All reviewscowshed productsclub barbeachside roomsouth beachrooms are amazinghotel guestsbeach staffboutique hotelthe penthouserooftop poolcecconimiamivibescenebathtubpropertiesdj
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent venue to stay, drink, eat and sun.
really good crowd of people, though a few gold diggers were around at the weekends.
the beach wa superb, with their service and ice buckets.
the special events really unique.
a thoroughly excellent place, for excellent people, looked after by brilliant staff

Room Tip: south side rooms the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The staff were like people you have known for years...nothing was a problem...great pool...even better pool bar! So relaxed and buzzy, had a lovely meal, and finished off in the Club bar until the early hours. Such a happy atmosphere everywhere...breakfast in our wraparound room in the morning with friends ( never quite works at any hotels, cold coffee etc. but didn't spoil our stay)...great views...fabulous Sunday brunch, and sorry to get back in the car to go home.
Will be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new block are one per floor...we were in 46... Fabulous !!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fraserview702
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We didn't stay but have friends who are members . The place is very much open to the public especially the restaurant Cecconis . The best time to go is Sunday for brunch ,from 11am to 3.pm......it's fantastic !!! The food was plentiful and set up perfectly to eat at a very leisurely pace so get a table early and take your time, you'll love the very chic atmosphere , it's all very casual as well though lots of beautiful people as only Miami beach can show!!
After a big lunch $45 per head unless you're with a member then head down to the beach for perfect end to a super chic and cool day at soho house!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

While at the Soho Beach House I was repeatedly met the refrain, “Oh, you’re not a member.” Never have I felt more uncomfortable at a Luxury Resort. All aspects of service were second rate. The odd layout meant I had to take two elevators to get to the gym and walk through the kitchen to get to the pool/beach. I have no desire to ever stay here again.

We arrived three hours before check-in and were led to believe we would be able to check in early but weren’t actually able to get into our room until four hours later, an hour after check-in. As a result, we didn’t get to hang out on the beach at all on Friday.

The design of the hotel is shabby-chic: antique furniture, reclaimed tile floors, exposed light bulbs in mason jars, etc. It feels very cool and on trend with similar hotels in NYC. The room was a decent size, comfortable bed, and quality products in the bathroom. But our room looked out onto a wall. Actually felt like I was in New York.

We ate at the restaurant, Cecconi’s, for dinner once, and breakfast twice (the manager offered to comp breakfasts because of our late check in). The food was good, not great. The service was, again, disappointing. So slow to get a drink at dinner and breakfast! One measure I used to judge the quality of service at a restaurant is by if/how long my water glass sits empty. My water glass sat empty at each meal for at least a couple of minutes. One morning they only offered a buffet breakfast, but the layout of the buffet was so awkward another guest made a joke about it and made a point of mentioning it to one of the waiters. We would never eat breakfast here if we had to pay for it.

The beach was lovely when we finally got to enjoy it on Saturday. Again, service was an issue. Service was very inconsistent. Some servers seemed attentive and joked around with the people they waited on, whereas I had to walk up to the stand to get a menu and let someone know we wanted something to eat/drink. I couldn’t even wave someone down to take our tray away when we were finished, luckily the people next to me helped me out by getting their server’s attention.

Finally, as we were checking out and got the final bill, the breakfasts that we had been told would be comped were still on the bill. They took them off the bill, but it was a sad reminder of the poor service we experienced throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view or a high floor unless you want to stare at a wall. The 4-7 floor rooms are only accessible through elevators near the front of the hotel. A bit of a hassle. Higher floor rooms have more direct access to the gym and pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 801NYC
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a fantastic hotel and if you really want to spoil yourself then book a beach front room , my room took up the whole 14th Floor with a wrap around balcony on 3 sides giving the most amazing views. Service was very good and the Sunday Brunch Brilliant, great value for money but really busy you must book.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends