“Average hotel”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #170 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Hotel, although not luxurious, is extremely clean. The lobby is huge with lots of funky shaped couches and chairs and has a coffee machine where you can buy a cup for $1.

The rooms are basic- carpeted, double beds, flat screen tv, armchair, glass top desk and office chair. The bathrooms are quite old but clean and both shower and toilet worked well. The water in the shower, although plentiful, goes from one extreme to the next- very cold to very hot on its own and difficult to set at the desired temperature. The closet is strangely huge compared to any other hotel I have visited and is a walk- in one which housed the in room safe and coffee maker and refrigerator.

The staff- everyone was appropriately polite, pleasant but under no circumstance will they treat you like "family". Rather, they will attend to your need but will not go beyond your bare request and move on to the next guest. There is an on site concierge who will arrange tours for you.

The location- hotel is close to every kind of restaurant you can imagine within walking distance- IHOP, Denny's, Noman's American Grill (best diablo wings), others served Peruvian, Cuban, Brazilian, Seafood and countless others.

Also nearby and across the street is a Walgreens and a few blocks down is a massive Publix Supermarket. I did not use the beach and pool so I cannot comment thereon. So, if you are not seeking luxury but convenience- try the Deauville.

Room Tip: My room was 1408 and had an amazing view of the beach
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,734)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel was classic 1950's/1960's Miami Beach. As I was checking in, with an assistant manager at the front desk, I was approached by a security guard telling me I could not take my small cooler to the pool, etc. I explained that I was checking in and trying to text my husband to make sure we had everything out of the car. He continued to explain while I was attempting to check in, etc. I told him I got it, it would not leave the room, etc. He continued until I lost my patience all the while the assistant manager did nothing. This was not a good first impression. The room was fine with two flat screen tvs. The restaurant in the main lobby was having a grand opening. The food was unacceptable, not fresh, and took almost an hour. The staff didn't know
the menu to suggest items. It seemed it was their first day working in a restaurant period. The elevator situation was completely absurd! Only 2 of the 4 were working, so trying to reach your room or lobby took a long time! It was especially annoying during high traffic times such as check in and out. The pool area and beach were nice. With all the great places to stay in Miami, I would not choose here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

After reading previous review I thought my trip would be horrible. But it was in the perfect location and the right price. I was not there to spend alot of time in the room anyway. My rooms was on the sixth and the fourth floors. The sixth floor room had a better view and a flat screen tv. The fourth floor room had a fresh coat of paint but no hot water.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is managed to achieve quantity not quality. Staff in general not very friendly, as well not helpful at all.

Parking is expensive in a garage opposite of the hotel 2 walking minutes.

Breakfast is from a poor quality somewhere in the basement. Service staff is just doing their job without any special effort. Food quality and variety is not the best, but still acceptable.

Our oceanfront room in one of the upper floors had an breath taking view to the atlantic ocean, the room it self is acceptable due to the low rate we have paid.

Coffee automat at the lobby took often the money without giving money. A complain to the front office was ignored, the staff just asked "So what do you want? You want me to pay your money back?" Unaaceptable

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was part of a wedding party that had its reception at this hotel the weekend of November 2nd. Upon arrival I was thrown back by how old and classic this resort seemed. Upon arrival the valet did not speak much english which made for understanding them and ability to respond back difficult. Off the bat I noticed they had several security guards who I assumed were as they were wearing all black and had radios. Most of them standing in front of stairs, doors and other areas. This gives me the odd feeling that they need added security for what reason other than to make sure things do not get out of hand. While walking towards the reception I asked one of the security guards where is the restroom. He pointed to a general area and advised me and I quote "there is a sign that says restroom over there, thats where the restroom will be". Mind you the way it was said gave me the impression I was bothering them and that they had an attitude over me not able to see a sign that said just what I was asking. As I was in the restroom I noticed the same security guard came in and was standing there just monitoring things in the restroom. Taken back by this I asked him, does this staff always follow others into the restroom, is it for the safety of others and also to protect theft of toilet paper? Ridiculous.

This was one of many things that irritated me about this place. It do not get why anyone would want to stay here as the place is run down, its a dump and only thing it has going for it is access to the beach. The rest is garbage and this is the opinion I see of others as well.

Arrogance of workers is also a direct reflect on management as why would you hire anyone to be this way to those who want to have a good time there and spend money.

This place will never see me again and will advise others to simply take your money and time elsewhere.

HORRIBLE place......!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Ok so i booked this hotel for my stay n then read all the terrible reviews..i decided to cancel my booking from this hotel n book a better hotel but because of some issues i cudnt do that..v had booked a beach facing room for a night and to my surprise it turned out to be amazing ..it had smazing views right opposite the beach n v quiet..although i did nt use the facilities n pool thr but it ws a good stay n the rooms were also v clean..the hotel looks old from outside but i guess the room behind were renovated and pretty good for the price.

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank richarajesh
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I wanted to try a different hotel to celebrate my birthday. I stay in North Miami beach because its beautiful and hotels on the beach I stayed October 26 through October 27th. The hotel looks nice from the outside. The lobby was nice but staff not so friendly. You stand in line and they don't recognize you. They are friendly and don't speak English well. Parking sucks for $30 you have to park across the street and then walk over to the Hotel. Now my room was a ocean view which the view was the best park of the stay. My room number was 618 and all the doors had a peep hole to see who's on the other side mine didn't. (BIG MAJOR SAFTY ISSUE). No Ironing board in the room. It's not worth the money at all. They held a $100 deposit on my card and then triple charged me. I called them back every day for a week and had to threaten a lawsuit before the none ENGLISH speaking manager called be back trying to out talk me. They ruin my 41st birthday celebration. On top of that my boyfriend fell in our room tripping over the unsafe carpet (2nd MAJOR SAFTY ISSUE) although we aren't looking to sue they were unconcern with his fractured hand. Just simply a horrible hotel.

Room Tip: Try Miami Beach Resort or Fountain Blu the extra money is well worth it
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple