We stayed at SoFi for 3 nights during our trip through the East Coast. The only good point we found after being there is that it is located few minutes from the beach.
When we first arrived at the hotel there was nobody in the reception, so we had to wait 2 hours for someone to come. We showed them the reservation but they didn’t know anything about our reservation and a deposit of $180 we paid months before. Luckily in the end they found it… But we weren’t given the apartment we were supposed to have; they gave us another one which had been quickly and badly cleaned to accommodate us. We even found earrings and the trash can was full of previous guest’s garbage…
We parked our car in the street in front of the hotel, which we thought was free to park, because they didn’t tell us anything about the parking they have in the rear part, so we got a $50 traffic ticket for parking in the street. It was our fault, but they could at least tell us that they had a parking for guests… Well, after that, we moved our car to the parking lot and the rude man in charge of the parking told us that there was no space for our car and we had to find somewhere else to park. Of course, we went to speak to the manager and after complaining we left our car in the parking but we had to give our car keys to that man that didn’t inspire any confidence.
The apartment was quite untidy, there was dust everywhere. A lot of knifes, spoons, forks, plates and one TV in one of the bedrooms were missing… There was a combo washing machine/tumble dryer that washed but didn’t dry, so we had to take our wet clothes to a laundry. At night, when I was about to have a shower, 2 cockroaches came out the shower, and found some more dead in the other bathroom.
Next day we left our towels on the floor to be changed, but when we get the apartment in the evening they were exactly in the same place, so we went to reception to explain that and they were so surprised and called the maid service which was supposed to come in 1 hour, but turned to be 3.
The following day, same thing happened, we were out all day and when we arrived nothing had been changed, but we found one light turned on (because everybody knows your “secret” code to open the door). This time we couldn’t even contact anyone from the hotel…
In the end, we had a very bad experience and felt it had been a waste of money, because it was like $300 per night, and a mandatory cleaning fee of $60 (I don’t know what they understand for cleaning…).
So, please, if you are considering staying here, I recommend you to start looking for alternatives, there are a lot hotels and apartments in the area. Probably cheaper and better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic and sophisticated, each of the LUXURY Suites and Junior Suites offers a wide space and consists of an entrance, an open kitchen, a lounge/dining-room, a separate bedroom with a large double bed, a large dressing room and a bathroom with a walk-in shower.Decorated in a "modern minimalist" style, these Suites/Apartments are full of calmness and serenity. They impress by the size and brightness of space and the functionality of the equipments.The suites are non smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your First SoFi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1st Sofi
- First Sofi Hotel Miami Beach
- First SoFi Miami Beach, Florida