We had to book a trip to Miami for new year party on a very short notice and there were almost no brand hotels available between 30-70th streets on Collins Avenue where we needed to stay. Expedia also said there were rooms available but when we called Deauville directly there were a few rooms left. I was shocked after reading most people reviews and complains but we gave it a try and was not disappointed. The hotel is very old, you can see it in all public areas except pool area that has received new beach furniture lately. Keep in mind that some floors are not renovated opposed to others (we stayed on a fine one - 11th floor).
We paid $996 for 3 nights for standard king bed room with ocean view (booked 1 day in advance). What you get is a decent size room with pretty comfortable king bed, flat screen tv, small fridge, safe, iron/board, hair dryer, glass desk and chair. The bathroom looked well cleaned but seen a lot of use and that makes you don't want to spend too much time there. My guess is rooms differ greatly from each other, so keep changing until you're satisfied. Wireless internet is available in all areas free of charge.
We didn't use any of the service or spoke with any of the staff but the most reviewers are correct, in general staff in Miami is arrogant and not helpful. In particular the Bartender in hotel lobby barely spoke English and didn't know how to make Long Island iced tea. Keep in mind that the hotel is rather big and staff has a lot of rooms to take care of. Do not expect the level of service anywhere near you get in Marriott/Hyatt/other chains or small boutique hotels.
In summary this is an OK hotel to spend nights in Miami beach if better alternative is not available/affordable to you. I can tell that the hotel is worth $100-$200 per night but not more than that. Be aware of Miami hotel tax and $20 per day resort fee. The hotel has valet parking for $30 overnight. Hotel check in/out is 11am/4pm. They will store your bag for free until check in if you arrive early of for $5 per bag on checkout day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Steeped in pop culture history; Deauville Beach Resort is not only a present day getaway favorite, it is also historically an all-star Hollywood destination. Its most historic moment came in 1964 when Ed Sullivan brought his celebrated "Really Big Show" to the hotel's Napoleon Ballroom featuring what was to become one of the biggest music groups in history --The Beatles. Deauville Beach Resort's history of glitz and glamour has been long in the making before the memorable 1964 presence of The Beatles. The hotel was a favorite of the 1950's and 60's stars such as Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, Joey Bishop and Tony Bennett, to just name a few. They were attracted to the Deauville for both: professional and personal reasons. Holding packed-house performances at the famed Napoleon Ballroom and at the same time enjoying one of America's finest beach destinations. In 1957, the Deauville Beach Resort was reconstructed following the MiMo architecture aesthetics. It received the "Hotel of the Year" award and gave rise to the jewel it is today. Its doors reopened to a fully booked season of glamour, which set forth the coming of a new era for the Deauville. One of the jet-setting events at the hotel and Miami Beach's history was the creation of the "Cavalcade of Stars" show in 1959. Created by hotelier Morris Lansburg, guests from various neighboring hotels were transported to the Deauville for an unforgettable evening of all-star entertainment. Some of the world's most loved stars performed in the Napoleon Ballroom during these so called "rolling parties." Stars featured in the lineup included Red Buttons, Lonesome George Gobel, Judy Garland, Louis Armstrong, Sophie Tucker, The Ritz Brothers, Connie Francis and Tony Bennett. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deauville Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deauville Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Deauville Beach Miami
- Deauville Hotel Miami
- The Deauville Beach Resort
- Deauville Beach Resort Miami Beach, Florida