We have just returned from spending four nights at Lord Balfour. I had researched hotels thoroughly prior to choosing a place to stay stay and I have to say we were really happy with our choice.
I echo most people's sentiments. It is near to, but not in, the action. Sometimes you just need a break from the noise. It is a short walk from 5th street, the beach is across the road. There are towels provided free. Our corner room on 4th floor (419) was really quiet - I did not hear the marathon runners run past. You will hear people staying in the neighboring rooms, though! We used the 'tiny' gym but it was adequate, 4 machines and a tv. In fact, tiny could be used a lot here. The bathroom in particular. Space is at a premium and every inch was used, but the shower was good. The bed and especially the pillows were extremely comfortable. After all, who comes to Miami Beach to stay in the room apart from to sleep?
Breakfast was perfectly adequate, berries, fruit, yogurt, pastries and toast and really good coffee. There is no restaurant, but there are so many choices nearby, our favourite was A Fish Called Avalon on 7th and Ocean Drive, slightly more sophisticated than many others.
A negative was the Internet as it kept dropping. It is free, but not very good at all.
I understand that valet parking is expensive as it is everywhere in SoBe.
There was a vast mix of people staying here, from families with young children (many Italians) to young couples and older groups.
There is a very useful local South Beach Bus which goes around a large part of the island (nearest was Washington and 4th) and it only costs 25cents. It is pretty frequent and we took it many times over the four days we spent here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Miami Beach and meet Room Mate Lord Balfour, an Art Deco hotel inspired in XX Century Art with a modern twist. Situated right by the beach, just a few steps walk from Lummus Park, the hotel has a privileged location in the Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Breakfast till noon, gym, free Wi-Fi, private courtyard garden is also on site, amenities in room, multilingual staff available 24 hours and everything you need to feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Room Mate Lord Balfour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lord Balfour Hotel Miami Beach
- Wave Hotel Miami Beach
- Room Mate Lord Balfour Miami Beach, Florida