“Not what we expected”

Ranked #49 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles
“Not what we expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Good: Location is truly on the sand with private beach access; nice pool and sun deck.

The Bad: Rooms are outdated; no King beds, only old Queens with a newer pillow top to pretend they're not as old... our bed actually sunk in the middle! =(

Food: Limited options; I had breakfast in their restaurant once and was terrible. First they mixed up my order. Then brought me the worst ham and cheese omelet ever (Seriously, how bad do you need to be to ruin a simple ham and cheese omelet?) The cheese wasn't even melted, the ham was cut in big pieces and served cold... Oh, and their toast was dry and old. The only decent thing was their coffee.

Room Tip: I'm going to guess that the rooms with pool/ocean views are better - but not sure they can be de...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank urbanchica
TheSavoyHotelCares, General Manager at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by apologizing for the problems you encountered during your recent stay with us. These are not the standards that we work hard to achieve at The Savoy and please know that we appreciate your feedback. I have sent you a message asking you to contact me directly so that we can get a little more information and that we can solve this to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Gary Hyre, GM, The Savoy Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was perfect. The Hotel is not a five star but it was good enough for me to return for another visit! The location of the hotel was great. It is at a quieter area of the beach and if you want some madness just walk a little bit and you will fiind it. The staff was great. Tony and rocky were superb.There was another young lady who served us drinks on the beach, I am not sure of her name but she was very nice as well. The cleaning people do a great job and are very friendly. Mary at the front desk was so helpful and very nice. She recommended restaurants to us and also made our reservations. She knows her restaurants. Great place overall and I would recommend this hotel to my friends or family!

1 Thank joe5897
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Best Regards,

Gary Hyre

General Manager, The Savoy Hotel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

The hotel is great and the service at the restaurant chef eddie is a sweet heart and andres a great server will stay there everytime im in miami.

• Stayed April 2012
Sherman, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I spent five nights between April 6 and April 13, 2012 at this magnificent hotel. It is simply a wonderful place to take a vacation. You'll find that Carlos will greet you at the front desk on your arrival and take care of everything for your room, which by the way are larger than you will find at other hotels. I happened to have booked early enough in advance to land a second floor suite overlooking the ocean from one balcony and overlooking the pool area and the restaurant from the other two balconies. Breakfast on the patio every morning is the way I started my days. The servers are outgoing and call you by your name after they meet you. The poolside area is wonderful for tanning. Carlos will see to it that whatever your drinking from the bar is there for you. The general manager, Gary, will probably stop by to chat with you and see how your stay is going. If you want to go to the beach, then all you have to do is cross a sand dune on a marked path and you are there. Your room comes with an umbrella on the beach and two lounge chairs. The hotel also serves drinks to their guests that prefer sitting on the beach. You are within 4 blocks of Joe's Stone Crabs, which is where I had supper on my first and last nights at South Beach. You are within one block of the southern end of Lummus Park and, of course, all the restaurants and shopping. I grade this place the highest quality experience I've ever had. Yes, I am looking forward to returning to The Savoy Hotel Miami Beach.

Gary D. Corley
[--]

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Our room was very spacious and makes me feel as if i were still at home. The staff members are all very personable and on task. If you ever are in Miami i definitely recommend that you stay here.

4 Thank Joyce D
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We booked the hotel over spring break and were pleasantly suprised when we got to South Beach. The hotel is in a perfect location South of 5, walking distance to everything. Loved the pool area, staff and beach access. Rooms are not fancy,however they are large and clean. Relaxed friendly service. We are planning another trip to The Savoy over the summer!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank North P
portland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is the first time tripadvisor has let me down. DON"T BOOK THIS HOTEL. To be kind I would call it very tired ( the words ""dump" come to mind). The carpets are stained and the halls are musty smelling. Our room ($450 a night) was supposed to be a oceanfront suite. The view was of the parking lot next door and a peekaboo view of the beach behind another building. Believe me you would not want to sit on that deck. When they made up the hide-a-bed they left one old, stained blanket. Housekeeping did promptly bring up another blanket and a sheet to cover them (GROSS). The rooms had been updated but it was done very cheeply. No water pressure in the shower. It's also was supposed to have a full kitchen but there were only 2 plates and 2 glasses-what I was really looking for was a wine opener, but no luck. When I called down to the front desk they told me to call the restaurant. Are you kidding me? Remember I paid $450 a night. You could also hear every word from the room next door. I would never stay here again at any price.

6 Thank Mark H