As a member of the Soho House Clubs and a huge fan of all of their properties I have previously visited and stayed at I was desperate to try Soho Beach House and seized the opp last week whilst in Miami.
I was unlucky with the weather and it howled with wind and rain from the time of my check in until the next morning when I was due to check out! The hotel needs the sun and the light to make it work for me. in the rain it felt sad and dark but the staff were truly wonderful. They were kind, friendly, super attentive and the breakfast buffet was superb and the programme of events (lecture by eminent American artist and fab live jazz ) wonderful.
I was however disappointed with Ceconi's restaurant at the hotel, whilst the dining room was beautiful and the service perfect (thank you Diego) myself and my guest both thought the food quite mediocre, especially considering the food at the London outpost of Ceconi's is rather good as a rule.
The food in the club bar was fabulous - tapas style dishes with a Latin flavour and one of the managers, Stephanie was the perfect host.
My room was one of the small corner rooms with a view of the beach, a tiny balcony and not much light as the main window is quite close to big white wall belonging to the megalithic Fontainbleu next door. I imagine that on a bight sunny day it would all feel rather different.
My bed was divine but the linens a little scratchy (they didn't feel like fine Egyptian cotton even though I am sure that they probably are) The duvet was lovely and the signature cowshed products in the bathrooms are great. I didn't love the décor but that's just personal .
the morning I was checking out the rain stopped and the sun came out a little and I was able to take advantage of a quick recline on one of the lovely beach loungers and enjoy a coffee looking out and the still choppy Atlantic. The guys running the beach club were wonderful, attentive and chatty and I was really sorry that I had to leave as I know from friends that the place comes alive in the sun.
Will I return? yes in heartbeat and pray that the sun shines!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded by Soho House, a private club for the film and creative industries, this art-deco building on swanky beachside Collins Avenue in Miami Beach offers rooms to nonmembers. Luxe quarters, filled with antiques, have a retro 1950's or European style. They include free Wi-Fi and flat-screens, and some have terraces, soaking tubs and ocean views. Nonmembers agree to no photos or cell phones in common areas. The pool and beach have waiter service. Dining options include a rooftop taqueria and tequila bar, an elegant garden restaurant and an art-deco Cuban coffee bar with cigars. There's also a full-service spa, a gym and a screening room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Soho Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho Beach House Hotel Miami Beach
- Soho Beach House Miami Beach, Florida