The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
Hotels.com
US$421
  • Pool
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$518
US$466
  • Pool
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$457
US$409
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$253
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$204
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$227
US$528
US$329
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$390
US$371
Orbitz.com
3,212 results
All reviewsclub levellanai roomsouth beachlincoln roadpool areapool servicefitness centeran umbrellaocean viewbeach stafflounge chairspeople watchingart decovalet parkingresort feercconcierge
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent three nights here as an invited speaker at a conference and for that it was very impressive but it's not my idea of somewhere to spend a vacation.

If you can afford it I suppose the place is great, the staff in particular as amongst the best I've come across in the hospitality industry, but to me it's a business hotel rather than a resort.

Having said that, the location is just a short walk from the main shopping and restaurant area so there's plenty to see and do. It's become a bit run down since my last visit to South Beach about 8 years ago and you can see the recession biting but it's still a good place to hang out in the evening. There's also a Walgreens right on the corner across from the hotel if you need snacks and beers.

My room was huge and well furnished but it was at the back overlooking a roof covered in aircon units and another speaker two floors down was looking out onto other rooms so there are some design issues with the building and clearly some rooms are a lot better than others. The biggest problem in my room (711) was the connecting door to 715. Not only did the light shine through under the door (cured with a bathroom towel) but I could hear my neighbour talking on their phone - that's not 5 star accommodation.

Room Tip: Difficult to do this - just bear in mind that some rooms ending with odd numbers in the range roughly 01 - 19 have no real view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Lobby has a food smell coming from the kıtchen contarry to nice fresh smell we feel in most 5* deluxe hotels. They have renovated the hotel in 2009 but very poor job done. When you keep major parts unchanged renovation just do not show off. This hotel looks old and hard to believe it is a Ritz. Maybe the worst Ritz I have ever been to.
Great location, good service but nothing shows off when the premise is old looking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MSUNI
Kevin K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Good day, I am genuinely disappointed to hear that your experience with us was not up to your satisfaction.

The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach – formally the DiLido hotel – is an iconic art deco building designed in 1953 by Morris Lapidus. We chose to keep our lobby unchanged in order to highlight this history. I am also sorry to hear that our 2012 room refurbishment was not to your liking.

However, thank you for noting our great location and good service. And, thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

Kevin Kelly

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this resort before but never took time to write review. First, it may not be the newest hotel on the block but the staff is the best and makes you feel at home! The pool staff is fabulous! Very hard workers who do everything for their guests. I would like to thank Boris, Lourdes, Dina, Fernando and Moushe who is one of the best front desk managers in the business. We will be back!

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We had the best time and the best weather over Easter. I like the room quality and the service at the Ritz and the location to Lincoln Rd restaurants and shopping. My friend and I enjoyed the lounge chair service in the pool area and had breakfasts and lunches beside the pool. What I don t like is charging food to room with a verbal last name and "a room number." If anyone hears you, they can eat on your food tab. This did happen. We both went to check out our last day and we both had a meal each, on our invoices that we didn' t order. Apparently, I had a spaghetti dinner and desserts and I have celiac disease. My friend had a Saturday night dinner item on hers and we had gone to Prime 112...BUSTED!! The check-in staff were gracious enough to remove the items, after we verified that the original food bills were not in our signed signatures.

Warning, keep record of all your meals and if something doesn't look right on your final invoice, speak up and have them prove it was your signature. It is unacceptable that the hotel doesn't assign a card with your hand written name and room number, to allow you to order meals and beach chairs.
BTW the food was great and I would return but will watch over my room charges.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Sunday afternoon at this south beach locale is a must. Food is great and service is friendly and efficient (Emel is the best!). Try the seafood sampler! The drinks with liquid nitrogen are very stylish. The band "Brothers of others" were great!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple