This is one of those reviews you kind of hate to write because a person gets greedy with a 'perfect find' and wants it always to be available to them!! We stayed at the Lord Balfour for only one night, April 10 and it was without a doubt a gem! Located on the quiet end of Ocean Drive, it is so conveniently located to the beach and just a short walk down Ocean to any dining you might require. The room was tastefully decorated and outfitted with top of the line everything. While not huge, they made efficient use of every space and it was adequate. Our room overlooked the lovely courtyard with mural on the opposite wall.
We arrived early and were easily accommodated, not something we were expecting but thought we would at least park and hit the beach before check in. The front desk staff is genuinely happy to welcome you and inform you of all the amenities available to you during your stay. We took advantage of the beach area with umbrella, chairs and towels for the afternoon. This is a great inclusion and there were a lot of guests using it so obviously something that should be kept!
Concierge directed us to "Smith and Wollensky' for a wonderful dining experience. Overlooking the water it was the perfect end to a beautiful day on Miami Beach. Had we not consulted him, we would not even have realized this restaurant existed at the end of the street right beside a park and a beautiful walking area.
The other inclusion that is great at the Lord Balfour is the morning breakfast. Just what we needed to start our day. This is a real bonus when there isn't a restaurant on site and the LB has recognized the need and convenience it offers their guests.
We loved Happy Hour at the bar as well. Bartender was very friendly and we witnessed him mixing up some interesting tea infused drinks. We enjoyed our drinks outside on the front deck on a beautiful evening.
I don't recall the young man's name who greeted us when we pulled up to the Lord Balfour but he was very kind and friendly and is definitely an asset to the hotel - a first impression is so important and he certainly went above and beyond to put forth a gracious welcome.
Look no further in Miami Beach for a perfect spot to stay, our only regret is that we only had one night there, we now look forward to returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to Miami Beach and meet Room Mate Lord Balfour, an Art Deco hotel inspired in XX Century Art with a modern twist. Situated right by the beach, just a few steps walk from Lummus Park, the hotel has a privileged location in the Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Breakfast till noon, gym, free Wi-Fi, private courtyard garden is also on site, amenities in room, multilingual staff available 24 hours and everything you need to feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Room Mate Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Room Mate Lord Balfour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lord Balfour Hotel Miami Beach
- Wave Hotel Miami Beach
- Room Mate Lord Balfour Miami Beach, Florida