“Yoo hoo to Living Social!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tradewinds Apartment Hotel

and 1 more site!
Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yoo hoo to Living Social!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

This a spur of the moment trip. I found the special just a few days ago, and we booked the special immediately. Besides having to wait a full 24-48 hours to get the voucher number, we were able to reserve a space on Monday, and drove out to Miami the next day. Hotel was spacious, plenty of room for the two of us. And a kitchen area where we could make breakfast and lunch. Grounds were well kept and management was fabulous. Francisco and Alex were superb. They are the ideal candidates for any company, ones that love their job and what they do. Which clearly shows their bright and personable demeanors. The location of the hotel is close to the beach, and Lincoln Road shops. Though this location did not have a gym, we did have a rental car that we took down to Equinox to get our workouts. Did a daily run in the morning on the boardwalk which isn't too far from the hotel.

Room Tip: bring slippers.. tiled floor everywhere..
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kimtong21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

If you are looking for value in expensive Miami Beach, this place is a great deal. It's not right next to anything, but it's within walking distance (or at least a cheap $7 cab distance) of South Beach, North Beach, etc. It would be very close to everything if you had a rental car.
At first I didn't know what to expect navigating through the older looking buildings to my room. When I walked inside, I could believe how big it was...maybe 800 sq feet with a large living room, bathroom and separate bedroom and with a lock on the bedroom door. The kitchen, bathroom and entire apartment were completely renovated and stylish and you would never think it looked like that from the outside. The $15 per night room charge was a little annoying because I was told everything was included in the package I purchased on Hotwire, but overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Merrin2
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

Just came back from Tradewinds and I had to write because, like others on here, when I was looking for reviews, I couldn't find any. I'm also not affiliated with the hotel or anything - sometimes you can never be sure.

We stayed 5 nights here for a really great price. The pool and gardens actually do look like the pictures - it's quite pretty and lush. We stayed at one of the rooms on the second floor by the pool. The rooms were very nice - it would have been nice if there was a coffee machine and a couple of knives - those little things make a big difference. The room was also not as clean as it could have been - especially the floors. Oh and they really should have some sort of curtain or blinds for the entrance door - we had to make makeshift curtains to block the light through the frosted glass front door. Those were most of the negatives about the place - the beds were comfy, there were plenty of pots and pans and dishes to cook for 4 people, bathrooms were fine. The pool was also super nice, there were great loungers and pillows and tables (to eat downstairs if you like) - loved that! The front desk was very nice and helpful, although there were some errors with what they charged my credit card. Best to check what they charge you when you check in.

The other thing is Tradewinds is good if you are going with some friends and don't mind the "partying" mode the hotel has...especially around the pool. There was house music playing from morning until night at the pool - this can be good if you like that kind of music and are okay hearing it for hours...that also attracts a lot of the younger (18-24) kids. They should either change the music to more chill background music or turn it off entirely. But again, this didn't bug us that much because we were a group of girls that were there to have fun and chil out..and we would just go to the beach when we were done with the pool. But I can imagine that bothering a couple who wanted to come to Tradewinds and have a very peaceful time around the pool with little noise or with an older crowd. We didn't mind at all.

The best thing about this place though is the location. The location is absolutely perfect - a block from all the big hotels on collins - the W, Gansevoort, Setai and Delano...the beach is perfect and a couple of blocks away.

For the value and the location, this place was great - again, not sure if I would come here if I wanted a super low-key, quiet get-away. But if you are going to have fun, listen to music and maybe meet some of the other people, it's a great time.

I'm making a video of my trip so if you want to see a few shots of the hotel - you can check it out at www.turnoffthelite.com

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank turnoffthelite
Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

There were hardly any reviews for this place when I booked it. So I was a bit wary when I saw the first review. I asked for an upstairs room so I would not have to worry about the noise. The apartment complex is very big. The apartment is very big and nice, with flat screen T.V.s and and nice appliances.
I had no problem with noise for the entire week. I would recommend staying there.
The minus is that there is
- no safe in the rooms
- no telephone.
The front staff state that they are working on these things. The front desk provided free use of there phone. I think the front check in area is a bit too for the size of the complex. The staff was very nice. Unfortunately on the last day our rental car was broken in at the Lincoln mall parking lot and stole our suitcases. We were there in the day for about an hour. They drilled a hole in the door. You have to be very careful and vigilant. With regards to the Apartment, parking is on the road and is not too difficult. The neighbour hood appears good and it is very close to Collins and the other hotels. Takes about less than a four minute walk. I would have had a good vacation if my belongings were not stolen.
The cleaning service for the hotel needs improvement. The maid was not scheduled to come for the five days we were initially planning to stay there, so we had to ask for the maid who did not clean the bathroom. There are no cleaning things such as broom or toilet cleaner for you to do your own cleaning. Things you would not expect to buy if you are only staying a week. So I think they need to find tune the services they are providing for people who are short -term versus long term stay.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jamaica92
Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I was a recent guest at the Tradewinds Apartment Hotel and have to say that all of the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The apartment was very nice and well appointed. A short walk to the beach or use the pool on the grounds....made for a relaxing stay. I would recommend this property to anyone that wants a quiet, decompressing, chill vacation. Families can enjoy home cooked meals (or not) in the fully appointed kitchen or just fill up the frig with the beach necessities. Upon departure, we were helped by staff who literally carried our luggage and groceries to the lobby and secured transportation....that's the service I appreciate!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
North West, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

We arrived home from this property this morning, and i thought i'd post a review as i could find no info when i booked.
Firstly, you really couln't ask for any more with regards to location, cleanliness, price, and value. The apartments are lovely with brand new ovens, microwaves, fridge/freezers, lovely furniture, and lots of space. The only thing physically wrong with the apartment is that the shower has no power at all, and goes hot/cold/hot/cold constantly.
HOWEVER, stay here at your perill, if you expect to be able to sleep!! We had a ground floor apartment next to the pool, and unfortunately the apartment above us was occupied by (what would seem like) 100 Spanish teens. They had no respect whatsoever, and moved furniture at all times during the night, and generally made more noise than you would think possible.
I told reception EVERY day of our 10 night stay, and nothing was done. I think the problem comes about by the fact that the people above us had a 3 month rental, us only 10 nights, so it was easier to let them carry on, and continue to take thier payment. Reception, and managers both repeatedly told us there were no apartments for us to relocate to, however they had no trouble housing new guests every day!
I ended up telling those above us to keep the noise down personally every night, but frankly, i shouldn't have had to.
It should have been clear that there was something wrong with service here from the moment we walked in, as we had to sit for 40mins, just to check in, again, whilst different Spanish teens argued over how to split thier bill, and how to pay.
Sum it up, if you can bear to sleep with ear plugs in and ear muffs on (ear plugs believe it or not are not enough on thier own,) then these apartments are superb.
Oh, and the wireless internet was intermittent (for everyone) all the time we were there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple