“Miami beach”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #128 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Am staying at the miami beach resort and spa i came down to the beach had a great service from laz and elias they was the best rent me out some chairs got me on the jet sky very nice guys . Hope laz and elias be here next time i come for a vacation in miami

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Luigi1918
Write a ReviewReviews (3,873)

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel has a very good location hotel on the beach, all staffs were friendly and helpful at all times. The pool area was great very clean and breakfast was great.
My room was clean and large and comfortable but rooms do need updating the TV was very old and rooms didn’t have safes the safes were held at reception. The hotel didn’t have any restaurants or shops close by. I did enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 448HK
Reviewed 15 August 2014

In August 2014 we booked a king size room at the Miami beach resort & spa and they changed the room to a twin room for me and wife which we only found out once we arrived. we complained and was told it would e $40 extra a night to go to a king after arguing decided to just pay the extra, then had to wait an hour to be told there wasn't a king room available. the rooms are old the toilet runs constantly, coffee machine doesn't work.. Also each day they put a letter under our door saying we need to provide a voucher for our accommodation (which was done on check in) or they are going to charge us $395 per night to my credit card. so I had to line up for 20 mins each day to explain which was frustrating.

it is located on the beach which is good, and there is free wifi unsecured but its a long walk 60 mins plus to any shops or restaurants, the hotel bar and restaurant is very over priced and poor quality. the taxi ride to Lincoln rd or ocean drive is $15-20 one way

I got a massage which advertised at $95 for 50 mins which was the worst massage I have ever had and they automatically forced the tips of $17 even through the therapist was most definitely not a professional masseuse, and I was unhappy with the service.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank DAZMAC99
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear DAZMAC99

We appreciate the time you have invested in writing an overview of your recent stay with us. Our goal is to make moments into memorable experiences and we are disappointed we did not achieve our goal with your visit.

It is important to clarify that the Miami Beach Resort does not charge an extra fee to request a room with a King bed. The $40 charge that you mention was to upgrade your room from standard partial view to a full ocean view room. I also discussed with the front desk staff your comments regarding the missing voucher and they mentioned that you failed to turn in during your check in, I understand the discomfort of having to disrupt your stay and stop by the desk to turn it in the following day, however the travel agency you booked your reservation with requires us to present it as proof of your stay.

I also took the time to look into your comments regarding the poor massage that you mentioned in your review. Every guest that utilizes the Spa services is asked about their experience and requested to fill out a satisfaction survey and in your particular service, they were under the impression that you had enjoyed the massage. As you can understand, we can only address the issues that are brought up to our attention.

On behalf of our team of hotel professionals, please accept our most sincere apologies for our shortcomings and do not hesitate to contact me at any time if there is anything I can do to regain your confidence.

Eduardo Moya

Hotel Manager
Eduardo.Moya@MBeachResort.com

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed here and didnt expect the hotel to be so great being an older place but surprisingly I was comfortable and also had a great experience on the beach. The service and set up was done by a beach service professional named Shane. He was kind, courteous and also gave me lots of valuable information about events in south beach and miami in general. This made my entire stay with the wife and kids better because of his suggestions, ( Alligator farm, Jet skis, seaquarium, Key biscayne etc...) I will definitely come back when it gets cold in NY.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lindsay R
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Such a wonderful place to hideaway and be treated like royalty. Enjoyed my time here. Looki forward to returning. Can be romantic. Beach close by and lots of relaxation built in things within the resort. Very peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014

The Hotel and service is pretty good. Breakfast is great and the staff is very friendly. The Hotel have a nice pool and direct access to the beach. A nice bar. The rooms are quite comfortables, and mostly they have ocean view. The only "but" is the location. If you are planning on staying in the Hotel or have a car there's no problem. But if you like to walk around South Beach, probably is a little far away from the action. Price is very reasonable for what it is.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view rooms face the Hotel in the side, so you don't really get an ocean view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed room 1731. It had a beautiful bay view but unfortunately the room was incredibly run down. The bathroom was pink plaster and the sinks were barely attached to the counters. Hard beds, tube TV and very used, tired furniture. Look else where.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Renee O
Eduardo M, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Renee O

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us as well as our Trip Advisor readers, we firmly believe in listening to our guest feedback so that we can continue to improve our services and accommodations.

Our Resort has retained the services of a well known architect who is working extremely hard in obtaining the necessary permits to modernize our facility. These permits do take a little bit of time to be issued due to the historical significance of our Resort to the City of Miami Beach. Although our Resort has not gone through recent renovations, we do believe that our fantastic rates and outstanding hospitality do make up for the age of our building.

We look forward to being able to regain your confidence once our Resort has completed its planned renovations.

Best regards,