“South Beach Group stays winning!”
Review of Hotel Chelsea

Hotel Chelsea
Ranked #84 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I come to Miami often and I always stay with South Beach Group, this time I contacted Carlos when I landed in Miami. As always he is good to me and booked me a room at the Chelsea.

I took the FREE shuttle as usual and made my way to The Chelsea. Vanessa at the front desk took care of me and I found out that I was upgraded to a nice king size room on the top with great view of the surroundings below.

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the location, but I'm used to staying at the Chesterfield or the Catalina and they are both 1 block away from the beach where this is about 4 blocks away.

If you read my other reviews of South Beach Group, you'll know that I'm loyal to this company because they will always treat me right! Thank you Carlos again, excited for the next trip with South Beach Group.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank TC89
GuestSpecialist, General Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2011

We know that there are many choices when it comes to hotels in South Beach and it is great to have loyal customers as you!
We are very pleased that our amenities made your trip to South Beach much convenient for you.
Thank you for the good feed back and hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2011

The rooms here at Hotel Chelsea are very nice. There is a large flat screen on the wall and nice beds. They are newly decorated and kept very clean. There are no real amenities here so make sure you get a good rate. There is no full length mirror and water does get all over the bathroom floor. If you have 2 people that need to use the mirror at the same time then there might be a problem because the only one is in the bathroom. It's a great location and they have free happy hour from 7-8. Make sure you don't pay more than $150 per night because that is all it's worth.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank candijay45

Thank you for your suggestions rest assure that we take all of your comments very seriously to improve our service.
Please don't hesitate to contacts us directly for your next trip so we can work on the best rate possible for you.

Reviewed 26 March 2011

I was very impressed with our room. Comfortable bed, large and clean, very trendy, we actually loved it. BUT, and this is a big BUT and the reason why we might not go back to this hotel, is all the noise coming from the music in the lobby bar. The music usually starts at 10 pm (yes, right when you might wanna go to sleep) and it ends at 3 am when the bar closes. I had to call every night for the 3 nights I stayed there to ask to turn down the volume.
They charge 15 dollars a day, claiming that internet is also included; however, once we checked in, we were told that it was only in the lobby, we did not like that.
Other than that, the staff was friendly and responsive to our needs. But this whole music thing, kind of dissapoint us.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Let us start by thanking you for the good feed back you gave us and continue by apologizing for the inconveniences we might have caused you with the music in our lobby. All of your comments are very important to us since they help us provide you and all future guest with a better service.
Please next time that you plan a trip to South Beach let us WOW you with the improvement and also contacts directly so we can make sure to provide you with a quiet room and the best rate possible.
Thank you again for your important feed back.

Reviewed 25 March 2011

I stayed here for 5 days with my boyfriend. The Staff was so wonderful. Especially the bartender. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom is amazing. The hotel even provided us with free wrist bands for some of the nightclubs :)

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank LaLa0209

We are very happy to know that our amenities were of your liking and that we made your stayed as memorable as possible.
We will love to have you stay with us again so please contact us directly when you plan your next vacation so we can work on your reservation together.
Thank you for your great feed back.
Best regards,
Chelsea hotel Management.

Reviewed 23 March 2011

In Staying at this hotel for my spring break trip with my two friends. My phone was stolen right out of my room. The mangement team did not want any part in trying to help us find this. They just said they were not responsible for lost or stolen items. So helpful!... not!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarclayton
Reviewed 17 March 2011

My sister and I stayed one night at the Hotel Chelsea before taking our international flight the next day. We paid for a shuttle, which makes stops along the way to other hotels to drop off other people. Keep this in mind on your departure from the hotel back to airport -as the same shuttle picks up others who are also going back to Miami International. The hotel is chic and swank, decorated with an Asian theme. We enjoyed a free happy hour once we checked in. The music can be loud so if you are looking for some place quiet to rest - then this is not the spot. For my sister and I it was perfect, clean and within walking distance to lots of street-side cafes and shops and boutiques. The price was right -so I would stay here again. The staff was helpful and gave good advice about places to dine along the strip.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This hotel is definitely not what I expected. My friends and I paid almost $1600 for this mess. I hated it here. My room was not cleaned by maids for two days in a row. We kept running out of towels. The room was the size of my closet. It was very small. The staff was not helpful at all. One of my friends hot sick, I went out and bought soup for her & I asked the man at the front desk if I could have a spoon and he rudely told me "do you know how many people come and ask for spoons? If I gave you one I would have to get everyone else one too". The lobby was loud at all times! It was to the point where when I called the front desk the man couldn't even hear me because of the loud noise in the lobby. I have been to Miami before, but stayed at viceroy Miami and it was heaven compared to this dump. Overall, it was a mess. I am truly disappointed in myself for choosing this hotel to stay in. Just take my advice & DO NOT stay here. I recommend viceroy, loews, z ocean, the delano. Matter of fact anything past 10 & Collins is better to stay the hotels are much nicer going down that way.

• Stayed: March 2011