We stayed at the Miami Beach resort for one night prior to our cruise. On arrival at the hotel we found there were no ramps into the building and had to carry heavy cases up two flights of steps. there were massive queues to check in. Apparently all the computers were down, nobodys fault but very tiring after a long flight. When we eventually got in our room it was comfortable if a little dated. also there was no safe in the room. which meant carrying some of our travel luggage with us to the restaurant.
Before we left England my husband rang the hotel to ask if, on return of our cruise, we could spend the day at the hotel as we would arrive in port early morning and our flight was late evening. The reservations staff member told us this would be fine. He said we were welcome to leave our luggage and use the facilities around the hotel. we offered to pay a day rate but he said it was no problem. We checked again with the receptionist before we left the next day and were assured that we were very welcome. We altered our transfer so we could go to the hotel instead of the airport. we thought this was wonderful as we had done this at a hotel in San Diego.
when we came back from the cruise it was such a different story. The supervisor on reception said we could not stay at the hotel as they did not do that sort of thing. When we said we had been told by Reservations that it was okay she said it wasn't and we should move to the side and let her deal with other people in the queue, she would contact the manager. My Husband was very polite but stood his ground and would not move from the queue.(he had spent a long time in it )he had already been waiting 3/4 hour. After a while a member of staff came out of the office at the back and my husband recognised her as being the one who said we could stay for the day. A lot of whispered discussion went on and then the supervisor came back and said "leave your luggage and find somewhere to sit, but don't use the sunbeds they are all taken".
There were plenty of sunbeds and the pool attendent was very nice. He at least made us welcome. We didn't stay long as I felt very uncomfortable ( the supervisor from the reception wondered around outside by the pool a couple of times, and as they say 'if looks could kill'. )
Would we go there again. Absolutely Not!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This distinctive Miami Beach hotel is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and the Intra-coastal Waterway, and boasts 424 guest rooms and suites - each with amenities such as free high-speed Internet access and floor-to-ceiling Ocean and city views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Miami Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Resort Spa
- Miami Beach Resort And Spa Florida