4,735 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Worst hotel shower in existence (room 1430). Either scalding or freezing, with a 90 second temperature lag. If this was not on the beach it would likely have hourly rates. Pool was disgusting by 5 pm - very dirty facility. Food trash left overnight at the pool was still there at noon the next day and crows were feeding on it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear BQuinn5,

Thank you for taking time to offer us your review. We appreciate our guest's feedback during their in house experience as well as post stay. Every bit of information is a valuable to our training and daily operations programs.

I do regret that we were not notified of the issue with the shower during your stay. I would have gladly taking the time to view guest rooms that may have had a more effective shower head.

In regards tot he pool area we are dismayed to hear that this occurred during your visit. It is not customary, for our guests or staff of the beachfront pool and tiki bar area, to leave litter behind at any point of the day. We will take this under advisement to assure we never have that impression for future guests.

We thank you so very much for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort.

Warm Regards,

The Staff of the Deauville Beach Resort

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The rooms on the website look fabulous. The room in person looks like a run down motel 6. Our door looked like someone tried to kick it down. The shower head was rusted. The tub looked like someone was living in it because it had all these black stains. I would leave the room in the morning and come back around 5 and housekeeping hadn't arrived to provide towels or anything. Personnel in charge of reservation told us one thing but when we got to the hotel, the staff said something else and didn't honor our reservation properly. I understand every company has policies and procedures BUT if a guest is quoted incorrectly, it should not fall at the fault of the guest. After all the hussle and bustle they gave us a free bottle of water. :-/
Positives: the access to the beach, the access to the beach, the lobby is nice, it has a tiki bar that closes at 5. You get beach chairs that they take away at 5. You get an umbrella for $20 a day that they also take away at 5.
I'm not a negative person at all. I work in the customer service industry. I feel that it is ALWAYS important to give the customer the ultimate experience because you never know who you may come across- the owner or his/ her relatives, a mystery shopper, or anyone. Johnathon and Byron were VERY polite though.

5  Thank Gruntgrunt87
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Gruntgrunt87,

Thank you for posting your review. We appreciate you providing us valuable information regarding your guest experience. We will take your feedback into great consideration. We are constantly making improvements on this landmark property.We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I was nickel and dimes to DEATH. $30 a day to park...wait WHAT???? And Why am I paying a $20/day resort fee for internet that does not work and for the use of towels they charge you $15 for if you don't return by 6pm. Granted the charges were reversed but I had to jump through unnecessary hoops. The front desk staff... Smh!!! One of them didn't know anything, one was quite efficient but they didn't teach him hospitality in hotel management class and then we have the guy that says no problem to everything before you get your sentence out and does it WRONG because he wasn't taking the time to understand your needs in the first place. Now housekeeping... Nothing wrong with an all Spanish speaking staff and I understand the clientele is predominantly Spanish speaking but I am not. However, I do try!!! I'm making gestures, pointing (all I wanted was a clean face cloth and towel). Had I seen where she got it from I would've just taken it but I was trying not to be rude. I called the front desk and Mr. No Problem was on top of "nothing". Ok. I'm going to stop now. I just wanted to go and relax I didn't want to fuss and fight and haggle or be haggled but it's what I got. So next time I'm going with my gut. If you don't mind that type of grind on your vacation by all means. It's in a decent area.

1  Thank Imuhpoit

Dear Imuhpoit,

Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate you providing us valuable information regarding your guest experience. We will take your feedback into great consideration. We aim to provide excellent customer service and an enjoyable experiences for each our guest. We are disappointed to hear that your expectations were not met and will use your feedback as a tool to improve our service.

Thank you for choosing The Deauville Beach Resort.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We reviewed the different opinions on this hotel on the road. We were not that optimistic...

But what a nice surprise!
Staff was rather gentle, parking was just on the other side of the road, the room was wide and renovated, the sight from the 14th north was amazing: seesight and city sight !
Location is great on the beach and the pool is very nice.
10 min by car to Ocean drive and Lincoln mall without the inconvenients of this never sleeping area... what else, George?

Bathroom could be renovated and double windows would be better for the environment and confort (less energy for cooling and less noise).

Next time we come to Miami, for sure, we will choose for Deauville

Room Tip: As from 14th floor, north side !
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Olivier P

Dear Olivier P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Deauville Beach Resort. It is true that we are centrally located and we have some of the best ocean views in Miami Beach!

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The location of the hotel is great but its all down hill from there. The 20 buck per day resort fee is absurd! The tiles from the elevator up is dirty and cracked. The hotel hallways look as if your in a seedy motel down a back alley. It was dark and dingy and the carpet was dirty and ratty. The paint job seems as it was supposed to freshen up the look but it was done poorly. The mattresses in the room had to be 20 years old due to the lumps and the dips, it slept horribly. The bathroom sink was clogged, the vents and the shower curtain rod was rusted out. There had to be at least a two inch gap under the room door. The hot tub was not filled completely and it was dirty and cracked. The view out the room of the hotel showed a crumbling, badly maintained building. This hotel needs to be closed for a year and renovated from top to bottom because its not cheap to stay there but you kinda feel robbed!

1  Thank parkforester
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear parkforester,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are disappointed to hear that your expectations were not met and will use your feedback as a tool to improve our service.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort!