“Cramped”

Ranked #78 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
nyc
“Cramped”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed in a two double bedroom with two others. It took us over an half an hour just to check in. There were hardly any space to move around or put our stuff in our rooms. The bed was uncomfortable, one side was caved in (thinking a heavy person might have slept on that side before). They also had a vent that would blow right in my face when sleeping.

The best thing at this hotel were the bartenders. They bartenders were really sweet and friendly.

The location was good to if you want to be around the club scene.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Good Evening isnugglez,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am sorry that it took some time for you to get checked in. Perhaps we were experiencing issues with other guests, therefore it took some time. We take our guests comments very serious and though it pains us to hear that you experience was not amazing, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow.

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hungarian first
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This hotel is much more of what you can see online.
It is small but super cute, confortable, sweet, romantic and moderm at the same.
Me and my husband had a great stay. Staff is beyond nice and helpful, even general manager is available to make you feel welcome.
I will recomend this hotel for sure!!!

• Stayed November 2013
Hello there laitely,

There is nothing that we love to see more then a wonderful review with 5 stars!! Thank you for sharing it with us! I am extremely glad to know that you had such an amazing time while staying with us! Our staff is always working hard to provide our guests with the best product overall that they can! I see that you were able to experience that first hand! :) Please come back for another memorable time!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I never write reviews but I must say do to the bad reviews which give this cute little hotel a skeptical cognition i want to say how much we LOVED it! My girlfriends and I had a blast!

Not only is it in the heart of south beach - closed to everything (you do NOT need a car) but it also has a great friendly services.

The room we stayed was clean and comfy ( eco-friendly) - I would deft, stay here again!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
ohio
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Hotel chelsea was mediocre at best but still would recommend being that the location was great. Close and walking distance to the strip and the beach. Rooms were ok, needs a little updating. Atmosphere was nice, had happy hour daily @ 7pm where drinks were free. Actually one of the nicer boutiques in that area.

Room Tip: Daily hotel charge
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mia9980
Hello mia9980,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! I am glad that you found the location of our property to be great!!! :) We are just blocks away from the strip and from everything else you will want to do while in South Beach! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. Perfect time to mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors.

princeton, nj
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The hotel is small and chic and looks up to date. The rooms were cozy and small. Bathroom was tiny but clean and chic as well. The only issue with this hotel is that the walls and ceilings are not insulated and you can hear the person next to you sneeze and people walking on the floor above. That sucked because I was woken up several times by someone's footsteps and noise from above floor. There is no pool or fitness center at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jamempress
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hello there jamempress,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the decor that we have. I will definitely mention this to the General Manager so that she is aware of your feedback! Unfortunately we do not have a pool nor a fitness center at our hotel. We do offer discounted passes to one of the hottest gyms in South Beach.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This stylish gem is 2 blocks from the beach! The rooms are comfortable and clean. I have no compliants. I would recommend to anoyone that wants to be right in the mix and within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and the BEACH!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelanieK77
Good Evening MelanieK77,

Thank you so much for the time you took to provide us with your honest feedback! I am glad to read that you had a nice time while staying with us. I see that you were content with the cleanliness of your room, as well as how comfortable it was. We are located just blocks away from the beach, and from all the action. We hope to see you soon!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The worst hotel I ever stayed in, the room was small no locks on the inside door. The second day I was there I put the do not disturb sign on the door but house keeping kept knocking on the door , the 2 day the came in ,lucky I caught the door I was naked getting read to take a shower ,can they not see the do not disturb sign, no vending machine high price food in the room. Also there is a $100 deposit you have to pay at time of check in, the only good thing about this hotel was it by south beach and clubs. Never again will I stay there.

Room Tip: None to say
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tracy C
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Chelsea, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Good Evening Tracy C,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! We take our guests comments very serious and though it pains us to hear that your experience was not positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. I will definitely make sure to inform the General Manager about the issue that you experienced with the housekeeper and the "Do Not Disturb" sign. It is completely unacceptable for them to not take that sign into consideration and totally ignore it. I am extremely sorry about that inconvenience! Just like every other hotel we do take a hold for incidentals- just in case that something is damaged in the room. The hold is released as soon as you check out with us. I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time, we would love to make it up to you!

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels