“Nice quiet hotel”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #129 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Nice quiet hotel. Very good for complete relaxation. Residential area. Absolutely no attractions, no restaurants, shops, supermarkets, not even a pharmacy in the area. Bus or taxi – not a problem. Hotel has a restaurant but I would not recommend. Very weak menu, not the best quality of food, high prices. On the other hand breakfast buffet is very good.

Room Tip: Ocean view or bay view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,843)

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night only. I After travelling for 24 hours we arrived late at night, we were kept waiting and then told there was a problem with the booking and that we would have to pay again. It transpired that hotel had made the error and we were given a refund the following morning. I thought it was going to be nice after seeing the entrance and reception. How first appearances can be deceptive! Rooms although large were tired and in need of decoration. The bathroom was really old and horrible. There was an awful drain smell in some areas near the pool. I was just glad we were only staying one night. One to avoid I think!

• Stayed: January 2014
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear Juxlmi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Resort, it is with the constructive feedback from our guest that we intend to improve our services and accommodations. I am sorry to learn about the unfortunate information with your reservation, it is my understanding that you booked your room through a third party agency and unfortunately they failed to provide us with the proper billing information. Our staff diligently called the agency and spent a while on the phone making sure the reservation was updated accordingly so that you would not end up being responsible for the cost of the room once again. I would advise that you share your feedback with such agency so that no other traveler goes through the same experience.

I would also like to share that the Miami Beach Resort has retained the services of a very well known architect that is responsible for the upgrade and modernization of the entire property. Due to the Resort's historical significance, we have to wait until our renovation plans get approved by the City of Miami Beach's Preservation committee before we commence construction.

Thank you for staying at the Miami Beach Resort and if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail at Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com.

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I come to Miami Beach once a year for a business conference. This was the first year I stayed this far north on the beach. The room was large, nice, and clean. I had a pleasant stay. But what stood out is what happened late on the day I left: I realized that I had lost my credit card in the room. I called security, they searched and found my card where it had fallen in the room, and mailed it to me. So a potentially very stressful situation handled well by them.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Miami Boat Show 2014. Two people in one room on the 9th floor. $295/night including the "resort fee". I realize that you pay way more during large events such as the boat show. It was all about location for us since this was literally across the street from our boats.
The outside of the hotel looked quite good and the pool area and beach bar was quite nice. Inside the rooms they are tired with old furniture, 19" tube TV, chipped paint..... It didn't feel gross though, just old.
We had brunch in the restaurant each morning and it was quite good. Dinner in the other restaurant at night was good but the menu selection was very minimal and the serving size of my black grouper was small.
Down below in the lobby and common areas it is dated but clean. It looked like Tony Montana from Scarface would pop out from behind the gold statues.
One other thing to mention. This hotel is like in the middle of a huge hotel row with no other businesses. Don't think that you are going to walk a block or two to sample various bars or restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stagalv_10
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before joining a caribbean cruise. The hotel is not bad at all, reception area is very nice, pool area is good with plenty of sun loungers but, rooms are in need of updating very old fashioned with huge tvs situated in a big dark wood cabinet. We arrived late at 11pm in desparate need of something to eat and drink, however bars, restaurants even room service all cease at 11pm and because there is nothing but hotels in the area we had to wait until the morning for something to eat , got a drink from the mini bar which was quite expensive. Don't think I would like to stay more than a couple of nights.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Kim O
Reviewed 16 February 2014

we have stayed at this hotel twice now and enjoyed both stays just a short bus ride into Miami centre bus stops at Lincoln road mall which is fantastic place to eat at night {buzzing}hotel is very clean reception are very helpful and breakfast room downstairs has everything you need nice swimming pool at rear of hotel which leads onto the beach gate worked by room key onto beach I would recommend this hotel and would return again anytime

Room Tip: high floor facing sea are best
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tonymarchant
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We are regular visitors to Miami Beach and have stayed at several different hotels over the years. We have settled on the Miami Beach Resort and Spa as our preferred hotel for the past eight years. I am a lap swimmer and the hotel pool is ideal for lap swimming (and fortunately well heated in the winter months). The location adjacent to the beach allows us to spend part of the day at the pool and the rest at the beach. The hotel staff is very efficient and readily accommodates special requests (I am allergic to down pillows and request foam pillows). The location is close to the Boardwalk as well as the restaurants and nightlife of South Beach so that they are readily accessible but far enough away that nights are quiet and peaceful. The decor is "traditional" which we prefer the ultramodern "minimalist" decor that is popular in many hotels. We plan to continue to return to the Miami Beach Resort for future trips.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of ocean & bay
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple