“Lovely summer vacation at the SAVOY!!”

The Savoy Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #28 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I came down from NYC for a short beach vacation. I did a lot of research on which hotel we should stay at and I am sooo glad I selected The Savoy!! The hotel was just perfect. Location was ideal, within walking distance to everything! The pool area and beach were so relaxing and beautiful. Such a change from Brooklyn! The staff were super cordial and helpful. The suite was so large! Bottom line, when we return to Miami we will return to the Savoy!! Thank you Savoy for the lovely summer vacation.

Room Tip: Spend a few extra bucks for an Ocean View Suite - well worth it!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Francesca R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,959)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed here from July 25-28th for the first time and absolutely loved everything about the hotel and the premesis. The personnel was exceedingly helpful and pleasant--especially Rocky who helps around the pool and patio--our poolview room was amazing and comfortable, the pool and surroundings were heavenly, and there was no odor in the hotel as other reviews have mentioned. Nor were the hallways or the interiors of the hotel old looking as others have mentioned. I could not find one thing wrong with my stay except maybe that our room key didn't work a few times and we had to return to the front desk to get ours reprogrammed and maybe that had to do with our weird magnetic fields (?!) or whatever. I am in my mid-40s and not a drinker so was somewhat relieved that this was away from the insanity of the South Beach madness....which we could witness if we we wanted to (and did a couple of times). It just made me happier to come back to the Savoy. On the first and last days of our stay, we were permitted to use the facilities, including the beach, pool, towels, and beach chairs/umbrellas. We also stored our luggage before and after check-in/check-out. I cannot recommend this place enough and look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Pool view or Ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Eve22006
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I went on vacation to Miami Beach from July 14th to the 18th. We stayed at the savoy Hotel and that was the best choice we ever made. The room was perfect and the food was excellent. The staff was very friendly and Rocky by the pool always goes above and beyond to help. It's the perfect place for family vacation. We will be back for sure again.
Thanks again.
Love S

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter what room you choose. I was in the regular room and it was very clean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Love S
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed there for two nights.... The room was great. Nice suite.
The building is (as many in Miami) old, and there was that oldish odor all the way until you get to the room... it was really annoying.
The pool was ok, not so much for the breakfast and common areas... There was a big group of drunk loud people beside the pool for an entire day, somehow intimidating for the rest of the people, and no one from the hotel did anything to stop that.
The desk people was extremely helpfull and friendly, so that is definitelly a Plus!!
Overall experience... I wouldn't stay there again. I'm sure I can do better for the same money.

Room Tip: We stayed at a suite... It was very good. If you can stand the oldish odor all the way until you get...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CFonte
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was my 2nd stay at the Savoy. I stayed for a week for the July 4th holiday. My first stay was much better because I absolutely loved my room (Room 320), it had a view of Ocean Drive and it also had a balcony. I did try requesting the same room again or a least a room with a balcony and I got neither which was a bit disappointing (Room 226). I was also not impressed with the bathroom in room 226 and the people who stayed above me were extremely loud. Overall, I absolutely love the Savoy, the location is great, the staff is always helpful and very pleasant and I especially love the pool & direct beach access! It was a very nice surprise that guy at the front desk who checked me in (forgive me, I forgot his name) and Rocky who works at the pool recognized me from my previous stay the year before. I will definitely stay at the Savoy again, especially if I can get room 320! The price is a little high, but the Savoy is my go to hotel when I come to South Beach, just a few steps from the beach, so many restaurants and all of the nightlife!!! The location couldn't be more perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank moni0921
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a standard room which could use a big makeover. Carpets, aircondition and bathroom. I also suspect a mold in bathroom and ceiling over the bed. Found a bedbug crawling on the floor in a closet. The pool and beach is great.
This hotel has an okay location, with Starbucks 250 yards away. However, this is the quiet side of Miami beach. You are within close walking distance to the shopping street and about 30.min drive to Aventura mall and 20.min to Bal Harbour shops.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Travelling_Elk
TheSavoyHotelCares, Director of Sales at The Savoy Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Traveling_elk,

Thank you for being our guest recently. Your comments are very concerning as we have a very intensive preventative maintenance program in place.

Would you be kind enough to contact me at sales@savoymiami.com so we can discuss your comments in more detail and also provide me with the room you stayed in?

Francine - Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Savoy; 9 girls in 3 suites. Upon entering our rooms we found the decor was dated (think 1980s), very little light coming into the North facing rooms, and the phone/radio broken. There was also no ice maker on the floor. I have been vacationing in South Beach for many years and the hotels are typically not the greatest when you pay around $200/night, but this was around $400 and it was disappointing. One night we found blood stains on the newly changed sheets. The elevator on our end of the hall was broken so unless we wanted to walk the opposite direction down a very long hallway, we had to use the stairwell (which is not really great in heels...in fact one of the girls fell down them and fractured her forearm). Dingy Miami hotels are expected at a lower price point but not at what the Savoy charges. Location is also not that great as you will end up having to take a cab if you want to hit up the better nightclubs. I give the hotel 2 stars because the staff is pretty friendly and the lobby is nice and spacious,

Room Tip: Dont get a North facing room. You won't get much natural lightt.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear monicaintampa,

Thank you sincerely for choosing The Savoy Hotel for your recent stay in South Beach. We are very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. We strive to provide each and every guest with a memorable stay here at the property.

We reviewed our logs regarding your comment on a broken elevator and a guest with a fractured forearm. Regretfully, we have no record of either of these items as having been reported. We certainly would have addressed your concerns immediately had we been aware.

We apologize once again for falling short on your expectations and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your friends once again.

Yours in Hospitality,