“SUCH A WONDERFUL SURPRISE”

Deauville Beach Resort
Ranked #169 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
MIAMI BEACH
“SUCH A WONDERFUL SURPRISE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I had teh chance to stay at Deauville over Miss Florida pageant.
I have been granted access to a room at 11 am way before check in time but the superfriendly staff at the frint desk.
I wish i could rememebr teh name f the two ladies who helped me cuz they were absolutely lovely.
Not only they accomodated my request to get to my room quickly but upgraded me to a two beds.
Room was lovely and spacious.
Staff at the beach and pool bar were incredibly nice.
An absolutely lovelu experience.
And you better believe me since i live in south beach and i know the hotels around our area....

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RAMBLINGBULLET
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear RAMBLINGBULLET,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Deauville Beach Resort. We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your feedback about your recent visit. We are pleased to hear that you had a nice stay overall and we appreciate you highlighting the friendliness of our front office staff.

The Miss Florida Pageant was one of the most enjoyable events this year for the Deauville Beach Resort. We enjoyed all of the contestants and their guests. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we are honored to have met your expectations!

Thank you for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort and we hope to see you again in the future

The Deauville Beach Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This place is so poorly managed with rude inept staff that unless you are a broke traveler or a student will definitely ruin a dream vacation. If proper management and somebody with some serious money took over and renovated the place it would be a cool period style hotel. It's too far north of all the trendy shopping and dinning. A lot of very old guests but the lobby in its day was probably the bomb. Overall there are so many other nice places to stay on the beach that I would never stay here again

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank JAMES C
Dear JAMES C,

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us. It seems that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. We do welcome guests of all age groups and from all over the world. This is part of the charm of our landmark beach front resort. We not only have an illustrious past but an exciting future. This is reflected in the variety of repeat guests that we serve daily.

Unfortunately, it takes a couple of days for reviews to post on Trip Advisor. I would have liked the chance to meet you during your stay in order to know what was missing from your personal guest experience. I hope things did improve at some point during your dream vacation stay with us.

We always look for ways to improve and your feedback is informative. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm available to you in the future should you be returning to Miami Beach. It would be a pleasure to have you as our valued guest.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We are finishing our visit in Miami, staying 6 days in the worst hotel ever. Since yesterday they are welcoming a huge group of people partying and making so much noise, around the beach, the swimming pool, and corridors...even inside the lobby.
Regarding the room. We had no other choice than sleeping in separate beds, a shame! Both beds are crap, beside the little bugs we found, the mattress seem to have more than 10 years, I m ending with very bad back pain.

Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jean L
Dear Jean L,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your recent stay with us. It seems that your experience was not as you expected and we are deeply sorry for it. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. We do wish that you had communicated your concerns directly to the management team during your stay in order to for us to ensure your concerns were addressed.

We are located in the heart of Miami Beach and it is quite a festive area. In addition, you stayed during a very busy point in the season here. We certainly try to keep the hotel as peaceful and tranquil as possible but the city is often bustling. We apologize if other guests festivities interfered with you relaxation at any point during your recent stay. Our Security staff is here to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay and that you experience excellent service. The security team would have made every effort to accommodate you during your stay had they been informed of when the other guests were being disruptive.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband on Friday Feb 14, 2014. We arrived early for check in . The staff took our luggage & we had drink by the pool. Everything seemed to be going well, UNTIL they misplaced my luggage , took over a half hour to find . I had booked a room with 1 KING size bed with ocean view . It was ocean view but with 2 FULL size beds . Not so romantic on Valentine's day.
The bigger problem was the BUSLOADS of young teenagers from other countries . There was some sort of tour group at hotel. The teenagers are running around knocking into people . Beyond rude & the hotel had NO control over them. the room we stayed on must have been on the same floor with about 40 teenagers . They were running around at ALL hours of the night. They KNOCKED on my room door at 3:00 am. we called security who DID nothing . I was up the rest of the night worried about an intruder. They did nothing to accommodate me the next morning at check out . I left 2 messages NO ONE ever called me back.
This was the WORST stay of my life at any hotel . It was more along the lines of a glorified day care center & NO ONE spoke English.
DO NOT STAY HERE . Horrible customer service

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deborah M
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Deborah M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort.
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Had a great weekend, although rooms are a bit out dated not bad for the price $130.00 per night. Staff was courteous, very busy weekend lots of tourists and locals. But watch out for those hidden charges. In the Cafe de le Mer breakfast is at an average price all you can eat however they don't tell you that if you pay with a credit card they add a $5.00 sur charge, which no one in the hotel knew anything about. The same is true for anything you charge such as drinks at the tiki bar etc... All in all had a great time, I mean how could you not being on MIami Beach!!!

MiamiBabs

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MiamiBabs,

Thank you for your review of the Deauville Beach Resort. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Tiki Bar, pool and direct beach access.

We look forward to having you as our valued guest again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I went into this vacation with an open mind. I wanted to stay at the Hilton but was convinced to go for a more affordable hotel, and so I did.

The majority of the previous reviews are simply ignorant. Although the hotel workers are not completely fluent in English, you can understand them. And this is not a biased opinion considering I speak Spanish, my boyfriend does not and he said that he liked the environment and how friendly everyone was.

We arrived at the hotel at 2 and check in was not until 4 but were kindly helped to check in our bags and provided with wristbands to access the pool while we waited for our room to be ready. Once we checked in, our room was a good size with a king size bed. Everything was clean and there were plenty of towels provided. The majority of the reviews complained about little details but come on you are getting what you paid for and it was definitely excellent service and accommodations.

We took a walk all down collins ave to enjoy our view and we noticed that all these 4 or 5 star hotels had little to offer compared to our resort. The pools were very small and crowded with people. Meanwhile, the pool and beach at the Deauville were spacious enough to host not only enough guests but also groups of Sweet Fifteen-era who were staying at the hotel.

Although the location of the resort is not immediately located in South Beach, it was very centrally located within walking distances of amazing restaurants like Fifi's and an amazing French Bakery. Walgreens is right in front incase you needed a snack or forgot shampoo and conditioner like us.

The only downside about the hotel is that all of the water activities are not near. It will be a 4 mile walk or can ride. But it's better to walk because you can encounter the Coconut man, and have a refreshing coconut.

Overall our stay was amazing and we have no complains. If you do not like friendly hotel workers, good service and a spacious pool then I guess this is not the hotel for you, which then would mean why even go on vacation!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Vanessa R
Dear Vanessa R

I would like to thank you on the behalf of our staff for taking the time to offer us feedback regarding your recent stay. Customer Service is our top priority. We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations.

Thank you for being a valued guest. We look forward to having you and your friends as our guest again in the near future.
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Sandy -New Jersey-We rented the total of three rooms for a week. I love the oceanfront room with the balcony. I found the staff very friendly. We called the tech for some problem with the tv and they came into the room in minutes and took care of it. Beds are comfortables and the A/C are great. Hotel does not have parking, but you can find parking in the street, which is free meter from 6:00pm-8:00am and the rest of the day is very cheap. Two blocks away from the Publix supermarket and Liquor store. There is many places close by to have dinner. A taxi will cost $20.00 to South Beach (Ocean Drive). The negative things about this hotel is - rooms carperts should be vacuum everyday. Carperts should be shampoo, where there is stains. Also they should be more careful with some stains on the bed sheets. I dont care about pools, I am a ocean lover. But I noticed the pool needs more caring. I did my reservation directly to the hotel with Tommy and he gave us great service.

Room Tip: Oceanfront with balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Mai B, Guest Relations Manager at Deauville Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Sandra p,

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your accommodations and that our standard of service met your expectations. We pride ourselves on delivering our guest an enjoyable stay and providing a great value.

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Thank you again for choosing the Deauville Beach Resort