We only had the opportunity to stay here for 1 night on our way out of town. We checked into this quaint resort and since we're HGVC owners we got a great rate for our sleep over at this hotel. After driving thru downtown traffic in Miami and South Beach we found the location here a nice retreat from an overall crazy busy area of South Beach. Who knew it was soooo busy mid-January? I guess while its snowing in the rest of the country this area is just hopping with activity in the gorgeous 80 degree perfect weather. It literally felt like leaving the winter and arriving in the Summer! (and I live in sunny SoCal)
the location could not have been more perfect directly across the street from the beach. All the hotels in this area are beautiful older artdeco hotels that have been refurbished to newer hotels and resorts. This HGVC encompasses 2 old buildings each with its own fitness center and rooftop jacuzzi I guess thats why theres no pools at either. For this particular trip we didn't care. I'm not sure if this is a problem in the summer when it really heats up there. For us, just a walk to the beach was wonderful.
Our room was a one bedroom suite with the typical living area and kitchen area and Master suite area. Although it was small I'm under the assumption given the prime area of the hotel it is not unheard of. Kinda like NYC hotels. The good thing is here you're short walk out the door to bar or club or the beach. For that it was ideal.
The staff were very helpful and although you need to valet park your car it was always a quick and easy service. The prices were fair.
I would most definitely consider this hotel if I stay in South Beach, but would have to consider the size and space and how many people I'm traveling with.
It wasn't the typical HGVC reosrt I'm used to but its all good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza enjoys a premier address on Ocean Drive in the heart of the world-renowned Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Known for its local hot spots and activities, your anticipated South Beach experience will be full of sun-soaked beaches, trendy boutiques, and pulsating nightlife, and all just steps from your private front porch. Cross Ocean Drive and you'll find yourself on white sand beaches fringed by tropical palm trees and highlighted by the mesmerizing blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean. The one and two bedroom suites at the hotel reflect the historical elegance and timeless appeal of this classic motif which makes South Beach one of the most unique of all destinations. Each suite is tastefully inspired by the colors and designs of the Art Deco era and features a well-equipped kitchen with a stove top, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and all utensils. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hilton Hotels Direct, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club At South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Hotel Miami Beach
- Hilton Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Vacations Club Miami
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Miami Beach
- Hilton Grand Vacations At McAlpin-Ocean Plaza Miami Beach, Florida