“"Amazing place "”
Review of The Savoy Hotel

The Savoy Hotel
Ranked #32 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have to say I have never wrote a review on a place good or bad, but I had to take the time here!!! I have stayed at The Diplomat and other big chain hotels over the last 6 mos. in Fla. and this time down I wanted to stay in South Beach. I was given a list of hotels and checked into 3-4 places. I booked online and from the moment I got there till I left I cannot say enough goods things about this hotel from my room to the staff, location and Pool and the way I was treated!!..Even the pool guy handing out towels was nice enough to tell me his name, ask me if I ever needed anything while there to plz ask him for help!!...The guys at the front desk day/night were polite, helpful and actually cared if I was happy with my stay!!...You don't get this kinda personalized service from many hotels at all nowadays!!!.....I was very happy with 1 bedroom room with kitchen and also balcony looking over the street, it was nice to not be confined to 1 single room all weekend!!...The location was perfect if anyone wants to be right near all the crowds but far enough away to be able to sleep...And just the overall experience made my mind up that if im in south beach there is NO OTHER place to stay and have the whole trip be perfect!!!....Some other hotels in the area could learn a lot from this place, and I was most taken by feeling like there wasn't anything that they wouldn't do ( within reason) to make your stay perfect!!!.....I overall would rate 5 stars on everything and being a older hotel its not the most modern but so well kept up you really enjoy the place....I decided to write this 1st review because I feel for the 1st time they deserved it and earned it!!!...I look forward to my next stay there when I come down next winter, and I will certainly recommend to others if I can!!....I didn't get a chance to eat at restaurant but I will next time and I have to say the pool area is amazing with a path right to the ocean!!

Room Tip: You can have a room with balcony looking over the street the pool or right out over the ocean which...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Matt O

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I first stayed at thr Savoy last December, and were impressed enough to book another 5 night stay in May. We arrived in the early afternoon, and were fortunate to be able to go right to the room. As with our past visit, Ray was on duty at the front desk, and was very helpful with checkin and also with other matters during our stay. The room was a 1 bdrm suite with a balcony and pool view, which was outstanding. We enjoyed the pool and beach every day--and one unique feature--as a hotel guest you have use of the beach lounges and umbrellas at no additional charge (actually you are paying for it as part of the $15.00 per day resort fee) The pool are a absolutely beautiful. Towels and chairs were always readily available, and we never saw any "chair saving" which always seems to occur at the larger resorts. Given that the resort is composed of about 80 rooms, its just not that crowded, even at full occupancy, and if you want, you can always find a little privacy. We can't say enough about the pool attendants and outdoor wait staffs and bell staffs. Not only were they always prompt with their service, they always projected a pleasantness that made you feels like they wanted to be there. Its one of the main reasons we came back, and why we will return in the future.
We never used the indoor dining facilities--just too many outstanding choices available within walking distance. We did order lunch on the beach a couple of times, and it was fine--good quality and not overpriced.
As far as negatives go, I really can't think of any which is why I would give this visit a 5 star rating

Room Tip: no tips. You get what you pay for
1  Thank stock1126
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We just got back a few days ago and we definitely had a great time but there were a few things I didn't love. The hotel is in a great location- about a block away from all the noise, there is a great gelato place across the street and a walgreens the next street over
(buy soda/water/snacks- 1 can of coke cola at the hotel was $5). Because this is a smaller hotel, the walls are paper thin- I spent our last night listen to a man (I hope) snore his head off- I was expecting a bear on our balcony! We also spent most mornings (6am-9am) listening to a toddler run laps around the room above us - they shouldn't allow kids on upper levels!

Room Tip: if you don't want to hear stomping, demand a 3rd level floor!
1  Thank Amber B
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Amber,

Thank you for being our guest recently! We sincerely apologize that you had some noisy neighbours. Your comments have been shared with our engineering team and we are taking steps to rectify that issue.

I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest once again. I can personally handle your arrangements!

Yours in Hospitality,
Francine - Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed May 18-22nd and had a fabulous time. The location is ideal for those who want to experience South Beach but prefer things a bit more private and quiet. Once you are inside the gates at the Savoy, you are in your own private oasis. The hotel is very clean with 2 nice pools- one is heated, the other is not. Also, there is a private beach area with chairs and umbrellas. If Rocky is working, you will be well taken care of. He is constantly offering towels or water and there to get lunch or drinks for you as well. He also has a list of restaurants and other recommendations to see and do in the Miami area.
Our room was spacious and very clean. We weren't in the room that often since we were out and about all day, but it was nice and fit our needs.
We found some nice restaurants that were good and not extremely overpriced. News Cafe and South Beach cafe are both great breakfast spots and are a quick walk from the hotel. Havana 1957 is great for lunch or dinner and has great, authentic Cuban food. Supposedly, Desi Arnaz got his start performing there. If you want to pick up snacks to have in your room or at the pool/beach, there is a huge Wal-Green's across the street from the hotel which has nearly anything you might need.
Overall, the Savoy is a great hotel!

Room Tip: Try not to get a 1st floor room. They can be much louder and also not much of a view. Pool side or...
4  Thank Tigers0228
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I were in town for 4 days during the Memorial Day weekend and were glad that we stayed at the Savoy. The location is perfect as you are steps away from the Ocean Drive activity but far enough away that you can escape it and seek a quieter refuge.
We had arrived well before the scheduled check-in time and were not expecting to get our room for several more hours but actually got is almost right away (thanks Carlos!). That was great start to our trip!

ROOM – Very large and clean with a fully functional kitchen and dining and seating area. Soundproofing wasn’t good at all as we could hear our upstairs neighbors through the ceiling. Also had a lackluster view of the parking garage next door. But, it wasn’t really a problem as we weren’t in the room much and the other positives more than made up for the few shortcomings.

POOLS & BEACH – 2 pools to choose from: one was shallow and heated and the other deeper with cooler water. Lots of chairs and shade too. The beach is only a few seconds away and there were always plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas set up. Both great options to cool down from the hot Miami sun and relax.

OTHER – Had lunch at the on-site restaurant and it was good and reasonably priced. All the staff that we dealt with were great. It is within walking distance of Walgreen/CVS/Publix so you can grab some groceries.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

What great find in the busy South Beach area. Very friendly staff and comfortable hotel. The beach access is very close. Being only a 75 room hotel it wasn't packed at the pool and was low key and relaxing. I would stay again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the pool view room we had (211). You could see the pool and the ocean form the large wind...
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Loved this hotel. A quieter location away from the hustle and bustle but direct access to the beach. The room was one of the largest we have ever had. The staff were brilliant and could not be faulted.

1  Thank Johnnymac1953