“Weather Didn't Help”
Review of Soho Beach House

Soho Beach House
Ranked #101 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As a member of the Soho House Clubs and a huge fan of all of their properties I have previously visited and stayed at I was desperate to try Soho Beach House and seized the opp last week whilst in Miami.

I was unlucky with the weather and it howled with wind and rain from the time of my check in until the next morning when I was due to check out! The hotel needs the sun and the light to make it work for me. in the rain it felt sad and dark but the staff were truly wonderful. They were kind, friendly, super attentive and the breakfast buffet was superb and the programme of events (lecture by eminent American artist and fab live jazz ) wonderful.

I was however disappointed with Ceconi's restaurant at the hotel, whilst the dining room was beautiful and the service perfect (thank you Diego) myself and my guest both thought the food quite mediocre, especially considering the food at the London outpost of Ceconi's is rather good as a rule.

The food in the club bar was fabulous - tapas style dishes with a Latin flavour and one of the managers, Stephanie was the perfect host.

My room was one of the small corner rooms with a view of the beach, a tiny balcony and not much light as the main window is quite close to big white wall belonging to the megalithic Fontainbleu next door. I imagine that on a bight sunny day it would all feel rather different.

My bed was divine but the linens a little scratchy (they didn't feel like fine Egyptian cotton even though I am sure that they probably are) The duvet was lovely and the signature cowshed products in the bathrooms are great. I didn't love the décor but that's just personal .

the morning I was checking out the rain stopped and the sun came out a little and I was able to take advantage of a quick recline on one of the lovely beach loungers and enjoy a coffee looking out and the still choppy Atlantic. The guys running the beach club were wonderful, attentive and chatty and I was really sorry that I had to leave as I know from friends that the place comes alive in the sun.

Will I return? yes in heartbeat and pray that the sun shines!

Room Tip: Soho Beach House isn't cheap but if you can afford it splash out on a room with a larger balcony...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rosiemrh

Reviewed 15 November 2013

For my first time in Miami I stayed at the Soho Beach House Miami for 9 days with my wife. I can only say positive things about this hotel. Staff are friendly and incredibly attentive, facilities are all that you would want. There is a real feeling that nothing is too much trouble and that everyone wants you to have an amazing experience.On the first night there was some noise from the room above. I informed the staff and without me asking they moved us to a different room - no further noise for the entire trip. I could go on - the pool, the club, the spa, the beach, Cecconi's restaurant but probably best to discover these for yourself.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Excellent venue to stay, drink, eat and sun.
really good crowd of people, though a few gold diggers were around at the weekends.
the beach wa superb, with their service and ice buckets.
the special events really unique.
a thoroughly excellent place, for excellent people, looked after by brilliant staff

Room Tip: south side rooms the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The staff were like people you have known for years...nothing was a problem...great pool...even better pool bar! So relaxed and buzzy, had a lovely meal, and finished off in the Club bar until the early hours. Such a happy atmosphere everywhere...breakfast in our wraparound room in the morning with friends ( never quite works at any hotels, cold coffee etc. but didn't spoil our stay)...great views...fabulous Sunday brunch, and sorry to get back in the car to go home.
Will be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new block are one per floor...we were in 46... Fabulous !!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank fraserview702
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We didn't stay but have friends who are members . The place is very much open to the public especially the restaurant Cecconis . The best time to go is Sunday for brunch ,from 11am to 3.pm......it's fantastic !!! The food was plentiful and set up perfectly to eat at a very leisurely pace so get a table early and take your time, you'll love the very chic atmosphere , it's all very casual as well though lots of beautiful people as only Miami beach can show!!
After a big lunch $45 per head unless you're with a member then head down to the beach for perfect end to a super chic and cool day at soho house!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

While at the Soho Beach House I was repeatedly met the refrain, “Oh, you’re not a member.” Never have I felt more uncomfortable at a Luxury Resort. All aspects of service were second rate. The odd layout meant I had to take two elevators to get to the gym and walk through the kitchen to get to the pool/beach. I have no desire to ever stay here again.

We arrived three hours before check-in and were led to believe we would be able to check in early but weren’t actually able to get into our room until four hours later, an hour after check-in. As a result, we didn’t get to hang out on the beach at all on Friday.

The design of the hotel is shabby-chic: antique furniture, reclaimed tile floors, exposed light bulbs in mason jars, etc. It feels very cool and on trend with similar hotels in NYC. The room was a decent size, comfortable bed, and quality products in the bathroom. But our room looked out onto a wall. Actually felt like I was in New York.

We ate at the restaurant, Cecconi’s, for dinner once, and breakfast twice (the manager offered to comp breakfasts because of our late check in). The food was good, not great. The service was, again, disappointing. So slow to get a drink at dinner and breakfast! One measure I used to judge the quality of service at a restaurant is by if/how long my water glass sits empty. My water glass sat empty at each meal for at least a couple of minutes. One morning they only offered a buffet breakfast, but the layout of the buffet was so awkward another guest made a joke about it and made a point of mentioning it to one of the waiters. We would never eat breakfast here if we had to pay for it.

The beach was lovely when we finally got to enjoy it on Saturday. Again, service was an issue. Service was very inconsistent. Some servers seemed attentive and joked around with the people they waited on, whereas I had to walk up to the stand to get a menu and let someone know we wanted something to eat/drink. I couldn’t even wave someone down to take our tray away when we were finished, luckily the people next to me helped me out by getting their server’s attention.

Finally, as we were checking out and got the final bill, the breakfasts that we had been told would be comped were still on the bill. They took them off the bill, but it was a sad reminder of the poor service we experienced throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view or a high floor unless you want to stare at a wall. The 4-7 floor rooms are only...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 801NYC
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This is a fantastic hotel and if you really want to spoil yourself then book a beach front room , my room took up the whole 14th Floor with a wrap around balcony on 3 sides giving the most amazing views. Service was very good and the Sunday Brunch Brilliant, great value for money but really busy you must book.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends