“Very nice boutique hotel”

Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach
Ranked #30 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice boutique hotel”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Location: right on the beach, quite close to Lincoln mall and all the restaurants. But I had a hard time looking for the hotel when we arrived at night. Couldn't find the hotel sign and the address is pretty small.
Room: we got a free upgrade, thank you! The room is very nice and clean, but there are some garbage between the bed and the night stand when we checked in. I guess the cleaning staff must have missed it. Still there the second and the third day.... Something little details that the management should pay attention to.
Breakfast: nice but quite limited choices
Others: I thought the water in the kitchen is free as the "Please consider the environment" sign blocked the price tag of the bottles. Well, I guess I have nobody to blame, huh.
Valet parking: it might take sometime so even it is recommended to call 20 mins before your departure, we waited more than 30 min for our car to go to the airport. Good thing I factored in additional time otherwise, we would missed our flight.
Staff: pretty friendly.

Overall: I liked it even though there are definitely room for improvement.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jackiezzzzzzz
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Jackiezzzzzzz,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. My apologies for the delay in retrieving your vehicle. I would love to credit your account for the waters so please contact me directly at gm@edgewatersouthbeach.com. As a result, we have re arranged our presentation so that this does not happen in the future.

Thank you again.

Warm regards,
Ron Potter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Best holidays ever, in such a fantastic hotel. Neat rooms and service, very warm people. I would definitely recommend Edgewater South Beach hotel to my family and friends. See you next year, guys!

• Stayed November 2011
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 15 November 2011
Dear Santiagoneo;

Thank you for spending your holidays with us and recommending us to your friends and family. We hope to serve them and you soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We celebrated our 3rd anniversary in Miami. On arrival I didnt like to look of the hotel from outside, no name displayed only 1410. But the saying goes, do not jugde a book by it's cover!!!

Our suite was fantastic, Richard, Kevin and the dude with glasses who's name I have forgotten where awesome. Seriously any minor/major difficulties these guys sorted it all and made our stay one to remember how much fun we had.

We definitely going back and have also recommended to friends and family.

There is a restrauant which should be opening this week.

We got breakfast on the terrace which was fantastic.

I would finally like to thank the management team, Richard, Kevin, the other dude who's name I can't remember and the rest of the team. Miss you all and thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed November 2011
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Jay_Shi_UK:

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor audience. Our lighting package and signage will be up over the next few weeks which will make the hotel a bit easier to identify. I will share your comments with the team and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Ron
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 November 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Edgewater for Columbus Day weekend to celebrate my birthday. We were well taken care of from the minute we arrived, especially since we got there just in time for happy hour! The room was perfect for two girls who just wanted to spend all day on the beach and go out every night. The kitchenette was nice and we really liked the spacious bathroom. The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant, especially Rafael, who was always on hand to make recommendations about activities or dining, etc. We also enjoyed getting to meet Ron during the happy hours. Thank you so much to all the staff for making my birthday weekend one to remember!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank csi19
Dear CSI 19,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and spending Columbus weekend with us. I will share your comments with Rafael and we hope to have you back soon!

Best regards,
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My boyfriend and I planned a romantic getaway to Miami and stayed at the Edgewater Hotel from Oct. 23-26. It was our first time in Miami, and the Edgewater really enhanced our experience. Ron and his staff were extremely welcoming and the customer service was beyond expectations. Johnny was very helpful in providing us with great places to go on any given night and helped us to avoid tourist traps. The hotel is in a prime location as we were in walking distance to the beach, shopping and nightlife. It is a short walking distance to the beach, just across Ocean Dr, and the hotel graciously accommodated us with beach towels and chairs. The hotel is new and the lobby and rooms were very clean. We stayed in a beautiful, and very spacious ocean view suite which included a living room and kitchenette. We thoroughly enjoyed this boutique style hotel. The all you can drink happy hour served everyday from 6-7pm on the rooftop terrace, was a nice opportunity to mingle with other hotel guests and the staff. We had no complaints and were overly impressed with the hospitality and accommodations of the Edgewater and look forward to returning to this hotel for all future visits. We would also like to thank Ron and his staff for making this such a pleasantly memorable vacation.

Jarett and Brittany

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 11 November 2011
Dear Brittany,

Thank you for the compliments! We loved serving you and Jarett and look forward to having you back. I hope you are enjoying the candle. We have them for sale now so we will have one ready for you upon your return. We also wish Jarett much success with his studies.

Best regards,
Shrevport
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We stayed at Edgewater for a 4 day vacation to celebrate my birthday. The hotel staff greeted us at the cab to get our bags, checked us in and showed us to our room. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and helpful during our entire stay. The room was fabulous. It was very spacious and clean, & the bed was extremely comfortable. It is perfectly located at the foot of Ocean drive central to South Beach but about a block away from all the Ocean Drive hustle and bustle. We will definatley stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Second floor with french doors that open to the atrium.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
EdgewaterSouthBeach, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Tiff1194,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you also for sharing the benefits and features of our atrium rooms. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I stayed here at Edgewater and I do not have one complaint! The view was perfect, the staff was exceptional especially Rafael Castro who helped me with my bags and made sure I was taken care of throughout my stay. The room was excellent. I felt like I was in a condo with the furniture in the room! The location was perfect and within walking distance to several businesses. Most people complain about noise in South Beach but I slept perfect each night! I can guarantee that when I return to South Beach I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Dear Daly R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to serving you in the future. I will share your comments with Rafael as well.

Ron