I visited this location for a week family vacation. I hope this review helps you to determine if this is the place for you.
Pros :Good. The beach is across the street. You can see the beach and the water from the rooftop deck (more about that later). Great restaurant within walking distance. Collins avenue and Washington street and espanola way have nice restaurant with better pricing and better quality food.
Cons: Parking is $35 a night which is outrageous. You can do municipal parking for $20 which is less than a 5 minute walk. The patio at the hotel has seating but unfortunately the did not have the foresight to have high chairs so you can sit and watch the water. So unless you feel like standing up for a while the view is lost. Fyi the Marriott on Ocean has the best unobstructed view from the beach at Deco blue. Buy a drink and enjoy the view like we did. The food is average but the view is great.
Service: The front desk staff and Alex (my favorite) were wonderful. Any requests were handled promptly. They provide laundry detergent, lotion, etc.. and do it with a smile. They answer any questions you have and get 5 stars for that.
Rooms: I was in a one bedroom which is more like a studio with sliding doors. However, the rooms were decent and the kitchen is nice with a full size refrigerator, pots, pans, etc... since this is a timeshare this is was expected. One bedrooms have no view whatsoever so the two bedroom is the way to go. There are no balconies on the rooftop for a view.
Fyi, the walls are thin so you will hear some hallway noise.
Miscellaneous: If you are in the main building (there are two buildings right next to each other) you will have to go to the other building to do your laundry.
All in all it's a decent place. I would stay again potentially.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza enjoys a premier address on Ocean Drive in the heart of the world-renowned Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Known for its local hot spots and activities, your anticipated South Beach experience will be full of sun-soaked beaches, trendy boutiques, and pulsating nightlife, and all just steps from your private front porch. Cross Ocean Drive and you'll find yourself on white sand beaches fringed by tropical palm trees and highlighted by the mesmerizing blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The one and two bedroom suites at the hotel reflect the historical elegance and timeless appeal of this classic motif which makes South Beach one of the most unique of all destinations. Each suite is tastefully inspired by the colors and designs of the Art Deco era and features a well-equipped kitchen with a stove top, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and all utensils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Miami Beach
- Hilton Vacations Club Miami
- Hilton Grand Vacations At McAlpin-Ocean Plaza Miami Beach, Florida