“staff were wonderful”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #128 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had a wonderful time. The staff were attentive, kind and caring .
Jimmy in the pool area was exceptional. He went out of his way to make out stay one of the very best. He put up umbrellas for us each day, brought fruit, and even took pictures of Mom & I.
L

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here on a business trip this past week. First, the staff is extremely friendly and receptive to the guests. The breakfast buffet was nice, but overpriced at $22. The front and lobby of the hotel are very nice and take you back to the era of luxury hotels...with that said, the rooms are way past due for a remodeling if this is to remain a viable option for the future. TV is a 1990's tube tv, had no remote. The carpet is dirty and smells (keep shoes on). The windows are dirty and don't open to enjoy the breeze. With that said, the view and access to the beach are incredible. Hopefully they will update the rooms/hallways and restore this to the grand days of past.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My review is a bit late but I must say we had a blast at this hotel, the staff were fantastic with us from our arrival to departure. They help us with directions to some nice bars and restaurants.
They recommended Nissi beach which was beautiful.
Our rooms were spacious and clean, maids came everyday with fresh towels.
I will definately stay here again if I return to Miami.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Chad sterwart was very nice he pulled my carriage every day in the sand .he was very polite. All the people by the door were very good
But we had ordered a sea views and it was not ready the first night we had to stay in a different room the next day we had to move to a different room. And it was a waste of my time. 3 hours
We had with us 2 children and not everywhere was ramps there were some steps

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I have stayed in this hotel last week and found it very good price for money. The beach is breathtaking and I was lucky enough (and payed a little more for it) to have a room with ocean view. So I watched the sunrise from my bed :)
For $17 you can have a nice and filling breakfast with awesome omelettes and waffles made to order and plenty choice of bread, hot food and juices. Value for money and service was great!
I need to praise too Miss Vicky Mariano(?) can't remember the surname but I can understand why she is the front desk manager! She is a loving, polite and caring person and was so helpful at all times. Miami Beach Resort you are very lucky to have someone like Vicky on your front desk!

But there is always a down side for everything and its a shame to see all the staff being friendly and I had the sensation they could not do enough for us but on Monday the 17/02/2014 about 20:15 I went down to the bistro to have dinner and asked for the table by the window which was empty but the hostess said NO in a blunt and rude way and showed me a table which didn't even have the tablecloth changed and had breadcrumbs all over it . No cutlery or glasses or anything and said: You are going to seat here in a very blunt way. I insisted asking for the table by the window and again blunt and rude reply from the hostess saying NO, YOU ARE GOING TO SEAT HERE which I replied That she definitely need to be more polite with her guests I then sat with my elderly mother and waited, and waited and waited.... after 5 minutes I have asked if I could place my order and a passing waitress said "he" is going to take your order shortly and AFTER another 5 minutes I gave up and left the restaurant with my mother as we were completely ignored. When I left I said to the hostess (I didn't get her name and to avoid someone to get mistaken she is black skinned, 20-30y with long curly hair) that perhaps she and the team should have a bit more consideration with the guests specially when one of them is elderly. I felt very uncomfortable and humiliated and I needed to grab a taxi and go elsewhere for dinner something which my elderly mother did not need. It is a shame that the whole staff is brilliant and just one person manages to leave such a awful impression.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms finished in 04 and 05 as they are the corner with ocean full view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Bixilo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and our Trip Advisor readers, your constructive critique is very valuable and appreciated it as we strive every day to improve our services. I am happy to learn of your positive encounter with our Front Office Manager Vicky Marciano. Her response to you is what we expect from all our staff and it is good to know she was able to make your stay an overall memorable one.

Our Bistro staff is very embarrassed about your poor experience at the restaurant, please be assured our staff, as well as our managers are aware of this unfortunate incident and have made corrections to insure it does not happen to any other guest. Please do know, however, that the reason why you were not seated by the window was primarily due to a party of six guests that had reserved that table earlier, thus the reason you were seated in a table for two one row away from the window. On behalf of our entire staff, please accept our most sincere apologies for your poor dining experience.

Thank you once again for allowing us the privilege to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Miami Beach.

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel has to be re-designed as it is getting old and you feel it.
For instance, you cannot open windows of your room as it is full of rust. Air conditionning in the room does not work properly. The overall ambiance is hotel from 60's.

At the check in they did not respect my resquest to have 2 beds (was with my daughter) saying we do not guarantee bedding. As I was unhappy they upgraded my room for the second and third night.

There is no restaurant outside (only a small bar where you can order salads).

The concierge is great and gave us excellent adresses.

Room Tip: Check the bedding upfront as they do not guarantee it As for a seafront room as in jan or Feb it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear 508 Paris,

We are disappointed you did not have a good experience but appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and thoughts about our Resort. Please be aware the Miami Beach Resort has submitted a request to renovate/modernize our facilities to the City of Miami Beach's historic preservation committee. Due to the historical significance of our building to the city, these permits have taken longer than expected to be issued, however, rest assured our Resort's ownership is committed in making us the best Resort destination in Miami Beach.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to honor your request for two double beds on your night of arrival; however, I am glad to learn our staff upgraded your reservation at no additional charge as a sign of good hospitality. I am surprised you did not find our Seabreeze restaurant located outside, on our pool deck as we sever lunch there daily from 11:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M. We will look immediately into enhancing our signage throughout our public areas to insure our guests can find the restaurant.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to the opportunity to regain your confidence once the future plans of renovations of our Resort have been completed.

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This place had everything. Beautiful beach area, spa, nice pool. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Always ready to serve you. The rooms are really a bargain for the Miami area. The only draw back is you need to take a cab pretty much where ever you want to go if you leave the resort area. (Unless us rented a car). The beach will cost you $20 a day if you want a nice chair to sit on. (Per person). But it was worth every penny based on the fact we spent almost everyday on the beach. Love the place and would highly recommend it. The food at the restaurants is a bit pricey for what you get but it tasted great and I guess that's where they make up the cost for giving you the deal on the room prices. None of the rooms face the ocean so if you get an ocean view be prepared because it's a view out of the corner of your window.

Room Tip: Get the suite. Lots of room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple