“Nice view, quiet location close to fun”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #170 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Lebanon, Ohio
“Nice view, quiet location close to fun”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Amazing view. Oceanfront room very economical. Dated rooms, relatively clean... Similar to an economy hotel. HOWEVER we left with a bad taste in our mouth after discovering we'd been charged a mandatory "resort" fee of 20 per day. This was NOT included in the Booking.com rate and is a very deceptive practice the hotel uses. Overall not a bad stay but not STELLAR. either. Friendly staff. The view and location made up for a lot though!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Hughesml123
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Hughesml123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as our valued guest here at the Deauville Beach Resort.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel has to be removed completely. There is no point of remodeling it. Won't help. It seems like nobody is even maintaining this hotel. The room we checked in wasn't clean. Doors, carpet, beds, sheets, pillows, everything are old. Hallways look like you are in a military hospital. And it's not cheap. I paid $400 for the room excluding breakfast, plus $20 per day ??? Please never stay at this hotel. It's dirty....

• Stayed March 2014
Dear LadyKS1234,

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Spent 3 days @ Deauville on a partial ocean view room, and we found it quite acceptable. I see the overall ratings in tripadvisor are currently at average level, to which I agree. I might say it is slightly better than that because our room was nice, but a basic room (city view) would have not gotten above "poor" level.

Our first night we got late to the hotel and were told they were overbooked, so we were sent to another hotel nearby, which was much worse. So bad score on them for overbooking. However, we spoke witht the manager the day after since we were quite disappointed, and got an upgrade to compensate.

So the facilities might be just average, but the staff and management were good.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saul L
Dear Saul L,

We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

East Patchogue, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed here over 10 times. Unfortunately due to the size of the convention I attend there aren't mainly options for us.

First and foremost most difficult fact to swallow is that many of the staff don't speak English. So get any solutions to items falls upon deaf ears. However, it is really hard to understand why they can't even say Hello when you pass them in the hall. I tried getting an umbrella by the pool for the towel attendant and all he kept saying was manger.

The rooms are dirty and need a good cleaning. The carpets probably should all be replaced. We had a refrigerator but it was not working.

Room Tip: My advise is to call several times to check that your reservation is what you asked for.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bryan T
Dear Bryan T ,

Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went to this hotel for a wedding and was really disappointed. Upon arrival, several employees approached to take our luggage and were very courteous. Once we told them that we would take our own luggage, the courtesy stopped. We checked in and found out there was an additional $20 service fee per day, which they stated covered the use of the pool, lobby, etc. Bogus charge to me\, so I complained and finally they removed it from my bill.

They charge an additional $20 per day for valet parking. There is no parking in Miami Beach....or very little. You'll have to drive around forever to find a spot. Parking garages are $25 a day.

Upon entering the room we found it to be old, the carpet was not clean and although we did have a small refrigerator, we had no microwave?? We were informed that the higher priced rooms had microwaves. Naturally. So, I asked if there was at least one on the floor. Nope!

The wedding we were attending was located next to the pool. It was well done and met the occasion. However, the pool was full of vacationers and the back of the pool was directly behind the ceremony stage and people kept going behind the stage area to see the wedding! The staff finally got them all to move away!!

The wedding went great and the reception rooms were neat and clean.

My sister got cold as there was only a sheet on each bed. She called the desk three times asking for a blanket. After 2 hours she gave up. We got word to the bride of our problem and the staff responded within 15 min.??

The carpeting throughout the hotel was old and in some places curling up. Very dirty too!! They said they were slowly remodeling, but I saw no proof of that.

We went to the poolside bar for a drink one evening and found the drinks to be watered down and
$12.50 each. Glasses were crammed with ice. We left.

The beds were hard and only had sheets on them. There were no blankets in the room.

On Sunday morning, we found there to be a buffet downstairs. It was very good, but at $20 per person.....disappointing.

Upon checking out, there was a lot of people leaving on Sunday morning and it was totally a mess getting cars in and out.

The carpets were dirty and old. Services seemed to be dependent upon which room you choose.
Service was poor.

I would not go there again for the money. There are plenty of other places that offer a lot more and treat you like they are happy you stayed there.

Room Tip: I imagine if you're willing to fork out the maximum price for an ocean view room, you might be h...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank strobeone
Dear strobeone,

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Last December 2013 to january 2014 my friends and I, stayed at the Deauville Hotel to spend our new year's holidays.

We had a great time there, even though some few bad items, everything else was perfect.

When we wanted to do the check out, we pay separately with 4 differents credit cards, and we happily returned to our country.

The thing is that in march 2014, last week, my Bank called me telling me that my credit card was being used in the States on this days, but with me being in my country(Chile). The next day my friends called me telling me the same with their credit cards, that were Cloned, even this can be some times refunded, it's a very waste of time experience, and of course the only answer to this, that this credit cards were cloned in your Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rose M
Dear Rose M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are dismayed to hear you encountered some credit card issues during your stay in the United States however our beach resort is in no form or fashion responsible nor do we have any involvement in this matter.

We value you as our guest and do hope that your bank and or credit card provider were able to expedite a resolution to your personal financial matter.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your recent vacation.

Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed in this resort for a work function so I had no choice as to anything to do with my accommodations or location. As I normally do, I looked up the location on Trip advisor and found so many displeased guests that I was almost dreading my soon to be experience. On arrival at the hotel, I found the main lobby to be very nice and the front desk people attentive and helpful. I was given my room key and found my room on the 8th floor to be very nicely decorated. Yes, there was no place to unpack my items. Nor anything to put my suitcase on except for the usual suitcase stand thing that looks like a little folding stool with not seat only two cross belt type things. I used the ironing board as a table for my suitcase in the very large closet. I did have a room with a balcony which overlooked the ocean. It was beautiful. I was very pleased. The bathroom does need updating. Small cracks in the plaster showing the age of the building as well as a very slow draining tub. Now, I do have to say, our party of approximately 70 women and 10 men were at that time all getting ready to go out for dinner, all staying on the same side of the hotel, after a day of a work out of a scavenger hunt in South Beach, showering. I can't say I have been in any hotel nor resort where the plumbing didn't behave similarly during that type of simultaneous high usage. Yes, the room was cold, so I put the blankets supplied by the hotel that were in the top of the closet on the beds, turned the A/C to a higher temperature making it more comfortable and presto! Decent for a good night's sleep. Loved the black out shades!! :) We used the area by the pool for a meet and great lounge function with bartender and all. Was lovely. Used the area overlooking the pool with very large windows for the morning continental breakfast, was lovely. We also used the restaurant / bar / lounge for several other events and found the staff attentive, helpful and pleasant. I used both the local buses and the taxis. I found both great and easy to use. Taxis were across the street at all times right beside the Wallgreen's directly across the street, which was very nice for the "I forgot to bring" situation or a late night snack or the tiny built in food stand out front with 'papa rellena' or 'tamales' was perfect. The transit system was easy to use and I was able to access it through my google maps app by typing in my destination and transit options. The wifi at the hotel worked no matter where I was in the hotel.
I had a great time and found the hotel pleasant. I also loved the history of this place.

Room Tip: I was pleased with the balcony room overlooking the ocean / beach. I read on Tripadvisor that the ba...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeannette M
Dear Jeannette M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We will take your feedback into great consideration. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as our valued guest here at the Deauville Beach Resort.