“That s such a pleasure!”
Review of Soho Beach House

Soho Beach House
Ranked #105 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 4 March 2014

By far my favorite beach in Miami. I LOVE the service here! Words can't describe how yummy the dirty burger is and the smoothies are refreshing. I also get the shrimp and quinoa salad which is just perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We arrived too early for check in, but nothing was a problem. Access granted, coffee in hand, we realised everything would be fine after the zoo and madness of Collins Ave. An oasis of style and charm, access to the beach is through a delightful shady treelined area, and the beach staff warm, friendly and helpful. Our room was fantastic, with views across the beach and ocean. Massively pleasing and very relaxing. A real discovery.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

Mama, upgrade yourself and book a room, even the gym was good, how do you make a gym smell good?
Drunk on love and Tequilla pineapples for days, in room bar service -great, poolside bar service -better- and coffee and coconut water in constant supply for the following day.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank brad d
Reviewed 19 January 2014

As a Soho House member I knew what to expect - the building had the classic Soho House interior deco and touches. And the room was genuinely fantastic. So spacious and incredibly well thought through. The shower was pure heaven. But there are definetly some negatives to this hotel - firstly - they seemed massively understaffed. We arrived at 3 to check in and were told the room was not ready yet but would be 20mins. We had a drink at the bar and returned at 4 to be told the room stil was not ready and would be another 30mins. At this point I got cross and they offered us a bottle of prosecco to make up for the issues (which was nice - at least they care!). We finally get to the room and wait for the luggage to be delivered for another hour. And had to remind them of their offer of the free bottle. All in all not really up to scratch.

The other thing that is odd about the Miami House is that due to their tie up with Cecconis the ground floor is a public space and overrun with people (particularly Sunday brunch) - they definetly don't retain that private policy that is prevalent at the European houses. Particuarly weird is that you have to walk through the restaurant in your bikini to get to the pool! Finally they just don't open any of their other areas. The entire time we were there neither the tiki bar at the end of the property nor the roof top bar (which looked great) were ever open. Granted it wasn't pure sunshine but having just the one bar as communal space was a little claustraphobic.

Overall - I can't comment on how this compares to other places in Miami - I think they have all the elements to be a great hotel but I think the management needs to look at some changes to get there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank esmerelda81
Reviewed 12 January 2014

During our stay we found the staff to be super friendly and attentive. The atmosphere here is understated chic. We loved all the common areas which provided a rustic yet warm environment. Especially the separate outdoor lounge area and library upstairs. Anyone in the design business would appreciate the finishes and attention to detail here. Rooms were well appointed, in fact they provided every amenity you might need in case you forgot something, including a hair straightening iron. The room also provided a silver coffee and tea station with mini muffins so there was no need to run out for your morning joe.
The lounge beds at the pool were super comfortable and the beach was also very nice although the service at the beach was really really slow. The staff just couldn't keep up with the demand for food and water.
We enjoyed the breakfast and lunch menu at the pool and beach. We also went several times to Cecconis which has a great vibe although the food is pretty average.
Soho no doubt caters to a younger professional crowd. Even though we are a "young" 50 something couple we would return... one of the best in south beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lkchgo
Reviewed 20 November 2013

As a member of the Soho House Clubs and a huge fan of all of their properties I have previously visited and stayed at I was desperate to try Soho Beach House and seized the opp last week whilst in Miami.

I was unlucky with the weather and it howled with wind and rain from the time of my check in until the next morning when I was due to check out! The hotel needs the sun and the light to make it work for me. in the rain it felt sad and dark but the staff were truly wonderful. They were kind, friendly, super attentive and the breakfast buffet was superb and the programme of events (lecture by eminent American artist and fab live jazz ) wonderful.

I was however disappointed with Ceconi's restaurant at the hotel, whilst the dining room was beautiful and the service perfect (thank you Diego) myself and my guest both thought the food quite mediocre, especially considering the food at the London outpost of Ceconi's is rather good as a rule.

The food in the club bar was fabulous - tapas style dishes with a Latin flavour and one of the managers, Stephanie was the perfect host.

My room was one of the small corner rooms with a view of the beach, a tiny balcony and not much light as the main window is quite close to big white wall belonging to the megalithic Fontainbleu next door. I imagine that on a bight sunny day it would all feel rather different.

My bed was divine but the linens a little scratchy (they didn't feel like fine Egyptian cotton even though I am sure that they probably are) The duvet was lovely and the signature cowshed products in the bathrooms are great. I didn't love the décor but that's just personal .

the morning I was checking out the rain stopped and the sun came out a little and I was able to take advantage of a quick recline on one of the lovely beach loungers and enjoy a coffee looking out and the still choppy Atlantic. The guys running the beach club were wonderful, attentive and chatty and I was really sorry that I had to leave as I know from friends that the place comes alive in the sun.

Will I return? yes in heartbeat and pray that the sun shines!

Room Tip: Soho Beach House isn't cheap but if you can afford it splash out on a room with a larger balcony...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank rosiemrh
Reviewed 15 November 2013

For my first time in Miami I stayed at the Soho Beach House Miami for 9 days with my wife. I can only say positive things about this hotel. Staff are friendly and incredibly attentive, facilities are all that you would want. There is a real feeling that nothing is too much trouble and that everyone wants you to have an amazing experience.On the first night there was some noise from the room above. I informed the staff and without me asking they moved us to a different room - no further noise for the entire trip. I could go on - the pool, the club, the spa, the beach, Cecconi's restaurant but probably best to discover these for yourself.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple