We just got back from some time in Florida. We decided to do a few days in the keys as well as finish it up with a couple days in South Beach. We were looking for a place that put us close to the action, but not right on top of it, captured the flavor of south beach (as opposed to typical chain hotel) and that would easily accommodate the four of us. We, like you are likely doing now, did some research in advance to find what would meet our needs and I have to say we couldn't be happier with choosing the Savoy.
From the time we arrived, we found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. We got there early so our room wasn’t ready yet so we decided to grab some lunch there which was very good. While we were eating the GM (Gary) proactively approached us, inquired how everything was, chatted with us for 15-20 mins and gave us some really good tips on places to go, things to do, things to avoid, etc. At the time, we thought to ourselves, hmmm, that was nice, unusual for a hotel GM, but nice and very helpful. What we came to learn over the next two days is that this was largely par for the course with the staff. Whether it was Rocky at the pool or the folks at the front desk, everyone was very proactively helpful and pleasant.
As for the location, I thought it was great. You are just below 5th street so the real noise is a couple blocks up and the beach location is terrific. There are plenty of great places to eat right around there as well if you choose to go outside the hotel. A few that come to mind are:
• The Big Pink for breakfast- they live up their name- EVERYTHING is BIG and they are just a few blocks down
• The Local House- right down the street for dinner
• Gelato place across the street- I can’t remember the name but it was really good.
Anyway- that’s it- We really enjoyed our stay, loved the character and location of the place, and thought the staff was outstanding. We’ll stay there again next time we make it back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sophisticated Choice Among Resort Hotels on South Beach Miami...One of the only resort hotels on Ocean Drive located directly on the sand with private beach access, the chic Savoy Hotel South Beach Miami is a 75-suite resort without peer on America's sun-drenched Riviera - South Miami Beach's Art Deco District. Prepare for the Savoy Hotel to awaken your senses!The Savoy offers spacious one and two bedroom suites with beach, pool and Ocean Drive views, only steps away from breezy al fresco cafes, hip boutique shopping, and sizzling nightlife - all with the unmistakable flavor of Miami's multi-cultural South Beach. Setting The Savoy apart is our incredible location and generous amenities, unlike any other on Ocean Drive. At a lush 2-acre expanse of tropical paradise from street to beach, our guests can enjoy commanding beach views from en-suite balconies, sun bathe poolside, and enjoy private access to the sands of beautiful South Beach. Only at the Savoy Hotel South Beach Miami. With its ocean Views, chic decor and Art Deco feeling, The Savoy Hotel is the perfect location to celebrate your Special Day. The Savoy offers a variety of settings for you to choose from. Two sundecks overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, the Terrace restaurant with views of our two tropical pools, and our main Ballroom which overlooks Ocean Drive. From an intimate ceremony of 20 guests to a more lavish party of 125, The Savoy will make this day the most memorable yet for you and your guests! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Savoy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Miami Beach
- Savoy Resort Miami Beach
- The Savoy Hotel Miami Beach, Florida