4,735 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel for business. The staff is completely indifferent to any request made by guests. I even had one staff member that I walked up to who is having a conversation in English with another staff member and when I asked the question of them, they told me that they only spoke Spanish. When I pointed out that I'd heard them speaking fluent English just moments before they simply walked away. They actually go out of their way to ignore guest requests, regardless of how significant or trivial.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank LICritter
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Critter ,

Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate you providing us valuable information regarding your guest experience. We will take your feedback into great consideration. We aim to provide excellent customer service and an enjoyable experience for each our guest. We are disappointed to hear that your expectations were not met and will use your feedback as a tool to improve our service.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent a weekend in Spring 2014 at the Deauville. It was a horrible experience. One positive, the staff was friendly. It stops there. It is a run down, old hotel. Horrible environment. You can hear everything in the neighboring rooms. It was loud 24 hours a day. There was fighting in the hall, drunk "kids" everywhere. No it was not springs break, but felt like it. The pool was disgusting, foamy, slimy and gross. We would not let our kids swim in it. We stuck to the beach. It is expensive and not worth the money at all. Will never go back there and highly recommend you don't either.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank J S

Dear JS,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The lobby and the Veiw is about the only thing this Hotel as going for itself. Expensive, shaby, needs bathroom upgrade, Nowhere to store clothing, $20 a day fees for things you would think are free ( lawn chair, towels, internet, the uses of the gym, etc.)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank James E

Dear James E ,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the great views and the luxurious lobby of the Deauville Beach Resort.

Thank you for posting your review! We appreciate you providing us valuable information regarding your guest experience. We will take your feedback into great consideration. We aim to provide excellent customer service and an enjoyable experiences for each our guest.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just spent 4 days at the Deauville for a dance competition. The public areas are awesome, the staff very attentive and the food wonderful. This hotel hosted the Beatles in 1964 and was a "Rat Pack" venue too.The beach and pool are beautiful. Though the rooms show their age, the furnishings are new and everything is clean. Can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cheryl Y

Dear Cheryl Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Deauville Beach Resort. We can't wait for you to return next year either!

Thank you for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Deauville really defines average on Miami Beach. It's highlight was back in the 1960's and has noticeable deferred maintenance. If you are used to traveling in Latin American this may not be a problem. If you are used to staying at nice 5 star resorts, the Deauville does not measure up. See Canyon Ranch or one of the other nearby hotels.

I was put in a newly remodeled room on the 11th floor. This meant the walls had a fresh coat of white wash. The carpet was dirty, the electrical receptacles were noticeably old, one was even loose when I plugged my laptop into it. The door to my room did not close properly and required me to slam it shut. I could hear noise from the hallway and from the adjacent rooms. The windows were dirty and blocked what would have been a wonderful view. And the windows did not open so I could not get fresh air into my room. The pool ran out of towels and we had to wait 2 hours before they could provide us with towels.

The self park was and extra $30 per day and no valet parking.

The front dest staff were polite and helpful, so this was not a bad place, It is just not maintained and operating at a level that I am used to.

Loved my morning walks on the beach. Walking distance to a Walgreens and a Publix grocery store. Loved the easy walking distance to a variety of nice restaurants with sidewalk seating.

Room Tip: Nice ocean views are available. Rooms at the end of the hall will be quieter from less traffic and only one adjoining room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank James D

Dear James D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Deauville Beach Resort. Nothing beats a nice long walk along the beach! We will take your comments into consideration as guest satisfaction is extremely important to us.

We would like the opportunity to have you as our guest in the near future as we are constantly making improvements on this landmark property.We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value.

If you do choose to visit again please feel free to contact me directly. I would be delighted to offer you the best rate available at the point of booking.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort!