“Very nice stay.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
lisbon
“Very nice stay.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this property when it first opened, every year for 4 years and had many problems which were never satisfactorily solved. So for many years we went elsewhere. This year my husband and I decided to give it another chance as we love its location. I am very glad that we did as EVERYTHING went really well. The rooms have been revamped very simply but nice and fresh look, service and staff totally different attitudes, which was a huge problem in the early years. Only thing I would like to see would be a better internet service... but absolutely loved our stay and will definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

What a beautiful time we had with friends in South Beach. We practically lived poolside, where I ordered custom drinks from trips and times past. Every memory was accommodated and made present once more. The service was fabulously attentive and, well, memorable.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erica S
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, great location, very good food and efficiency check in. Room as are very noise ( you can listen you neighbors ( next rooms ) very nice beach some concern !!!! You need pay $25 for beach umbrellas !!!!! Funny ( is the matter if you are hotel guest.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

After touring 3 weeks through Florida and Caribbean i thought we end this vacation with the best. What else stand Ritz Carlton for. Bad decision. We arrived at the reception where we were asked for our credit Card. nothing like welcome, how was your trip...Then we proceed alone to our room, not like any other 5 star Hotel where someone from staff accompany you. Of course room keys didn't work, so back to the reception. No sorry, no nothing. Wow what a bad start. The room itself was ok, nothing fancy and still the dreaded shower curtain - like motel 6. We decided to go to the pool area, what we find was more kindergarten - it was full, it was loud and it was dirty. We asked someone for towels: you guess, no smile, no of course no nothing. how many? there you go. With every staff member of this hotel we got in contact it was the same. Fortunately we stayed only one night. A expensive and really wrong decision to book this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elijahnews178
Kevin K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very valuable as it helps us monitor the quality of the service we provide and drives us to constantly look for ways to improve.

I am genuinely disappointed to hear that you did not receive the warm welcome and genuine care that we pledge to provide at The Ritz-Carlton. I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused with your keys not working and the absence of apology from our Ladies and Gentlemen. I am also sorry to hear that our newly renovated rooms were not to your liking.

The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach appeals to many different types of travelers throughout the year including couples seeking getaways, business travelers, and families with children. Over certain periods, such as Easter, the hotel does tend to welcome more families travelling with children.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves during your next trip to Miami Beach, so you can experience the level of service we are known for.

Kevin Kelly
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed 15 April 2014

South Beach is a strange place, equally tacky and upscale, with swarms of tourists invading every available air-conditioned space when the sun is hot. Less grungy and more Euro than, say, Venice Beach, CA. I mention this because our stay at the Ritz-Carlton was a truly nice stay. However, the serenity and decorum of the other Ritz hotels I have been to was not maintained here, and I'm not sure that it can be. Our check-in was fine but there was a rather loud, tinny sounding band playing which made conversing with the desk staff a challenge. The bar upstairs by the pool was definitely serve yourself; one bartender and no visible servers. Grabbing breakfast on Sunday morning? Forget about it, the restaurant was overrun and even the staff seemed unprepared for the onslaught.

This hotel is definitely one of the nicer ones along the beach, and it seemed to be quite kid-friendly. But if you want that "swept away from it all" Ritz experience (which is why we plunked down the extra money), look elsewhere: South Beach won't allow Ritz-Carlton to be Ritz-Carlton.

Room Tip: You can save money not getting an ocean view, but since the hotel is right on the beach this is a pe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GolnyOtn
Kevin K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Good day,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay at our property and describe our hotel as being one of the nicest along the beach.

At the Ritz-Carlton, the genuine care and comfort of our guests is our highest mission. It is our number one priority to provide our guest with the finest personal service and Ritz-Carlton spirit. This is the reason why, I am truly sorry you felt that the Miami crowd might have affected the experience you had at our property. Please be assured that the experience you have described is not representative of the service we are renowned to provide at the Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. In this respect, please accest my sincere apology.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon so you to extend to you the standards of excellence you have come to expect from The Ritz-Carlton brand.

Kevin Kelly
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Location and quality are great, but what made me write this review is the kids friendly service which was perfect for me and my family. I have a 12 months little daughter and the hotel made a great set-up for us. Not only with a crib, but also a small extra refrigerator for her milk and baby food.

The rooms are very silent even if there (there was one) a party outside. The pool, restaurant and all the services were excellent to with the family. All the staff were very supportive to us and they were always friendly to my daughter.

It is a great family hotel in the middle of a party town like Miami beach. I don't think singles or young couples will enjoy it though, because there are many kinds around...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gzones1974
Bellevue
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is the least 'ritz' like ritz I have been to, but in a good way. The rooms are well finished as are the common areas. But, it did not have the typical pretentious, stuff feel of a Ritz.

The location is great and that is an issue in this area. Even hotels that are beach adjacent are not all that close. The Ritz is just separated by the beach front walking path.

The pool area and service there was great. Breakfast was good as was the bar. The hostesses in the dinning area adjacent to the bar were always lovely (not looking, but that too I suppose) and sweat, ready with a smile. That was actually a really neat part of the experience as they are strategically positioned at one of the main doors out to the pool/beach so it was a constant "hello." After a day they get to know you (we stayed 4) and it was like seeing an old friend.

The gym felt a smidge cramped but it was more than fine. I am becoming a gym rat and had no problem getting my full work out; ample tread mills, machines, free weights, and mats.

My one complaint is they have a pool adjacent dressing room which we used as our plane did not leave until 6 pm and we wanted to get some more pool side time in before we left. So, in speaking with the front desk, we checked our bags and went to the pool with the intention of showering on the way out. I suppose it is nice they have this amenity at all (although most nice hotels do) but the mens' area was bad, bad, bad. Luckily, there was one towel left but it seems clear it had not been checked all day. The door is flimsy and locks poorly. I got walked in one, while in the shower, twice. Luckily, I do not embarrass easily and I am not sure who was more shocked - me or the poor guy that walked in on me. But to the property, fix the door ! And get housecleaning to check the room once an hour. Some guy came in directly after me and I know for a fact he was using dirty towels.

The kicker is that I left my new ipad under my lounge towel. I called in a few hours after checking out and realizing I left it only when looking for it in my backpack on the plane. I called from the plane, the operator got me to the correct person within a minute (Paul, thanks!) who had it and arranged to fed ex it back to me. I had it in two days. That says a lot. It says that the likely low paid pool guy who cleared my towels did not pocket it, got it to the right people, who got it to the right people, who knew what to do when I called. As someone who travels a lot and has left things that inexplicably evaporate within 10 minutes, it is not a small thing that an item like this was properly found, turned in, and returned. I think that says a lot about both the staff and management in their training.

The walls are a smidge thin. We could occasionally hear the next room and normal, conversational tones and our friends we were traveling with had to complain twice about the noise from the next room. That is, I suppose, russian roulette when you travel. Some places just have no sound abatement. I don't know what the management or you can do about it.

I am only rating "value" not excellent because it is not cheap at $500 for a basic room, but there are a lot more expensive on this strip and I felt I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Get a room above the 6 floor if possible. You will have a view of the ocean from the bed. Any lowe...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends