Stayed at this hotel 2 nights in November. Had previously been advised we would be upgraded to an ocean view room but this wasn't the case. Turns out we were glad as I think the hotel could possibly be quite noisy if on the ocean drive side. We had a perfectly good sleep with no noise from outside nor any noise of people coming back in from the clubs in the early hours. The view was non existent but it didn't matter to us as we were out most of the time.
The happy hour on the terrace was very relaxed, laid back and very much a chill hour! Lovely view from the main arch at the front. The lady who served the drinks was very friendly and welcoming - always making sure you had a drink.
Very large rooms, the sofa area was comfortable and a nice change from having to sit at a desk chair. We didn't make use of the kitchenette facilities but they looked perfectly adequate to prepare some breakfast if required/coffee/light snack etc. The room was very well equipped, clean and spacious - as was the bathroom.
Huge TV aswell as stereo system/dvd.
Great location, quieter end of Ocean drive but within walking distance of plenty of eateries and bars.
Went to Lincoln road one evening - really don't know what the fuss was about. Reminded us alot of a restaurant strip in a Spanish Island resort, with people trying to entice you into their restaurants. It's so uncomfortable not being able to stroll around and casually view menu's before deciding whether or not to eat there. Found it all quite tacky and not what we were expecting in Miami at all. Miami didn't wow us at all.
Would we return to the Edgewater hotel - Yes. However, we probably won't return to Miami so our stay in this hotel will be remembered as a very positive one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach has earned the status as one of Ocean Drive's most iconic properties offering 49 studios and suites. Within easy walking distance to the best of South Beach, beautiful landscapes are easily discovered. Owners and guests will be immersed in the center of the action of South Beach from the restaurants and galleries of Lincoln Road to the boutique shops and nightclubs of Collins and Washington Avenues to the turquoise waters of Miami Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach Miami Beach, Florida