“It was cool”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #128 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel was slightly old but the service made the difference. At the beach the staff was attentive especially Jarvis Williams. I would definitely return to this hotel due to the courtesy of the staff, the hotel could use a makeover though ;)

Room Tip: They front desk will offer you the best room as far as view, do be careful with the bed situation I...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay here for part two of our honeymoon. When we arrived the placed looked beautiful, by the lobby area, do not fall for this! We went to our room and I was shocked at the bad state of the room. It is clearly very old, the carpet was dirty, furniture chipped, chair was broken, plug sockets hanging of walls and peeling paint! I sat on the bed and cried at the thought of this room being ours for 5 nights. We went to have a look around and there was a party at the pool with loud music and lots of very drunk people. Seemed to be a Club 18-30 style place. We booked another hotel and left after 1 hour!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So happy I chose this hotel for my honeymoon! We had the most fascinating view we could think of, the food was increadible and service fantastic. If I go back to Miami, i'd go there again. We had so much fun there at the pool parties and roof top evening events. The price we paid was much less than a 4 star hotel but the quality was 5 star!!! I absolutely loved the experience and I can't be more happier with it!!!!

Room Tip: Pay a bit more, but go for ocean or bay view, it is worth it!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an ageing hotel with a predominantly business clientele. We were visiting on holiday and stayed for 5 nights. We had to make do with the wrong room on the first night - not the one we booked. But at least this was rectified by night 2. The staff were careless and helpful if one was prepared to wait...wait. Far from ideal, one of the receptionists in particular was unhelpful and the concierge gave the impression that as a visitor I should have known my way around! The range of choices in the restaurant were limited and not very appealing, so it was a good job we were not relying on it. An interesting location with a beach feel to one side of the hotel and a big city atmosphere to the front. An interesting and not unappealing experience but probably not one to be repeated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was here for work and service was ok. They had construction above my room and the pool music was very loud that I could hear it in my room. When the front desk said they would get back to me about something that went wrong they never did. I would have to go down to the front desk to actually get service.

DO NOT GO TO THE SPA! I had an awful experience there. I have gotten a lot of massages in the past and the one I got here was so bad I had to leave in the middle of my session. Not to mention when I arrived there was only one girl there who was the owner and was getting her hair done! She didn't comp my session even though I didn't complete my session and was very unhappy with it. Instead she only gave me 40% off. You're suppose to be relaxed going to the spa and that wasn't the case at all!!! I have never in my life had to leave in the middle of a massage session before. Vicky at the front desk did try to help me out and I appreciate her service. I know the spa is a separate company and I do appreciate that she made an effort to help me out.

Regardless of all the mediocre experiences I had, I did have multiple great experiences at the The Bistro. The staff there is extremely friendly and attentive. Especially Patricia at the bar. She was so amazing and is always looking out for the guests needs! That's how it should be!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Caitlin R
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear CaitlinR,

Our management team has reviewed your comments in detail; I truly appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences so that we can take steps to make corrections and improvements.

Despite the Spa being operated by an individual owner, they represent our Resort and our service culture. I am very disturbed to learn the quality of the services you received did not meet your expectation and that their resolution was not to your satisfaction. The Miami Beach Resort will take immediate action to insure no other guest has an experience similar to yours.

I very much appreciate learning of your positive experience with Patricia our bartender. Her response to you is what we expect from our staff and it is good to know that she was able to win back your confidence.

On behalf of our staff at the Miami Beach Resort please accept our most sincere apologies for your poor experience and do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence. My e-mail is Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Traveled in April 2012 and the stay was fantastic. From the royal treatment the valet gives you to the kindness of the front desk staff, now 2 years later, this hotel stands out in my mind as one of the best I've stayed in.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 18 May 2014

The overall hotel experience was great, specifically the beach experience. Tony R. was attentive, friendly, and made our stay at the hotel much better with his service. The valet was also very helpful

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends