3,227 results
All reviews club level south beach lincoln road pool area pool service fitness center ocean view art deco valet parking resort fee rc concierge miami umbrellas housekeeping eddie turndown
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been to Miami countless times & usually stay in hotels unique to Miami & try to avoid the big chains. I ended up choosing this hotel because of its great location, as I was bringing a friend that had never been to Miami. I am so glad I did. The hotel location is perfect for walking to shopping and restaurants. The pool & beach are beautiful. The staff couldn't be nicer. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Ocean view are beautiful
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very over priced for the size of room. It is about name and location here. The staff is great. They mailed sunglasses I left and all the food was very good even for a group of 40. I have stayed here 2 times and would again but not at $650 a night

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Augie101898
Reviewed 13 May 2014

While the Ritz Carlton was sure to dazzle with the location the customer service was far short of what most people would expect from a Ritz property. The staff seem to be uninterested in attention to the guests need. The rooms were clean and pretty - the views were not good from my room -the top of a building....so be sure to specify if you would like a good view.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kevin K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Micki L,

Thank you for your feedback. And thank you for noting our good location, clean rooms, and nice views. As the Hotel was originally built in 1953 (by the renowned architect Morris Lapidus) some of our rooms do have city views or inner facing views. We try to communicate the different room types to improve our guests’ experience with us. For the best view of the beach and Atlantic Ocean, ask for our club level ocean view rooms.

At The Ritz-Carlton, we pledge to provide the finest personal services and facilities so it saddens me to hear you experienced anything less with us in South Beach. However, I do hope you will stay with us again so that we can restore your confidence in our service!

Kevin Kelly

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have stayed at the Ritz numerous times here in south beach. Our suite is always well provisioned and I have never been disappointed with any of the services they provide. The beachfront is wonderful and their service is always second to none. The pool is gorgeous too and we are always waited on handsomely. Thanks for another great stay!! We will be back again and again!

Room tip: ask for the ocean view rooms, otherwise you will be staring at rooftops.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent three nights here as an invited speaker at a conference and for that it was very impressive but it's not my idea of somewhere to spend a vacation.

If you can afford it I suppose the place is great, the staff in particular as amongst the best I've come across in the hospitality industry, but to me it's a business hotel rather than a resort.

Having said that, the location is just a short walk from the main shopping and restaurant area so there's plenty to see and do. It's become a bit run down since my last visit to South Beach about 8 years ago and you can see the recession biting but it's still a good place to hang out in the evening. There's also a Walgreens right on the corner across from the hotel if you need snacks and beers.

My room was huge and well furnished but it was at the back overlooking a roof covered in aircon units and another speaker two floors down was looking out onto other rooms so there are some design issues with the building and clearly some rooms are a lot better than others. The biggest problem in my room (711) was the connecting door to 715. Not only did the light shine through under the door (cured with a bathroom towel) but I could hear my neighbour talking on their phone - that's not 5 star accommodation.

Room tip: Difficult to do this - just bear in mind that some rooms ending with odd numbers in the range roughly 01 - 19 have no real view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business