“Everything disposable at breakfast? Environmental impact?”

Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach
Ranked #32 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
“Everything disposable at breakfast? Environmental impact?”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We had a nice large room. The staff were friendly enough, but the wi-fi didn't work in our room and they didn't get it fixed for over 24 hours. I was shocked at the breakfast. What a disappointment it was. Apart from poor variety and mediocre coffee, everything was disposable. This was below par on two fronts 1) this is an expensive place and you expect better e.g. real cutlery 2) what a terrible environmental footprint. I really hope this changes.

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thabo_Globetrotter
Ron P, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear Thabo_Globetrotter;

Thank you for taking the time to review your December 2011 stay. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. Since your visit we have instituted many green initiatives.

Ron Potter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel in mid-April 2012. The hotel had re-opened recently, the rooms were large and comfortable, they had fridge, flat screen TV, and a rooftop gathering place for an extensive continental breakfast and a free wine hour in the evening. Santiago, one of the managers, was superb, and made everything work all the time. The separately operated restaurant, Fresco, had excellent pizza and italian food. The hotel is right across from the beach, and the seating outside on Ocean Ave gave an excellent view point for people watching. I would highly recommend this hotel -- not a full service luxury hotel, but very very comfortable, well-tended, great location, and service oriented... I would stay here again.

1 Thank djh1960
Dear djh1960;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We were delighted to have you with us and we are glad you enjoyed your time with us. We would be honored to serve you once again in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

This is a lovely modern hotel in a great location right on Ocean Drive. South Beach is just across the road. The hotel is very clean and the rooms very modern. It is also reasonably priced for it's location and for Miami.

South Beach is such a beautiful beach, I can see why it is one of the most highly rated. The sand is so white and the water is a lovely temperature. It is definitely the best beach I have ever visited and you will love it if you are a beach person.

We had lunch at one of the restaurants on Ocean Drive and although it was really nice, it was so expensive but we were there to do it right so we did. The Lincoln Road area seemed to be the best place to eat and was packed with people so I would recommend going there for something rather than Ocean Drive.

There were also filming a movie while we were there which was fun and interesting to see.

I would recommend this hotel if you are staying in Miami.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelingrumpkin
Dear Travelingrumpkin:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Vero Beach, FL
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Both my husband and I are extremely satisfied with our stay at the Edgewater Hotel. It is perfectly located in Ocean Drive and the staff is amazing. Richard at the front desk made our stay exceptional. Having drinks at the rooftop was superb. We will sure stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Bella M:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will share your comments with Richard and the team. We hope to serve you again in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and we were pleased with the location and the service. Its located on Ocean Drive, the main drag of Miami beach, and the water is directly accross the street. What looks like a park between the hotel and the beach in the photos is just a small greenbelt. The staff was friendly and professional, but not over-the-top with sticky-sweetness, which is nice. The rooms were rather basic but clean. An added perk was the happy hour and the continental breakfast on the roof which offers a fantastic view of the sea.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Ron P, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Maryn B;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and thank you for your business! It was a pleasure having you. I am glad you enjoyed the happy hour and the rest of what South Beach has to offer.

We hope to serve you again in the near future. Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!

miami
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I loved my stay at the Edgewater hotel in Miami. This was the 1st time i stayed here but certainly not my last. Richard at the front desk was great. He was very welcoming and helpful, gave me great ideas on what to do during my stay. My room was clean and comfortable I had such a great time. If you want to experience a good stay, with great customer service and an awesome location then i recommend the Edgewater Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank jenny g
Ron P, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
General Manager,

Dear jenny g;

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Audience! We are delighted to hear that Richard was able to create a memorable experience for you. We hope to serve you again in the near future and please don't forget to follow us on Facebook for special offers!

Regards,
Miami
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I loved the friendly staff from the moment you walk in there were all so welcoming.

I loved the hotel it was in a great location and very nice and clean. I was on a little getaway with my boyfriend and it was perfect for those romantic weekends away. Part of the exprience of getting away is hoping you for good customer service and the gentlemen at the front desk Richard was amazing. Very friendly helpful and accomodating from the moment we walked in to the moment we checked out. Overall great experience. :)

2 Thank diana2jen
Ron P, General Manager at Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear diana2jen;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored to have Richard as part of our team. Richard has been a recipient of the Associate of the Month, among many other awards, for a reason. I will share your comments with him and the team. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warm regards,