Tradewinds Apartment Hotel
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
US$425
  • Beachfront
Chesterfield Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$226
  • Bar/Lounge
US$221
US$204
US$345
US$314
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$241
US$204
  • Beachfront
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$244
US$209
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$604
US$417
galahotels.com
  • Pool
Red South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$209
Travelocity
1,703 results
All reviewsfront deskfull kitchensouth beachliving roomminute walkfree airport shuttlepool areahome away from homelincoln roadfree happy hourwalking distance to the beachflat screencleaning staffnice poolocean drivespecial thanksbeach towels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here for four nights with my husband and booked very last minute.

I was attracted by positive reviews and the low cost.

I just want to say it was fantastic and that you really will be fine here. I have often been scared off a place because of negative reviews on this website. No need to be with Tradewinds.

Good points:

Huge rooms.
Clean.
New and well maintained furnishings.
Great facilities: iPod docking station, large TV, kitchen and fidge/freezer.
Comfy bed.
Nice toiletries and plenty of towels.
Free beach towels.
Nice gardens and cute pool area.

I can't say there are 'bad' points. I did find that some nights we could hear the guests upstairs as they were really loud, but it wasn't a problem. The location was great: everything is walkable, and you have the 25 cents local bus to get back if you've had a drink.

Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PCardiff82
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hello there PCardiff82,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your wonderful 5 star feedback! We are very glad to read that you and your husband had a fantastic time while staying with us! Our rooms are very spacious, with new furnishings, and in a great location. The 25 cent bus is great and very convenient when wanting to get to the southern end of South Beach. Please come back soon for another memorable time with us!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have recently stayed in apartment 428, and having been to Miami Beach many times before I can honestly say that this is by far my best hotel experience in Miami Beach/South Beach. The staff was just superb; always kind and friendly, and did their utmost to make you feel right at home.

We had a view of the cozy pool area, and it is a mere 4-5 minutes walk from a great part of the beach. There is a Wallgreen's conveniently located on the corner of Collins & 23rd which is open 24/7. It takes about 15 minutes to walk to Lincoln Road, so unless you are lazy this should be just fine.

If you want to live in the middle of the action of Collins or Oceans, this might not the place for you. But if you appreciate a relaxing getaway in a spacious apartment in cozy surroundings with all the amenities you need, and you were born with usable feet, go right ahead.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JiSi
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Tradewinds Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Hello JiSi,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing your 5 star comments with us! :) We are grateful to know that you found our property to be the best you've tried on South Beach! Our staff is always here making sure that the grounds are well kept, and that everything is well taken care of. We are located a bit more north of all the action, yet close enough when you want to get to it. When you want a relaxing and quiet time, we are definitely the place you want to be! :)

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend and the staff was very friendly i was super happy with housecleaning, they did a very well job organizing the mess that my kids would make and i give this hotel 5 stars

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank 1blood

Good Evening 1blood,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review to relay us with your recent experience at Tradewinds. I am extremely content to know that you had such an excellent time with us, and that you found our staff to be friendly! They are always hard at work to make sure that everyone is well taken care of, and having a great time! We would love to have you stay with us again in the future for another memorable 5 star stay!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel truly is the definition of a hidden gem when visiting Miami Beach, quietly tucked away between Pine Tree Dr and the Collins Canal. The rooms are modern with a stocked kitchen (cookingware, utensils, fridge, stove, microwave), two air conditioning units, full bathroom and double closets.

The lobby is chic and well decorated, the staff are attentive and caring. We (early 20s couple) visited from out of town and the younger staff were able to help us plan outings relevant to our interests.

Perks of this hotel include free bike rentals on a first come first serve basis. A tip: they start renting them at 9am, but show up at 8:30-45 as people line up early and they're all gone by 9. Also this hotel is part of the South Beach Group of Hotels, meaning you can benefit from any deals they offer. The one we took advantage of the most was a free shuttle to Collins Ave, dropping us off at the Catalina. From 7-8pm, drinks are free for guests of the hotel group. Again another free tip, head next door to the Dorset for drinks during happy hour, as the Catalina often is very crowded at this time. If you are served by a young Russian lad (Denis), prepare to have a great night as he is extremely generous.

All in all a great spot to stay when visiting Miami Beach. The pool is a good size, no rowdy or sketchy people and the fact people use the hotel as a long-term apartment provides a sense of homeliness.

Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony, poolview room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrimoGrande

Good day PrimoGrande,

There is nothing that we love to see more then a lovely review with 5 stars!! :) Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! The location of our property is definitely tucked away in a residential area, still not far at all from all the action. Our apartments are fully stocked with a kitchen, appliances, cooking and serving ware and everything you need to make you feel as if you were home. Our staff definitely knows about the hottest spots to dine, shop and to overall have a great time! We do offer a load of complimentary amenities when you stay with us- bikes, cocktail hour from 7-8PM at Riviera or Catalina (sister hotels), R/T shuttle from Miami International Airport just to name a few. Dennis is absolutely wonderful and is located in the lobby bar of Kung Fu Kitchen & Sushi. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I recently stayed at Tradewinds and I can honestly say I felt like I was home. Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were extremely efficient. I have read some of the recent reviews, and I have to say I don't agree with the negative ones. The common grounds are well maintained and the housekeeping I received daily was right on point. Not to mention the great staff at the front desk. Cudos to Omar and Joan!
The only negative...no phones and limited parking. But everyone has a cell nowadays and the parking is a problem all over the Beach.
Tradewinds will definitely become my designated hotel next time I'm on the Beach!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Hello Alfredo H,

We are very content to read that you had an "Ultimate Getaway" while staying with us! Our staff is very welcoming and always ensuring that each and every guest is enjoying their time with us. We do not have phones in the rooms as it is your time to disconnect from everything. There is a phone in the lobby area that is available for you to use whenever you would like. We also take messages and deliver them to your room, if someone has called for you. Parking overall on South Beach has always been a slight issue. So many people wanting to be here, and so little space. We have limited parking here on a first come first serve. We can't wait to have you stay with us the next time that you are visiting Miami!