“Best restaurant at the Catalina hotel”
Review of Fung Ku

Fung Ku
Reserve with OpenTable
Fung Ku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 1,097 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Korean
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at The Catalina Hotel & Beach Club in the heart of South Beach, Serving Asian Fusion, Sushi, Korean BBQ & Thai Cuisine. Featuring a full bar and nightly events including live music & DJ's.
New York City, New York
“Best restaurant at the Catalina hotel”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have a good palette for sushi. Tasted fresh and was made carefully. I enjoyed it along with my whiskey. Thumbs up! Funny, but there was also a Moulin rouge performance which cracked me up. Very entertaining dinner experience.

Visited November 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fung Ku, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Hello there AmandaCree,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback with us! We are glad to know that you were content with your experience at FUNG KU. Our sushi is always made with the freshest ingredients. We have live entertainment here for all of our guests to enjoy. :) Please come back again soon!

• Korean first
Indiana, Pennsylvania, United States
“Couldn't wait to return!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I ate here our first night in South Beach back in January and we fell in love with the food and the cocktails! When we were planning for our April trip to South Beach, we both kept saying how much we wanted to come back to Fung Ku! We stayed 5 nights and had dinner there twice! We love sitting outside to people watch while we eat. I'm in LOVE with the Fung Ku Kick. I may have had 4 or 5.... :)

• Visited April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fung Ku, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Hello there Andrea N,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful 5 star feedback! We are extremely glad to read that your dining experience was a 5 star one! We offer delicious Pan Asian food, with lovely cocktails to go with. The Fung Ku Kick is so yummy! Please come back again with your husband when you are back in Miami!

Nashville, TN
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The wait staff was great and very friendly to our 2 year old, which seems rare in South Beach. The ramen is out of this world!

Visited March 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fung Ku, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Hello there chrisnashville,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 5 STAR FEEDBACK!!!!!! We are extremely glad to read that you had a great dining experience here at FUNG KU!!! Our staff is always hard at work to make sure that everyone is having a great time here! Please come back soon and dine with us again soon!!!

Katrine
“Good for a hotel restaurant, felt at home sitting at the bar.”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Spent an evening away on business in Miami and felt the pain of having another evening eating alone. However some cocktails and Sushi here went down a treat. The staff were very friendly and turned what could have been a short and boring evening into a treat for one.

• Visited May 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fung Ku, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hello there TurnerAd,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, regarding your recent experience! I am glad to read that you were able to try our sushi and cocktails. We offer a wide variety of food and drink choices. Our staff is always eager to provide our guests with great service, and we are glad this is what you were given! Please come back and dine with us again when in South Beach!

Katrine
“Look past first impressions”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

As family people from out of town, my wife and I didn't think we were the target clientele for this joint. Something to do with the less than friendly look on the face of the hostess, and the lights hanging out of a wall recess maybe. I wanted to try it anyway because the menu looked appetizing, if a little pricey. I expect that the hostess may have been expecting a crappy night because it was a Thursday, and Miami had just had a downpour just an hour earlier. I'm so glad I stayed for the food. My wife and I shared the calamari, and a dragon roll. We had planned to grab some appetizers, and then go elsewhere, but the food was wonderful. The place looks like a hotel lobby with some seats thrown in, and a bar where the check-in desk used to be. I would go again for the sushi, and the serving sizes are good for sharing. The Korean pulled pork buns were very good too.

• Visited March 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fung Ku, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Good Afternoon Andrew L,

We value all of our guests feedback and we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We strive on providing outstanding customer service, so it pains us to read that is not what you were given! I will definitely make sure that the manager is aware of your feedback! I am glad that you were able to enjoy the food that we offer here at FUNG KU. We would love to have you back to dine with us again! The next time we will make sure that the service is up to par!!!