have stayed at. The room looked brand new. The pool view is awsome, i would recommend anyone to look at the sun rise from the room and relax in the jacuzzi. Also great pool service. Most of my stay i spent taking selfies in the pool. Thank you leslie staff! Be warned i will be back

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maria g
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Staying at a boutique Art Deco hotel in South Beach can be tricky. Many of them are worn, dated and are operated by amateurs in hospitality. Then there's the Leslie, a 30+ room 1937 gem that was gutted down to its four walls and completely rebuilt from the inside out, opening again in April 2014. The hotel's presentation is absolutely flawless with its yellow canary, white and grey theme with splashes of color throughout, while still staying true to its Art Deco heritage. (On a side note, the former hotel and now condos next door, The Carlisle, is the hotel featured in the film "The Birdcage" with Robin Williams and Nathan Lane, as well as the hotel featured as the facade of the hotel in "The Golden Girls" spin-off, "The Golden Palace.")

When I checked in I was greeted warmly and shown to my room on the 3rd floor. (I had read in previous reviews that the third floor was the best option for those seeking a quieter environment due to the often noise from Ocean Drive below out front. Let me also add to that the the 2nd or 3rd floor towards the back of the hotel is the perfect environment for those seeking a quieter stay.) The rooms are fantastically contemporary, with polished wood floors, white tufted leather headboards with comfortable beds made with comfortable duvets and colorful abstract pillows, a desk and usually two walls of curtains, giving the room a very tranquil setting. The bathrooms were tiled in a slate grey, sharing a walk in shower and a frosted locking glass door - absolutely great design. The sink area featured great counters space with an above-bowl basin and gilded mirror, which was also fantastic, but the lighting selected (LED energy saving) was lacking for make-up and morning shave. There is a safe and a nice closet area to put your things away, in addition to a desk with a SMART flatscreen television above. The air system is very generous and quiet. Very nice shampoos, conditioners, shower gel and soap is included. The maid service was fantastic, usually finished by 1:00pm and making the rooms look completely fresh with their visits.

The hotel features a generous American or Continental breakfast, featuring orange juice, coffee, bacon or sausage, eggs and toast with jelly/butter, ALL INCLUDED (gratuity not included, of course.) The dining space is out front on the covered/tented porch and is very accommodating with the beach right across the street offering a great view. Service was great.

Selling point for the hotel? It does have a great gym for those loving exercise, a business center featuring two Apple computers for those who need it and a nice gathering area downstairs between both, but…the pool is the crown jewel of this property. Located on the roof top, it features a yellow awning cabana with four separate sitting areas (they do not charge to reserve a cabana as many hotels do) with leather seating, seating for poolside dining and plenty of padded leather lounge chairs to help one sunbathe properly. Poolside bathrooms and elevators are accommodating. Of course you can order your meals to be poolside, as well as your drinks. The pool features a waterfall, as does the heated jacuzzi hot tub…just the perfect oasis.

The staff here was very cultured, very accommodating and very kind, especially Pablo, who was truly a gentleman and made our stay especially welcome with his hospitality.

If you want to stay in a South Beach Art Deco style hotel, The Leslie is one where you cannot go wrong. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Stay at the back of the hotel on the second or third floor if you're concerned about noise as th...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TravelAdvisorySC
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We enjoyed our wonderful stay in the Leslie Restaurant very much. We even had an excellent meal for three times! We came back to Leslie after a fortnight's holiday. Especially our waitress Alisa from Poland was highly attentive and cordial! Indeed, she recognised us straight away after two weeks. Besides, we can strongly recommend the lobster with pasta.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Fondoftraveling
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here in a King suite for 4 nights. The room had ample space and storage. The upgrades to the room were modern and made for a comfortable stay. The majority of the staff were welcoming and accomodating to any requests. They provided beach towels and small chairs to use at the beach as well. We also enjoyed breakfast at the hotel each morning we stayed. It was not anything extravagant, however it was good food accompanied by friendly servers and beautiful surroundings. We ate dinner here a few times as well (steak, chicken, lobster tails, pasta). The food was consistently good to my surprise. The rooftop pool offers beautiful views of the beach and was nice area to hang out that wasn't too crowded. This hotel was a great find for the area and price point. It is across the street from the beach and in the middle of all the action. It is not on the busiest block on the street, so I was happy to arrive back at this hotel at night after all the hoopla a few blocks down. Overall I would definately stay here again, and I hope that they keep up the good work so that I can have the pleasant experience when I return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilbit617
Reviewed 16 July 2014

As a party goer ths hotel is in the middle of everything!! thoguht it rained we were able to enjoy our mini vacation in the heart of shouth beach!! i would like to mention the great staff this little hotel has! I've been to some nasty hotels in Miami and the Leslie will not disappoint you! the rooms are amazing, the pool was breathtaking!! (on the roof!!) great view from my room and the pool staff was incredible. Thanks to everyone who made my stay the best vacation ive had so far! David on the front desk (thanks for calling a cab for us and for being very patient and the ladies that checked us in) and i believe Mike was very friendly and helpfull too! these people go above and beyond and do a great job! i work in the hospitality business and this hotel is an example of a true jewel in the zoo that Miami Beach has become.
we are definetly coming back and sharing with friends and family!

Room Tip: Any room facing Ocean dr
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends