“Historic Hotel but Outdated and Terrible Service”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #172 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We hosted our wedding at the Deauville and this review is purely for the hotel rooms and accommodation, not the actual event services.

Walking into the room you might be shocked...Everything is old and not dirty per se, but worn out and not nice at all. Fixtures, the bathroom..just not what you'd expect, to be honest. This was booked through our wedding group booking so we thought we'd get much better treatment..

Worst was the service. My friends who booked the room tried for hours to get the room service menu in English as it was only in Spanish in the room. Employees would not understand their requests, speak English well, or just not do what they promised. Simple requests took hours to fulfil.

The pool area is nice and the beach is great, but then again, you could choose another hotel and get the same beach.

Walls are thin and you can hear what goes on in other rooms.

Plus points: Amazingly beautiful lobby, some employees give amazing service, lots of historic value, and the Jazz Club is great. Wonderful for day events also!! Food is great so their catering department is on point.

Would not recommend staying here overnight really, unfortunately. There are much better hotels around in this city!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,726)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

the resort is at good location if you are interested only in beach. Center downtown is 15 min by bus.. The resort need renovation.. The lifts does not work..the carpets are old and smelly.. The room service people only speak Spanish. The bathrooms are yaakkk. Will never recommend anybody for a stay..

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Kaushik M
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Hotel, although not luxurious, is extremely clean. The lobby is huge with lots of funky shaped couches and chairs and has a coffee machine where you can buy a cup for $1.

The rooms are basic- carpeted, double beds, flat screen tv, armchair, glass top desk and office chair. The bathrooms are quite old but clean and both shower and toilet worked well. The water in the shower, although plentiful, goes from one extreme to the next- very cold to very hot on its own and difficult to set at the desired temperature. The closet is strangely huge compared to any other hotel I have visited and is a walk- in one which housed the in room safe and coffee maker and refrigerator.

The staff- everyone was appropriately polite, pleasant but under no circumstance will they treat you like "family". Rather, they will attend to your need but will not go beyond your bare request and move on to the next guest. There is an on site concierge who will arrange tours for you.

The location- hotel is close to every kind of restaurant you can imagine within walking distance- IHOP, Denny's, Noman's American Grill (best diablo wings), others served Peruvian, Cuban, Brazilian, Seafood and countless others.

Also nearby and across the street is a Walgreens and a few blocks down is a massive Publix Supermarket. I did not use the beach and pool so I cannot comment thereon. So, if you are not seeking luxury but convenience- try the Deauville.

Room Tip: My room was 1408 and had an amazing view of the beach
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel was classic 1950's/1960's Miami Beach. As I was checking in, with an assistant manager at the front desk, I was approached by a security guard telling me I could not take my small cooler to the pool, etc. I explained that I was checking in and trying to text my husband to make sure we had everything out of the car. He continued to explain while I was attempting to check in, etc. I told him I got it, it would not leave the room, etc. He continued until I lost my patience all the while the assistant manager did nothing. This was not a good first impression. The room was fine with two flat screen tvs. The restaurant in the main lobby was having a grand opening. The food was unacceptable, not fresh, and took almost an hour. The staff didn't know
the menu to suggest items. It seemed it was their first day working in a restaurant period. The elevator situation was completely absurd! Only 2 of the 4 were working, so trying to reach your room or lobby took a long time! It was especially annoying during high traffic times such as check in and out. The pool area and beach were nice. With all the great places to stay in Miami, I would not choose here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2013

After reading previous review I thought my trip would be horrible. But it was in the perfect location and the right price. I was not there to spend alot of time in the room anyway. My rooms was on the sixth and the fourth floors. The sixth floor room had a better view and a flat screen tv. The fourth floor room had a fresh coat of paint but no hot water.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is managed to achieve quantity not quality. Staff in general not very friendly, as well not helpful at all.

Parking is expensive in a garage opposite of the hotel 2 walking minutes.

Breakfast is from a poor quality somewhere in the basement. Service staff is just doing their job without any special effort. Food quality and variety is not the best, but still acceptable.

Our oceanfront room in one of the upper floors had an breath taking view to the atlantic ocean, the room it self is acceptable due to the low rate we have paid.

Coffee automat at the lobby took often the money without giving money. A complain to the front office was ignored, the staff just asked "So what do you want? You want me to pay your money back?" Unaaceptable

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I was part of a wedding party that had its reception at this hotel the weekend of November 2nd. Upon arrival I was thrown back by how old and classic this resort seemed. Upon arrival the valet did not speak much english which made for understanding them and ability to respond back difficult. Off the bat I noticed they had several security guards who I assumed were as they were wearing all black and had radios. Most of them standing in front of stairs, doors and other areas. This gives me the odd feeling that they need added security for what reason other than to make sure things do not get out of hand. While walking towards the reception I asked one of the security guards where is the restroom. He pointed to a general area and advised me and I quote "there is a sign that says restroom over there, thats where the restroom will be". Mind you the way it was said gave me the impression I was bothering them and that they had an attitude over me not able to see a sign that said just what I was asking. As I was in the restroom I noticed the same security guard came in and was standing there just monitoring things in the restroom. Taken back by this I asked him, does this staff always follow others into the restroom, is it for the safety of others and also to protect theft of toilet paper? Ridiculous.

This was one of many things that irritated me about this place. It do not get why anyone would want to stay here as the place is run down, its a dump and only thing it has going for it is access to the beach. The rest is garbage and this is the opinion I see of others as well.

Arrogance of workers is also a direct reflect on management as why would you hire anyone to be this way to those who want to have a good time there and spend money.

This place will never see me again and will advise others to simply take your money and time elsewhere.

HORRIBLE place......!