The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach
US$338
US$239
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$446
US$436
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$462
US$426
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$261
US$213
thepalmshotel.com
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$319
US$281
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$259
US$204
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$170
Travelocity
US$429
US$369
US$318
US$199
3,212 results
All reviewsclub levellanai roomsouth beachlincoln roadpool areapool servicefitness centeran umbrellaocean viewbeach stafflounge chairspeople watchingart decovalet parkingresort feercconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2009

Fantastic service, rooms were spacious and the private beach with facilities was to die for can't wait to go there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2009

the ritz carlton is what i would call an experience...something everyone should try..the service and attentiveness is unprecedented..(i love when you get the "my pleasure" response...)

the complimentary breakfast buffet was a treat..fresh berries, omelets made to order, fantastic coffee..great selections...the concierge service was great....it truly is the service that makes this hotel unique and special...we hung at the pool for hours on end..the water temp was amazing and great people watching...i felt like the beach was dealing with the elements too much..(wind, sun, etc)..i preferred the pool although walking on the beach was nice

i do have to agree with some of the other comments...the rooms are ok and THERE IS NO VIEW! to me that is very disappointing when staying at a beach front hotel to not hear the ocean and be able to keep the patio door open and see/smell the ocean....the elevators/room keys are a problem as well as we were locked out numerous times...the gym? who cares what a gym looks like at a hotel - as long as it serves its purpose..you're not there to hang in a gym..it was fine....

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 28 September 2009

I'm at the Ritz RIGHT NOW and I would strongly advise anyone to stay away!

My husband and I regularly frequent Ritz hotels and this is, by far, the worst one that we have ever stayed in. I'll break it down by category:

Room:
This is the worst part of the hotel. We started off the trip in a pool-view Lanai room, which was awful. The shower was approx. the size of a college dorm shower (only smaller) and the room was DIRTY and OLD. The hot water periodically turned off and the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor. We then moved to the main tower, but the rooms were equally as dirty as the others. I've stayed in Days Inns that were cleaner than this hotel. There's mold in the shower, ripping wallpaper, dirty sheets, and dirty towels. I can't tell you how many towels I've unfolded, only to find that they were never washed! The lock on the door is broken, along with the phone. This place is falling apart.

Location:
The location of the hotel is very good... on Lincoln Road near many tourist t-shirt shops and casual pizza joints... if that's your scene. In this area, however, I would choose the Loew's or even some other hotels down the road (W, Setai, Delano, etc.). We would have switched hotels in a second if we hadn't already paid in full for 7 nights at this hotel.

Breakfast:
The breakfast buffet came included in the price of our room. It's pretty basic fare... omelets, sausage, bacon, store-bought pastries. Not awful, not great.

Service:
The service has been OK. Although we will end up receiving no apologies or compensation for the dirtiness of the hotel, everyone has been pleasant. We did have issues with the concierge not being able to schedule reservations (that we were able to schedule after a quick phone call), but everyone else has been nice. The most annoying part about the service is that housekeeping has not cleaned our room before 1pm, yet turndown service is at 5pm.

Spa:
Horrible. I just received the worst pedicure of my life for $96 and I'm going to the Setai to have them re-do it. Don't even bother getting a service at the Ritz.

Beach:
OK. The beach here is littered with straws and cigarette butts. We ended up spending yesterday near the south part of south beach because it is much cleaner and in a residential area.

Please do yourself a favor and read the bad reviews. I don't mind less luxurious hotels as long as they're CLEAN. The service here is ok, but the rooms are 2-star at best. For the same price as this hotel, consider the Loews (you can still hear the construction from the Ritz since it's next door), the Delano, the W, or the Setai. Don't bother staying here... you might as well stay at a motel and have a nicer room! I will definitely be contacting the Ritz corporate office to express my disappointment in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lepmd
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I had never stayed at a Ritz Carlton before and I had pretty high expectations. This hotel was great, but it didn't go above and beyond what I was hoping for out of such a luxury property.
SERVICE: great bell men, desk staff, housekeeping, concierge. They gave us an upgrade because it was our honeymoon and the concierge game us VIP passes to a local club. The room was impeccably clean.
The pool staff wasn't good at all though. Couldn't get someone to bring us the tab for our poolside drinks so I had to go into the restaurant to pay with the bar tender. It was like everyone went to lunch at the same time. Asked for an umbrella, no one brought one. Accidentally sat on one of the beds they rent out for $200 a day and was rudely told to move (you could have asked nicely). The staff out by the beach were really great, but it is $20 for an umbrella - some people are paying $700 a night for a room and it doesn't include an umbrella at your lawn chair? They actually just close the umbrella sitting next to you if you wouldn't pay.
ROOMS - the rooms were fine, but nothing really special. We had a junior suite and I thought it was pretty standard to other hotels like a Westin or Hilton. The pictures on the website pretty much capture the rooms - what you see there is what you get. The water pressure in the shower was TERRIBLE. Actually skipped a shower one day cause it was such a waste. The front desk said it was a city regulation on water usage, i guess that is fair, but it really stunk. The bed were great and good sized flat screen tvs.
LOCATION - Great beach access and on the main hotel strip and close to all the food and shopping on Lincoln road. HOWVEVER, the block the hotel is on is probably one of the worst in that stretch of hotels - it is flanked by come crappy t-shirt shops and a drugstore. To get to the hotel you constantly have to walk past panhandlers outside the drugstore across the street, it got old after a while. Again, in most cases this wouldn't be a problem but at the rates the Ritz charges I was expecting better.
POOL - This was my favorite part, but only cause we went out at night when no one else was there. It was beautifully lit and the perfect temp. There is also a hot tub, which was a nice treat.
GYM - again, nothing special. What you'd expect at any decent hotel. Been to better gyms at the Westin or W
ROOM SERVICE - fast and tasty and not really that expensive.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2009

Our stay at the Ritz Carlton South Beach was amazing.

The location is super. Right on the beach with beach service!! Easy walk to all the fun restaurants and nightclubs. Area seems relatively "safe."

We got an awesome deal off of the hotel's website for our Girl's Weekend Away. We left Dallas on a 6AM flight to MIA and caught a cab ($32) to the Ritz. The staff accommodated us with an early check-in at 10:30AM so we were able to be at the pool drinking mojitos by 11AM!

Food at the pool and beach was excellent. The best we had during our stay. I would say that restaurants in the South Beach tourist areas are a great scene but have terrible food. So, our meals at the Ritz were the best we had.

Drinks are VERY expensive ($20 for a mojito) so plan accordingly. They will make you a pitcher, which is a better deal.

Pool Service was excellent. Very attentive staff. Refilled water glasses with ice and lemons before we even requested.

Beach Service also good. More expensive as have to rent the unbrella for $21/day. Only offered bottle water so our tab was high-beware ($27 for water alone).

Only complaint about the Ritz is the elevator. One must slide the room key to make the elevator move. I would say 90% of the time the system would not work and we had to go DRIPPING WET IN BATHING SUITS INTO THE LOBBYfor them to try and rekey our keys again. This was true for all 3 keys and all 3 rekeyed replacement keys. The elevator sytem just does not work!! It was highly frustrating.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends