“Surpringly good Thai food for a neighboorhood restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean, Thai, Cuban
Neighbourhood: North Shores
Neighbourhood: North Shores
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Surpringly good Thai food for a neighboorhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

I tried this restaurant with some misgivings. I have grown weary of Americanized pseudo-Asian food, having lived in Asia and tried the real thing. I was especially concerned about the odd mix of Cuban and Thai food. Such strange combinations usually spell disaster. However, with a discount dining certificate in hand to overcome my resistance, I tried Izzy's. We were amazed. Although it's a very unassuming little restaurant, the Thai food was actually excellent. It could have been served in Bangkok! Service was also very prompt and friendly, even if the restaurant is a bit of a hole in the wall.

• Visited October 2010
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Tampa, Florida
“Americanized Cuban and Thai in a Cuban setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We had dinner here in Aug 2011.

The food was good but classics like clear Thai broth was From Buillon but the veg was fresh. I asked for spicy and didn't get much heat. The Thai curry was not bad but canned bamboo shoots and fresh bellpeppers made the quality issues apparent. The rice was mushy as well.

Seems like a nice family place that just had an off Monday.

New York City, New York
“I love Cubi Thai”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Always while visiting Miami I take a trip to Cubi Thai. Every time I go it is empty so I get the best service. Love the decor the food is great. Always enjoyable and the big plus is that they participate with restaurant.com. Will continue to go!

• Visited March 2011
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfect for young kids, good value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

we have a three year old. They put a nick jr show on the large screen and made a grilled cheese cuban sandwich not on menu. The pad thai was excellent. So were the thai soups and cuban dishes we tried. We went back the next night and it was just as friendly and good. Everything we tried was fresh and tasty. Fried ice cream is best ever. I'd go back any time without kids. This is now our fav restaurant on miami beach. Good value and good food. They even have a sofa type seat very comfy for tired little ones to relax.

• 3 of 5 bubbles