The Savoy Hotel & Beach Club
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
US$425
  • Beachfront
Chesterfield Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$277
US$226
  • Bar/Lounge
US$221
US$204
US$345
US$314
  • Beachfront
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$215
  • Restaurant
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$257
US$204
  • Beachfront
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$256
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
US$272
US$199
  • Beachfront
Red South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$271
US$209
US$569
US$417
galahotels.com
1,958 results
All reviewsocean drivepool view suitepool areasouth beachprivate beach accessliving roomresort feean umbrellaperfect locationchairs and umbrellasbars and restaurantssmall kitchenthird floornight lifeart decoper daybeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in Miami at the end of a big USA trip to mark a special birthday and anniversary and wanted to just relax at this stage.The hotel was booked through Trailfinders company in the UK who confirmed that their other customers had been very happy with it.
Everything was just perfect for us. The staff were always polite, friendly and helpful. There are a range of rooms and ours was described as a standard suite - it was in fact 4 rooms- a large sitting room with sofas and flat screen TV joining a small kitchen area with microwave, crockery, coffee maker and fridge. There were large cupboard areas with ironing board etc. There was also a dining table and 4 chairs. Through there, you reached the very large bedroom with the biggest bed I have ever seen, which was very comfortable.That room also had a very large TV. Off the bedroom was a huge dressing room with hanging and storage areas where the aircon was also kept. Then a bathroom with separate air filter, large , modern shower area, basin , drying area. The rooms also had ceiling fans so you could control the temp to your liking which was necessary as it was extremely hot. We did not have a balcony nor an attractive view. Initially I was disappointed but then realised that there is such a wide choice of seating areas outside a few steps away, it really wasn't needed. We were in room 206. The lift worked well but there was also a stairwell next to our room which worked out speedier. We never heard any noise at all from anywhere whilst in our room.
The 2 pools were great and usually you could swim alone- no hordes of kids jumping on you! There is a short pathway onto a private area of beach and you are given loungers, towels , a sunshade etc. The restaurant staff come down to the beach regularly and take orders for drinks or snacks.There is iced water and copious amounts of towels available around the pool and we were never short of choices of sitting- loungers, wicker relaxers, comfy sofas , shade or sun available. The pool staff keep it all immaculate.There are complimentary newspapers too. The sea is very warm and shallow for a long distance so great for kids and there are life guards. One pool is shallow and the other reaches 9' at the deep end.
Our deal included continental breakfast - bowl of fresh fruit, yoghurt, toast, croissant, pastry, cold meat and orange juice. We had taken a travel kettle as being Brits we need our tea! Our bed had chocolates left on it very day after making up by staff - a nice touch. We also lunched a couple of times and as other reviewers have mentioned, the fish tacos are brilliant! Thank God I do eat fish although not meat as there was virtually nothing available in any restaurants we visited for vegetarians, even pasta etc always had meat.
I don't think you would visit Miami for the arts and culture especially , more for relaxing. We did do the Hop On Hop Off bus, which was pretty dire- the guide was dreadful and just wanted to chat up the younger girls. There was nowhere really to get off other than shops. If you want to shop and like clothes, Lincoln Mall was the best and had some lovely street cafes too. Ocean Drive, further along has a wealth of bars and restaurants and you can while away hours just people watching- they got wilder and wackier at the weekend.
The Savoy and neighbouring buildings are beautiful Art Deco structures which are very attractive in the sunshine with the palms outside and especially after a daiquiri or two!

On our last day, our flight was not until the night and we vacated the room by 12 and were able to store our luggage, stay around the pool and shower in the gym area before leaving which was very much appreciated.
I cannot think of anything negative to say! Just go there!

Room Tip: If things like balconies, views , etc are important to you, clarify what you will be getting when you book as the range available was wide
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GreyladyLeicester
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Ocean Drive is a strange place Dr. Jekyll in the morning, Mr. Hyde in the evening. We hated it in the evening with the hustle and bustle and the hordes of reality star wannabes (although for a while it is great if you want to practice the Noble Art of People Watching). But in the morning when the night owls were (un)sound asleep we loved to stroll on the beach side of the Drive from where the many wonderful Art Deco buildings come to their right. And yes, still the young ladies in front of the breakfast restaurants do their utmost to catch you in. But they are amateurs. If you want to experience real aggressive decoys you should go the the bazaar in Istanbul, Turkey or the souk in Marrakech, Morocco. They are pro's.
When the fuzz gets to much (and believe me it does) we fortunately had checked in at The Savoy Hotel on the same Ocean Drive. What a difference. From the noisy hell to the quiet heaven.
We were extremely lucky but the luck "follows the fools" as we say in this part of the world. Our room with view to the pool area was not only huge, it's was immense. I had to measure it: 80 sq. meters i.e. 860 sq. feet. So lucky us.Furthermore we very much enjoyed the not overcrowded pool, the hotel sunchairs at the beach, the discret service of the polite and helpful staff, the tasteful breakfast. Nothing to complain about? No. We liked the Savoy Hotel and it felt like the Savoy Hotel liked us. Happy ending.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ulpa_10
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and the on-line price we got was decent for South Beach- $249 per nt. There were 2 great pools with lounge chairs and lounging beds; cocktail and food service. The beach was amazing and towels and chairs were readily available. The room was clean and basic. The fridge and coffee maker were nice to have. Our room faced the street which was fine.

The girl who checked us in was clueless and knew virtually nothing about the hotel or the restaurant or standard check in procedures. We arrived at noon and the room was not available when we returned at 4PM the room was still not ready so we changed into bathing suits and hung out by the pool. Finally the room was ready at 6:20PM.

The hotel restaurant has really good food at reasonable prices. The fish tacos were excellent. The exterior of the building is in need of some repairs and I hope the owners replace the rotting wood trim and do the necessary touch up painting. One of the elevators was out of service the entire length of our stay but a sign was never posted so people stood waiting until someone walking by would alert them. We walked to tons of places and really liked the location.

A few minor improvements in staffing and exterior maintenance would merit this property an excellent ranking. We would stay here in the future for the right price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I have to say I have never wrote a review on a place good or bad, but I had to take the time here!!! I have stayed at The Diplomat and other big chain hotels over the last 6 mos. in Fla. and this time down I wanted to stay in South Beach. I was given a list of hotels and checked into 3-4 places. I booked online and from the moment I got there till I left I cannot say enough goods things about this hotel from my room to the staff, location and Pool and the way I was treated!!..Even the pool guy handing out towels was nice enough to tell me his name, ask me if I ever needed anything while there to plz ask him for help!!...The guys at the front desk day/night were polite, helpful and actually cared if I was happy with my stay!!...You don't get this kinda personalized service from many hotels at all nowadays!!!.....I was very happy with 1 bedroom room with kitchen and also balcony looking over the street, it was nice to not be confined to 1 single room all weekend!!...The location was perfect if anyone wants to be right near all the crowds but far enough away to be able to sleep...And just the overall experience made my mind up that if im in south beach there is NO OTHER place to stay and have the whole trip be perfect!!!....Some other hotels in the area could learn a lot from this place, and I was most taken by feeling like there wasn't anything that they wouldn't do ( within reason) to make your stay perfect!!!.....I overall would rate 5 stars on everything and being a older hotel its not the most modern but so well kept up you really enjoy the place....I decided to write this 1st review because I feel for the 1st time they deserved it and earned it!!!...I look forward to my next stay there when I come down next winter, and I will certainly recommend to others if I can!!....I didn't get a chance to eat at restaurant but I will next time and I have to say the pool area is amazing with a path right to the ocean!!

Room Tip: You can have a room with balcony looking over the street the pool or right out over the ocean which was amazing!!!...I was in a corner suite and actually enjoyed staying there watching the people below!!...I think being on the top flr. is a good idea if you don't wanna hear noise from above!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Matt O
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I first stayed at thr Savoy last December, and were impressed enough to book another 5 night stay in May. We arrived in the early afternoon, and were fortunate to be able to go right to the room. As with our past visit, Ray was on duty at the front desk, and was very helpful with checkin and also with other matters during our stay. The room was a 1 bdrm suite with a balcony and pool view, which was outstanding. We enjoyed the pool and beach every day--and one unique feature--as a hotel guest you have use of the beach lounges and umbrellas at no additional charge (actually you are paying for it as part of the $15.00 per day resort fee) The pool are a absolutely beautiful. Towels and chairs were always readily available, and we never saw any "chair saving" which always seems to occur at the larger resorts. Given that the resort is composed of about 80 rooms, its just not that crowded, even at full occupancy, and if you want, you can always find a little privacy. We can't say enough about the pool attendants and outdoor wait staffs and bell staffs. Not only were they always prompt with their service, they always projected a pleasantness that made you feels like they wanted to be there. Its one of the main reasons we came back, and why we will return in the future.
We never used the indoor dining facilities--just too many outstanding choices available within walking distance. We did order lunch on the beach a couple of times, and it was fine--good quality and not overpriced.
As far as negatives go, I really can't think of any which is why I would give this visit a 5 star rating

Room Tip: no tips. You get what you pay for
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple