“Older accommodation”

Ranked #123 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Tennessee
“Older accommodation”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for an event, the hotel is quite old, the elevators operate poorly.....that being said the location on the water is great. The pool looked as if it had not been cleaned in a while, but it did not stop the tons of people that were swimming and enjoying it!
The event was head in the Starlight Room, which was delightful the dinner was catered by the hotel and it was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Vitamarie,

The Miami Beach Resort was honored to host your event at the historical Starlight ballroom; we appreciate you sharing with us and other readers about how successful the catering event was. Our Executive Chef wanted me to thank you for pointing out the quality of the food his team prepared; we take a lot of pride in the menus we serve our guests.

I also took the liberty to share your review with our pool manager and we are quite embarrassed as well as surprised about the pool cleanliness issues you mention. Our pool is cleaned on a daily basis and it's checked several times throughout the day to insure the chemical and PH levels are to standard. However, since the day you posted this review we have scheduled additional staff members to complete detail cleaning projects in our pool to insure no other guest has the same experience.

Thank you once again or taking the time to write the review and we look forward to the opportunity to provide you with a thoroughly enjoyable lodging experience next time you visit Miami.

Respectfully,

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We booked this hotel based on the fact it was on the beach and had a resort style pool. We thought after 9 days running around in New York, we would need some down time before our cruise. Then I read the reviews. Hmmmm. I was very, very wary and at one point considered changing our Miami accommodation. So glad we didn't. I prepared my family (2 adults and 2 teenagers) for the experience we were in for based on a lot of reviews. We walked into the lavish foyer and they were impressed. No, don't be, I said. The foyer is the best part. Well, based on my own experience, I was wrong and the we really were pleasantly surprised and totally enjoyed our stay here. We were given the key to our room on the 7th floor. Room was great, spacious and yes a little 1983 but I was totally prepared for that and really, it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews that I've read. Dated but clean, tidy and lots of space. We've travelled Europe (we are from Australia) and trust me, I've paid double what we paid at this place and stayed in a shoe box! Yes it isn't South Beach but the hotel has a lovely restaurant which matched prices of any other in Miami and we used the café on the lower lobby for breakfast which was well equipped with great coffee, pastries, smoothies and other breakfast supplies. I can't remember the name of the lady who worked there but she was just such a lovely, pleasant person, always ready with a good morning smile. You are not restricted to the more expensive buffet breakfast which is good as we are not big breakfast eaters. Then there is the pool area which is lovely, clean and lots of fun. A DJ on weekends which was fun, a lovely eatery for lunch which was yum and right on the beach which was gorgeous. They come around with fruit a couple of times a day and there is always ice water on offer. We always managed to get a deck chair so no problem there. We had one problem with our hot water in our room but staff were very quick to offer us a remedy and fixed the problem as soon as we brought it to their attention (as well as offering us another room to shower while they fixed the water issue). A taxi ride into South Beach was around $10 each way which was fine. All in all, my family of four was very, very happy with this place, we had a lovely time and found staff and amenities to be top notch. Thanks for an awesome stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lovetotravel33333333
Dear Lovetotravel33333333

Our entire staff at the Miami Beach Resort is extremely happy to learn about your recent visit with us, for us is an honor that you have chosen us during your stay in Miami and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers.

I have taken the liberty to utilize your review for our weekly guest service trainings our entire staff goes through so that we can continue improving our services and earn our valuable guest’s confidence.

Thank you once again for allowing us the privilege to serve you and we look forward to a future visit!

Warm regards,

Eduardo Moya
Hotel Manager
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Very nice hotel and staff. Rooms were outdated but they were clean and had what we needed. the pool area was beautifu just needed a jacuzzi. The lobby was more updated than the rooms and was very beautiful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
niagara falls
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel from June 20th-25th. It was very nice, the staff was very friendly. We just found a few minor problems...
The rooms were severely outdated. Don't let the lobby fool you- the bathrooms inside the rooms are hysterical! HOT PINK walls and CHECKERED flooring with a toilet fit for a midget (it was so low to the ground! And the water pressure was hardly there). The shower in our room started making a grinding noise about 2 minutes in to each shower, at one point I was actually too nervous to continue and turned the water off to regain myself and tried again. The noise was awful, it was as if the tub was going to open up from underneath you and swallow you whole. The restaurants in the hotel are majorly overpriced and we ended up getting takeout a couple nights because there are NO restaurants around the hotel you can easily walk too and we didn't have a car. Other than that, it was an average hotel. The pool area was very nice and at about 11am each day they come around and offer you some free fruit (frutas) and always have ice water readily available. On the weekend they have a DJ at the pool area that plays extremely loud music but not on the weekdays! I'd stay here again if i had too, but I'd definitely try something different next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Miami Beach Resort for two nights and a high school reunion. Found the stay to be like entering a third world country. The bright spot in the whole stay was the beach staff specifically Jimmy Moreno. Jimmy went the extra mile to ensure we had great lounges and a beach umbrella to protect us from the sun. My poolside stay was excellent thanks to Jimmy and the attention that he paid to me and my wife. While the hotel only gets 2 to 2 1/2 circles Jimmy gets five

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Marc K
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This was my first time in Miami and if I was ever to go back I'd definitely stay in this hotel again. The entrance to the hotel is very grand with giant chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The staff were personable, friendly and helpful. The hotel was in a great location, right on Miami Beach and close enough to Miami's nightlife and South Beach by bus (the bus stop is right outside the hotel) /taxi/ a long walk but far enough that you that you weren't in the thick of it. I only ate breakfast at the hotel, though it was a little expensive I've never stayed anywhere with a breakfast like it. There was so much choice, everything was delicious and it definitely kept me full until dinner. Though the rooms were slightly dated and it would have been have been nice to have a balcony, they were comfortable, clean and very spacious. Overall this hotel was great value, in a great location and had great food and staff.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Carmen K
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the hotel and enjoyed it very much. The room has a ceiling to floor window with a wonderful view of the beach. I especially appreciated the good service we received from Bruno Cavallo in the outdoor restaurant. A lovely place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family