“Wonderful stay at the Miami Beach Resort”

Miami Beach Resort and Spa
Ranked #124 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
las vegas
“Wonderful stay at the Miami Beach Resort”
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My 9 year old daughter and I took a girls trip and stayed at the Miami Beach Resort. Being from Las Vegas and working in high end resorts myself, I generally expect my stays to be on par with the type of service and facilities I m used to, but as a parent, I also look for value. From the quick and friendly check in, to the concierge that helped with car rental, I found that all the employees we came across were professional yet gave us attention that made us feel like family. The room was very spacious and for the price, I was very impressed. Room was very clean and housekeeping did a fantastic job keeping our room in order. We loved the pool area and especially the beach right behind the hotel. In fact, the location was my favorite thing about this resort. It sits right on a beautiful and easily accessible beach, yet close enough to shopping and dining. Beimg that I was with my child, I was glad to be away from the party crowds. All in all, it was one of the most memorable trips I ve had and thanks to the resort for making it enjoyable and stress free. my daughter has never forgot it either and still asks when we go back to the hotel in Miami. I 've recommended it highly to everyone I've talked about Miami to and especially families looking to have a great time and avoid over priced hotels as well as crowds of drunken twenty-somethings :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 February 2011

My husband & I stayed at the Miami Beach Resort last week, and I find it necessary to write a feedback of our experience.
The staff went above & beyond to make us feel like home. From the bellman, to the front desk agents, to the server made sure that we felt welcome.
The hotel is in a great location, right in front of the beach & just minutes away from the city's hot spots.

We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 18 February 2011

I recently took a trip to Miami. I was assigned to the 15th floor. I was very disappointed by the fact that the bed was only covered with a thin sheet and thin blanket. No comforter. Also, the room would get extremely cold at night. Unfortunately, there is no heat in the hotel. I about froze to death! Here is the kicker:

At approximately 4AM, I woke up, the tv was still on but the lights were out. I went into the restroom and when I came out I started to lay back down but I noticed bugs crawling in my bed!!! I turned the light on and it was a bed bug nightmare. They were everywhere! I saw every kind from small black baby bed bugs to big red adult-sized bugs carrying blood! It was disgusting. I went to the front desk and they assigned me to to a different room but my key would not open the 2nd room. So I had to go back down to the desk again. It was a major fiasco and I was not happy since it happened at 4AM!
The next morning I spoke with the manager. She informed me that she heard about the bed bugs and that she wanted to give me a refund for the night. I asked the manager not to put anyone else in that room until it was fumigated but now that I have thought about it more, the entire hotel needs to be fumigated. Those things are hard to get rid of. I steamed all of my clothes with a hot iron and used a hot blow dryer to blow out my suitcase as a precaution. Hopefully, those disgusting critters didn't come home with me!

The only good thing that I can say about the experience is that the manager was very, very accomodating. In addition to the refund, she sent a tray of wine, cheese, fruit to my room along with a greeting card with an apology. Once I finally got into the 2nd room there were no other issues.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Mimi43081
Miamifun_9, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 22 February 2011
First and foremost, we apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort this guest experienced and appreciate the acknowledgement of our manager’s work to right the situation. This isolated incident of bedbugs has been taken very seriously by our staff and management, and we want assure our guests, past and present, that there is no bedbug problem at The Miami Beach Resort & Spa.

Regarding this incident, the room in question was immediately removed from service; a staff inspection was conducted, followed by a thorough examination from our local pest control professional. All steps necessary to address the situation were taken. It was not until management was 100 percent certain that the room was suitable for occupancy that it was returned into inventory.

While bedbugs are not a result of guest rooms lacking cleanliness, but rather carried via traveler’s luggage and clothing, we maintain that a trained and knowledgeable housekeeping staff, along with regular inspections from professional pest control is the best line of defense in prevention. Standards and procedures are regularly reviewed with our teams to ensure that our guests enjoy safe, clean and comfortable rooms.

Our staff is firmly committed to the guest experience, and providing the best environment possible is our goal.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We had an incredible honeymoon, staying in miami for 7 nights and then embarking on a carribean cruise. On our return from the crusie we had one night to spend in miami before flying home and back to the uk. Unfortunatley our first hotel (Grand Beach Hotel) was fully booked for the final night of our trip and so we booked the Miami Beach Hotel and Spa, thinking that it would be a beautiful way to end our honeymoon. How wrong could we be?!

The lobby looked very grand and we thought we had made a great decision. However on entering the lift we soon realised that this hotel was not as it describes on line! The lifts had not been safety checked for quite a few years and so were completey out of date! It also made as horendous noise and being someone who is afraid of lifts at the best of times it was a terrifying experience.

When the doors of the lift opened we were confronted with the most horiffic carpet I have every seen in a hotel! My husband thought he had landed in a jungle. It was bright green with leaves and red flowers and actually looked like a heard off animlas had ran over it due to the amount of dirt and stains that were on it!

The room we stayed in did look like the rooms displayed on line. The windows were dirty and did not open resulting in a musty smell. The air conditioning vent in the bathroom and the bedroom was clogged with dust and grime and looked like an extreme health hazard!! The bedlinen looked relatively clean but the throw on the bed was dirty and we felt very uncomfortable sleeping in the room.

The next morning we woke up to a cleaner trying to enter out bedroom at 9am!

We vsited the bar/restaurant to enquire about food, but soon left...it did not look clean!

All in all this hotel is in a good location but was not worth the amount of money we payed! And I would not stay here again even if they offered me a free night!

I am so glad that we only had to spend one night here. If I was to recommend a hotel it would be the Grand Beach Hotel next door, where we spend 7 nights at the beginning of our trip; perfect location on the beach, clean, beautiful decor, lush pool and hot tubs and great food.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JETSETTER181210
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This was probably one of the worst hotels I have EVER stayed in!!!!

1. When we first arrived, the gentleman at the check-in desk was arrogant. I called the hotel before arriving and asked what exactly I was going to be charged and when I was going to be charged so I could be prepared. The person I spoke to said it would be around $750 (including the resort fees) and my credit card would not be charged until Saturday when I checked out. To my surprise when I arrived, the guy at the desk said he needed my credit card to hold $950.00. I was NEVER told an extra $200.00 for incidentals was going to be held the whole week let alone the entire amount. I understand holding the amount I owe for my room but the extra $200.00 was ridiculous. Because I was not prepared for my card to hold these funds all week (since I was told this wasn't the procedure) I did not have the money in my checking account ready to go. I told him I would need to transfer the funds from my savings to checking and I had trouble doing this on my cell phone so I asked if I could use a computer because it would only take a few seconds to go onto my bank website and make the transfer. Well, if I wanted to use the computer it was going to cost me $5.00! Are you kidding me? The entire time this was going on and I was trying to figure it out the guy at the desk kept looking at me like I was an idiot. I asked him why they needed to hold $200 when they were already holding over $700 on my card and had my card information. I asked what sort of things I would be charged for on the "incidentals" and he couldn't even give me an example. This was a horrible way to start my stay with your hotel. I'm not sure if he was inexperienced or if he was just that conceited!

2. The water pressure in the shower was not working properly. It was either way too hot or way to cold. No inbetween.

3. The rooms were filthy. There were piles of dust in the corners of the bathroom floors and the vent in the shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the hotel opened.

4. We also had gone to the grocery store the first day we got there and bought some ceral and milk so we could eat it for breakfast. We purchased four of those individual ceral cups and when we got back from the beach 1 day we only had one and two were missing from our room. Guess the maid got hungry.

5. The spa and fitness center were horrid. We went to go workout in the fitness center and the machines were so old we didn't even know how to operate them and we would've been lucky if they worked.

6. The elevators had expired permits and made loud noises. They wouldn't repsond to some calls. GET A NEW SERVICE PROVIDER!

7. Hot tub? What hot tub?? It would have been nice to know that the picture on your website of that thing that looks like a hot tub is actually a kiddie pool.

8. As I mentioned in point 1 - the billing rate was inaccurate and poorly estimated.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jphillmann
Miamifun_9, Manager at Miami Beach Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 18 February 2011
Dear Guest,

It is an operational standard for the Miami Beach Resort to authorize $50 additional per day in case of any incidental charges our guest may have. This procedure gives our guest the ability to charge anything they want to their room account. Incidentals are considered any charges other than room, tax or resort fee. We apologize if our policy caused you an inconvenience.

If you would like to discuss the issues you experienced further, please feel free to call me at any time so I can insure you are satisfied with the resolution to your concerns.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This hotel inspired my first negative review on TA. I travel at least 8 days a month for mostly business. Miami is a frequent destination and I like to try different places each time. I work downtown but stay at the beach on occasion when I get a decent rate. I had seen this hotel and thought it looked like a nice option, and I was very, very wrong. In short, outdated and worn out with borderline rude reception, but that wasn't particularly upsetting. The room, however, was DISGUSTING, motel-quality. Beds had sheet and thin motel-type blanket - we actually questioned at first if they had been fully made - thought they left off the bedspreads...The carpet was foul, the bathrooms were gross, the amenities non-existent, etc etc. Just wanted to ensure that nobody else was fooled - we were only there for business, so no leisure time. I hate it for anyone who goes there looking for a holiday. Too many options in Miami Beach to suffer through this place.

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank WorkandWander
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Besides the decent location, this place does not deserve any stars!

Rooms: I have stayed in a 1-star hotel in Venice that was cleaner than this place. I am sure the Super 8 Motel up the street would have done a better job with housekeeping! The carpets were stained, faded and worse filthy beyond belief--it had visible dirt, dust, crumbs all along the wall & carpet corners! The toilets had a black ring around the bowl BEFORE we used it. The beds were uncomfortable and lumpy, nor were they of good quality mattresses. The wine glasses were dusty. The drawers and closet space were dirty and dusty. I had to clean it out myself before I unpacked our clothes. It was so filthy that my children (4 & 7) wore their slippers in the room the whole time (on their own accord without my instruction to do so!). What was most disgusting was the sheets. My kids were accusing each other of "peeing" on the bed but both were insistent that the bed smelled like urine. Neither of my kids had an accident and the sheets did smell like "urine". I pulled the sheets off and when housekeeping came, she asked why I did that. I told her and she smirked at me!

Service: the valet drivers were very friendly, the bell attendants were good, the concierge was knowledgeable. Everyone else either didn't care or were rude or didn't know much about the hotel. A lady in the front desk said she had never been in the business center so she couldn't answer my question! Really? As an employee, shouldn't there be some form of orientation? I understand not being inside a lobby bathroom but the business center?? And the business center charges to go on the internet and print! The HoJo down the street does this for free!

Pool: Most of the days that we were there, the pool was warm. Only one day was the water cool. I did have an issue with the attendants allowing guests to "save" lawn chairs. There was a busload of students that were there over the weekend and they saved their lawn chairs with their backpacks and headed down the beach. My kids and I were the only one using the pool and had one lawn chair to share! The attendants did not stop this nor did they care to stop it when it was brought to their attention.

Food: Breakfast buffet was $17pp (kids eat free) - not a bad deal, food was average. Seabreeze was ok but there was one day that it was so busy that they said it was a 30 minute wait for take out food. My kids were hungry so I said we'll just order room service. When we got to the room, I called and they said there wasn't any room service today and that I could order but pick it up at Seabreeze! What hotel (excuse me Resort) does that?? And how and when do you decide to change the posted time frame for room service? The room service menu clearly states that delivery is between such time frames and I was well within the time frame!

I have used Trip Advisor for many years although I just became a member today because I never needed to express my comments as I do right now.

I am sure management will answer to this review with the words similar to "Thank you for you comments. We value your opinion. We can ensure you that this is not the service we strive for for our customers. Etc." I know this because I have seen their replies to negative comments and when we booked this resort, I was hoping that they had made some changes since there were many negative reports. But clearly, these reviews DO NOT matter to the resort as the rooms are still filthy, the service is still poor irregardless of what their previous customers say.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank rey_reina
Dear Guest,

Our staff reviews and investigates every comment shared by our guest. While we celebrate the positive reviews, we also take very seriously the not so positive ones. Our housekeeping staff is committed in making sure each and every room is spotless and we are all disappointed that your experience was less than perfect.
I would like to discuss your issues further so that appropriate compensation is issued. Please feel free to call the hotel and request to speak to Eduardo so that I may insure you are 100% satisfied with our resolution.
Thank you for your feedback and look forward to regaining your confidence.