Soho Beach House
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$518
US$466
Official Site
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$252
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$204
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$253
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$227
Hotels.com
US$528
US$329
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$371
  • Beachfront
All reviewscowshed productsclub barbeachside roomsouth beachgreat gymrooms are amazingsteam roomcool vibehotel guestsbeach servicefantastic hotelboutique hotelthe penthousepool sidececconispamiami
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This was our third trip in as many years to the Soho Beach House, and it delivered once again. This place is really more than your average beach hotel--it provides exclusivity and luxury that have made it our favorite weekend getaway in the US. This year we came later than we usually do (we typically have gone as an end of the summer getaway), but we came at the end of September, which is a bit more towards their high season and we brought a couple of friends with us. Given the timing, we noticed that it was a bit more crowded in general, with not quite the usual attention to the hotel patrons and club members as we had come to expect. For example, we waited for 10 minutes to valet our car, while they were trying to move cars around in their tiny driveway (note: better not to take a car here if you can avoid it, as valet is pricey too), and on the beach, where we've usually been treated to fresh fruits and watering cans to clean the sand off our feet, both of these were missing. We stayed in a bayside room this time, which we've never stayed in before. It is still as nicely furnished as the oceanside, but no tubs. However, on the plus side, if you stay on the bayside, we were treated to a very nice sunset. The bed is heavenly, and the amenities are great-the toiletries from their own Cowshed spa line are fantastic. The best part about staying there, though, is that you get to experience all of the perks of Soho House membership while you're staying there--the screenings, exclusive parties, and there are alway a few celebrities (we saw some famous athletes) hanging around. We will definitely be booking another trip to stay there again next year.

Room Tip: bayside room really isn't that bad--no tubs, but nice sunset!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelrabbit2003
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Some people might say that it's a bit far from Ocean Drive and the heart of South Beach, and just next to the terrible Fontainebleau resort, but, well, who really cares when the rooms, the service, the bars, the restaurants, the pool, the beach and the staff are so good and cool !

I am a Soho House member but this is an unbiased review : all the people I sent there came back with one idea : to come back !

And yes, it's children friendly, and yes there are hot parties too ! And when I go on business to Miami, that's where I stay too.

I wish I could go there more often.

Room Tip: Check the rates on their website to get the best rooms ('beach side'). But don't worry, all rooms are spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Soho Beach House. It's away from the hustle and bustle of the heart of South Beach but not that far away. My wife, child and I stayed in a nicely furnished Beachside 4 room which had plenty of space. We liked the Cowshed products and of course, we bought a few of them to bring home!

We ate at Cecconi's for breakfast and dinner and had lunch at the pool. All of the meals were great. There was a very relaxed pool scene during my stay and the beach was pretty packed. The service was very good. While I brought my child with me on this trip (and since it was August there were a few others), this place is geared for adults. I would definitely stay at this classy hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We have spent many nights at the Soho Beach House. We live in Tequesta, FL, about 90 minutes north of Miami Beach. Several times a year we will escape for 2-3 nights and go to this charming and private luxury hotel. The understated elegance is a big change from the shiny, glitzy hotels of South Beach. Cecconis is one of the best restaurants in Miami too. From breakfast to dinner you simply cannot go wrong. No one can poach eggs like Cecconis. The French press coffee is just wonderful touch also. We have always stayed in the Beachside rooms. They are large and comfortable and the bathrooms are just beautiful. The staff is second to none. We see people from the entertainment industry here often but no one ever bothers them. That's the type of place it is. Pricey to be sure, but there are other hotels that are just as expensive. I will say that the restaurant is starting to get a little long in the tooth and could use a little TLC. We're so comfortable there we really don't seem to mind.

We were there just last week and had plans to go to several restaurants around town... We went to another hotel the first night for drinks and dinner... we had one drink and decided to go back to the Soho. We didn't leave the property until we left two days later!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Among the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in worldwide. I stayed for 4 nights in a Beachside 1 room. If you can splurge, definitely go for a Beachside 1 or 2. Wraparound balcony, and falling asleep listening to the ocean and feeling the warm miami breeze.

Every little detail has been thought of to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. They really nailed it. Unobtrusive, friendly staff. When you have a bartender wheel a bar cart into your room at 7PM to shake you a cocktail, you wonder how life could be any other way.

It's a 10 dollar cab ride to the South Beach bars, etc. But do you REALLY want to go down there?

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Book a "Beachside" room to get the full experience.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple